Entre_Perpetuo

Which song  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Is better?

• Jet - Paul McCartney & Wings
    • Suffragette City - David Bowie
    • Can’t possibly decide!

Jet is one of my favorite songs from the 1970s, which is saying a lot

The memories that are linked with that song go beyond my usual long winded responses, but there are only a handful of songs that are in the JET league for me

Sorry Zig

Jet Wins

Edited by Lucas
  • Like 3

Jet

Watching Macca circa 1976 perform Jet with Wings, via the "Wings Over The World" documentary. Not many can touch McCartney as a live performer, and his songs translate perfectly for the stage.
  • Like 2

Jet

Watching Macca circa 1976 perform Jet with Wings, via the "Wings Over The World" documentary. Not many can touch McCartney as a live performer, and his songs translate perfectly for the stage.

Few songwriters and performers can shift from style to style and genre to genre like McCartney.

• Like 1

I realize I never voiced my own opinion!

Bowie may be my fifth favorite artist of all time, but Suffragette City isn’t really my favorite tune of his. I like it quite a lot, but Jet is easily one of my favorite Macca tunes, maybe even Beatles included. It’s so ecstatic and hook laden and the chorus just soars and the bass just drives! I love it! Great classic rock and roll from the master himself. Now there are certainly Bowie tunes I like more than Jet, but SC doesn’t make the cut.

But I knew this would be a close one! :)