How moist was your breast?

workingcinderellaman

Sometimes breast meat can be really dry. It can be enough to ruin a good Thanksgiving meal. It's for this reason that I usually deep fry the turkey.

This year I cooked two turkeys because of our large extended family. One was deep fried and the other was rotisserie. I was skeptical about the rotisserie bird, but it was every bit as moist as the deep-fried turkey. They were both really good. The thing about the rotisserie turkey is that you can baste it and so I think it tastes better.

• Like 1

Shouldn't this topic be in New World Women?

No, wait......it's about turkeys.....nevermind. ;) ;)

• Like 2

I had a breaded chicken cutlet today that was as hard as a rock. Perhaps if workers got to keep more of their labors there would be pride in craftsmanship and my cutlet would have been moist.
  • Like 1

I had a breaded chicken cutlet today that was as hard as a rock. Perhaps if workers got to keep more of their labors there would be pride in craftsmanship and my cutlet would have been moist.

Why didn't you send it back? What was it about the cook's level of pay that made you feel obligated to accepted such poor work?

• Like 1

Why didn't you send it back? What was it about the cook's level of pay that made you feel obligated to accepted such poor work?

I bought it at the deli to reheat at home. I'm sure deli earns big profit while the workers make $7.75 perhaps a patio chair through the window will even things out but since this isn't SOCN I won't have any more to say on the subject.

• Like 1

I bought it at the deli to reheat at home. I'm sure deli earns big profit while the workers make $7.75 perhaps a patio chair through the window will even things out but since this isn't SOCN I won't have any more to say on the subject.

And you just reinforced the deli owner's view that he does not need to pay for better quality work. I don't care if I'm at McDonald's, if I open that little cardboard box and my burger is not aligned correctly, I bring it back and tell them to make it again. I am a union guy so I am all for fair wages, but I also understand that for that wage, high quality work is expected.

• Like 1

You Bet. I had a rotisserie Chicken with herbs...mashed potatoes with chicken gravy[FF], green beans [french style] Cool Whip with a bit of pumpkin pie

KUrmAZK.jpg Ahhhhhhh! The way I've eaten it since I was in my teens. I've got one time, in 1977 on cassette tape!

NAGAdFC.gif

• Like 1