Relationships between young guys and much older women?

Texas King

If the younger person is legally of age, what does it matter? Some folks have issues with the proverbial May-December relationships, but ultimately it's got nothing to do with anyone but the couple. However, it does seem that there is more talk about much older men with younger women than the other way around.
  • Like 3

The above is a joke because I don't have personal experience - my husband and I were born a few weeks apart. I don't see a problem, though, as long as it's a healthy relationship in the other standard ways- being honest with each other, having some shared idea of why you are together, no one is taking advantage of the other financially or emotionally, the persons support each other instead of tearing each other down and they each have a sense of humor!

There is a British actress named Juliet Mills who married an actor named Maxwell Caulfield (star of Grease 2 ! :LOL: :lol:) who is 18 years younger than she is. That was in 1980 and 38 years later they are still together. :heart:

Edited by blueschica
  • Like 2

Worked twice for me....neither of my wives, but still....

fwPKumS.gif

First time I was 24 she was 36. Last time I was 53 she was 65. Worked every time for 30 years!

3DF6.gif

No leopard prints, but she did wear a black polka dot dress that made my mouth water!

• Like 1

Generally, I don't see a problem. It depends more on the people in question. I was 10 years older than my first wife. Obviously, that didn't work... My wife now is 4 years older than me. I gotta admit its nice being with someone with a similar frame of reference (we both grew up in the '80's.) What's funny is my first wife turned out to be one grumpy little s***. Intensely intelligent, but basically an old curmudgeon in a 20-something body.
  • Like 1

What are your views on this kind of relationships, whether they are emotional or just sexual? Are they OK to you or not?

And according to your personal knowledge, are they rare or not?

I think all relationships are sexual for men, but in some cases there may be a touch of Oedipus involved if the woman is much older, which would make it more emotional. Not that there's anything wrong with that. I think in general men prefer younger. Your results may vary.