200 greatest pop albums of all time

Entre_Perpetuo

73. Madonna - Like a Virgin

Let's see if we can get all the way up to 10 with actual "pop" albums on this list.

Good idea. Emphasize the pop, de emphasize the great.

Edited by laughedatbytime

celtic frost - morbid tales

Welp, looks like we’re not doing pop anymore. Bathory is out to disprove today.

You can only keep the, "Iron Maiden sold out with Powerslave," crowd down for so long.

Nah, they sold out on Number Of The Beast. The radio played Run To The Hills and the album went platinum. How dare any metal band become successful and actually make some money.

• Like 1

You can only keep the, "Iron Maiden sold out with Powerslave," crowd down for so long.

Nah, they sold out on Number Of The Beast. The radio played Run To The Hills and the album went platinum. How dare any metal band become successful and actually make some money.

I was actually going to put something along the lines of "They played 2 Minutes to Midnight on MTV for Christ's sake!" in my post. :LOL:

• Like 1

I was actually going to put something along the lines of "They played 2 Minutes to Midnight on MTV for Christ's sake!" in my post. :LOL:

poser. they sold out when they hired an actual producer for killers

I do seriously know people who think maiden turned into pussies for adding synths. obviously alexander the great sounds like any flock of seagulls tune

I never understood that. At least with Rush it's a valid criticism since the synths took over their whole sound. Maiden did it more for atmosphere and song flavoring. At no point did the guitars or bass take a backseat to it. Those instruments still drove every song.

• Like 1

73. Madonna - Like a Virgin

Let's see if we can get all the way up to 10 with actual "pop" albums on this list.

Good idea. Emphasize the pop, de emphasize the great.

I laughed at this

I’d agree if we’re talking about that American Life album and that awful title track where she raps. That album did to her what couch jumping did for Tom Cruise.