Question about a Rush release that I found on their website

YYZumbi

I found this 3 CD set called Rush In Rio on Rush official website. I do have the original CD set, but that got a different cover art. So I am just curious if this is a remastered version, that they released together with the R40 box set, that had Rush In Rio on bluray.

https://rushbackstage.com/product/6XCDRU024/cd-rush-in-rio-3-cd-set?cp=102112_102215_102518

Someone that know?

I just got an e-mail about an upcoming Rush in Rio 4LP set getting released early next year. Maybe the 3 CD set goes along with that.
  • Like 2

I just got an e-mail about an upcoming Rush in Rio 4LP set getting released early next year. Maybe the 3 CD set goes along with that.

I got it as well, I am so gonna pre-order that! Damn how scary is that, when I am looking on the Rush In Rio CDs, and suddenly they release it on vinyl record. :drool:

I hope they do the same with the other live records!

• Like 2

I don't see the point of this....Rush in Rio is renowned for it's horrible sound quality, having been recorded in a mobile van essentially.

No amount of mastering is going to fix that, and indeed listening to it on hi-fidelity mediums such as vinyl will only amplify it's limitations.

Just another way of hosing the completionists I fear.

• Like 4

I don't see the point of this....Rush in Rio is renowned for it's horrible sound quality, having been recorded in a mobile van essentially.

No amount of mastering is going to fix that, and indeed listening to it on hi-fidelity mediums such as vinyl will only amplify it's limitations.

They fixed the sound better when they released it on bluray, so why would they not be able to improve it when they release it on vinyl record?

They fixed the sound better when they released it on bluray, so why would they not be able to improve it when they release it on vinyl record?

You can only polish a turd so much......

• Like 1

If they used the DVD mix, I'd be in. Doubt they would have spent much effort on this though. I'd want to know how it was mastered before I commit.

I only listen to the CDs about once a year. The DVD is the star of this show.

You can only polish a turd so much......

I polished my last turd to a glistening, shiny nugget. But that's not the same thing. Never mind.

I found this 3 CD set called Rush In Rio on Rush official website. I do have the original CD set, but that got a different cover art. So I am just curious if this is a remastered version, that they released together with the R40 box set, that had Rush In Rio on bluray.

https://rushbackstag...2_102215_102518

Someone that know?

YYZumbi they fixed the image.

Edited by RushFanForever

MusicToday is the platform that now handles the RUSH Backstage Club Store.

They should've caught the initial mistake of posting the DVD graphic cover in error for the 'Rush In Rio' 3 CD set and corrected it with the CD graphic cover instead.

I expect this will be the first of many mistakes by Music Today since the real backstage club closed up shop.