R.I.P., Stan Lee

blueschica

I think my first introduction to Stan Lee was with the Great Comic Box grab. :) Our township used to have a yearly big trash pickup, and as kids, we used to walk around the neighborhood and check it out. When I was 11, my sister and I walked past a house and there was a box FULL of comics on the curb! Happy dance! It was a box filled with Superman, Batman, Spiderman, Fantastic Four, MAD magazine; all the classics, over a hundred. (Rudy J's mom made him throw them out!) It gave us many happy hours over the next few summers.

We eventually decided we liked all the Marvel comics better than the DC ones, and someone (can't remember who) someone told us all about Stan Lee and his genius. His name always brings back those great memories. RIP, Stan. :(

• Like 4

This is a sad loss, Marvel Comics have influenced and enriched my life, when I was a kid in the 70's with the comics, right through to today with the comics and the films.

RIP Stan Lee, truly one of the great ones!

:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

Edited by treeduck
  • Like 4

Earlier today, with no knowledge of this, I was playing YouTube vids of the Marvel cartoons of the '60s, basically for the cheesy theme songs played at the start and end. BitD I was hard into The Mighty Thor and The Submariner, with a little Hulk on the side.

RIP, Stan.

• Like 4

Earlier today, with no knowledge of this, I was playing YouTube vids of the Marvel cartoons of the '60s, basically for the cheesy theme songs played at the start and end. BitD I was hard into The Mighty Thor and The Submariner, with a little Hulk on the side.

RIP, Stan.

You and Geddy and Alex, with Submariner! That was their nickname for Neil when he first joined Rush, due to his hairline.

• Like 2

RIP, Stan.

I worshiped those shows as a child. Now, I can't watch 'em. They're so badly put together, and I can't think that young anymore.....LOL

• Like 1

RIP, Stan.

I worshiped those shows as a child. Now, I can't watch 'em. They're so badly put together, and I can't think that young anymore.....LOL

Those 1960s shows were taken directly from the comics panel for panel with very little animation. So, they actually were the truest adaptation from comic to screen (small or big).

Here’s an interesting thing:

[1960s Marvel animation + 1990s animated Nick Fury = audio from 2012 Avengers movie]

• Like 2

RIP, Stan.

Those 1960s shows were taken directly from the comics panel for panel with very little animation. So, they actually were the truest adaptation from comic to screen (small or big).

Here’s an interesting thing:

[1960s Marvel animation + 1990s animated Nick Fury = audio from 2012 Avengers movie]

omg that was cringeworthy, especially the '60s sound effects words.

She-Hulk was my first boner. Thank you Mr. Lee

Weirdo. :P

That IS weird....Phoenix was mine. :P

Mine was either Batgirl or Marcia Brady. :LOL: