The Official 2018-19 College Basketball Thread

laughedatbytime

Phinisee with a 25 footer off botched offense at the buzzer and the Hoosiers win their half of the Crossroads Classic, 71-68. I think Butler's lack of depth ended up killing them as they tired badly, but they're a well coached, tough team that could get to the Sweet 16.

How much do you think Duke would beat South Dakota State by? Nevada, at home crushed the Jacks...

...by four.

:LOL:

Margin of victory is overrated.

• Like 1

How much do you think Duke would beat South Dakota State by? Nevada, at home crushed the Jacks...

...by four.

Yep.

Undefeated is undefeated.

...by four.

Yep.

Baloney. Ask UCF about that.

I asked.

They won 90-65 on Sunday, and are 9-2.

...by four.

Yep.

I asked.

So his post was a (Tacko) fail?

...by four.

Yep.

I asked.

I know this is a basketball thread, but I suspect you know I was referring to the UCF football team, doofus.

• Like 1

...by four.

Yep.

I asked.

I know this is a basketball thread, but I suspect you know I was referring to the UCF football team, doofus.

;)

Apples and cantalopes.

• Like 1

...by four.

Yep.

I asked.

;)

Apples and cantalopes.

Yesterday, someone on FB tried to argue that the coaches poll was the only one that mattered because writers don't know anything about basketball. When I pointed out that coaches actually have their ballots filled out by a low level staffer because he doesn't have a good sense to know who's 20th vs 26th (or whatever) seeing as he's actually working to make his team better, on the road recruiting, etc., not to mention that he has ulterior motives for his rankings, and provided documentation that this is common with an example from football, he said I didn't know anything because football isn't basketball and that I must be a fan of my team's rival. :LOL:

• Like 2

...by four.

Yep.

I asked.

;)

Apples and cantalopes.

Yesterday, someone on FB tried to argue that the coaches poll was the only one that mattered because writers don't know anything about basketball. When I pointed out that coaches actually have their ballots filled out by a low level staffer because he doesn't have a good sense to know who's 20th vs 26th (or whatever) seeing as he's actually working to make his team better, on the road recruiting, etc., not to mention that he has ulterior motives for his rankings, and provided documentation that this is common with an example from football, he said I didn't know anything because football isn't basketball and that I must be a fan of my team's rival. :LOL:

Well, college basketball's ranking system is cosmetic only, since the sport has an actual playoff system where actual upsets can actually happen. Football seems more like theater to me.
  • Like 1

...by four.

Yep.

I asked.

;)

Apples and cantalopes.

Well, college basketball's ranking system is cosmetic only, since the sport has an actual playoff systems where actual upsets can actually happen. Football seems more like theater to me.

Just another reason that college basketball coaches would spend time poring over rankings rather than prepare their team for the next game...:)

...by four.

Yep.

I asked.

;)

Apples and cantalopes.

Well, college basketball's ranking system is cosmetic only, since the sport has an actual playoff systems where actual upsets can actually happen. Football seems more like theater to me.

Just another reason that college basketball coaches would spend time poring over rankings rather than prepare their team for the next game...:)

Rush sighting in the Wisconsin - Grambling State game. Grambling has a player named Xavier Peart and the announcers pronounced it peert. He's also wearing #21...wonder if after halftime he'll change to #12.

He doesn't appear to be any relation to Neil though.

Looks like Nevada is going down. 71-48 with 6 to go.

Not a good showing at all, as the offense fails to show up yet again, with the well of late-game magic run dry.