Geddy Lee's Book Signing Event

Jag2112

Who said it was the holy grail? We just want to say hello to the guy.

All I wanted to do was thank him (again.) He seemed genuinely appreciative when I did. I might even do it again if circumstances permit.

Right on! He may do NYC—ya nevah know... My only regret is that I didn’t have enough time to share that the guitar tech who showed Geddy and Alex all of Steve Howe’s guitars during RRHOF rehearsals and let them fondle them is a dear friend and former bandmate of mine. Lucky bastard worked with Yes, Adrian Belew, Eddie Jobson/UK reunion, Greg Lake (!!!!!!!!), and has gotten to know fairly well just about every prog rock hero we worshipped together in high school. He even chilled with Alan Holdsworth back in the day and got to fiddle with his synthaxe.

He's sounds pretty lucky. Great story!

There wasn't a lot of time and the staff/ cops were really cracking down on photos inside the perimeter and they didn't let you hang even to get a photo.

Glad you're feeling better. I'm planning on sitting down with the book sometime over the weekend. I only just read the credits page.

I was mostly fine waiting in line except a few times when the wind really picked up. I spent about an hour and change trying to find a spot where there weren't any signs about getting towed. The two and three hour meter limits weren't going to be enough.

Better is relative. I still have fluctuating temps and generally feel cruddy—just not as bad as yesterday before taking 660mg of naproxen. Already called out sick for tomorrow. I parked behind starbucks a block away—no meter and I didn’t get a ticket or anything.

• Like 2

Who said it was the holy grail? We just want to say hello to the guy.

All I wanted to do was thank him (again.) He seemed genuinely appreciative when I did. I might even do it again if circumstances permit.

Right on! He may do NYC—ya nevah know... My only regret is that I didn’t have enough time to share that the guitar tech who showed Geddy and Alex all of Steve Howe’s guitars during RRHOF rehearsals and let them fondle them is a dear friend and former bandmate of mine. Lucky bastard worked with Yes, Adrian Belew, Eddie Jobson/UK reunion, Greg Lake (!!!!!!!!), and has gotten .to know fairly well just about every prog rock hero we worshipped together in high school. He even chilled with Alan Holdsworth back in the day and got to fiddle with his synthaxe.

Whoa, cool.

I will probably do New York if he does it, I want to get the book for a good friend of mine as a surprise

I've seen a lot of the pictures and recounts of peeps' experiences from NJ and it really looks like he was enjoying himself, which is awesome.
  • Like 1