Wendy and Rich. 7 Hours of passion and fury

Tick

It all began on a day very much like today. The earth existed and we were alive and breathing the air it provided.

I made a proposal to be considered. Would Wendy want to be my first girlfriend? The answer was resounding, yes!

Thus began the most unforgettable hours of either of our lives.

Hour 1: We gaze into each others eyes. We may have been 12 but we understood the magnitude of the moment.

Hour 2: We may a plan to meet for lunch in the lunchroom. A place where everyone would know our secret.

Hour 3: Mrs. Formenko has a sneezing fit in English class, but I don't hear a thing. My mind is elsewhere.

Hour 4: We meet in the lunch room and dine on square pizza as we prepare to to take the next step in our whirlwind romance. I extend my hand, she accepts it. Our sweaty palms linked in a magical moment we would never forget. Well, actually I did but Wendy remind me Saturday night. But I digress, on with the story.

Hour 5: I want desperately to send her flowers but I'm 12, have no money, and its still the middle of a school day.

Hour 6: I gaze at Miss Esposito thinking, does this day end any shot I may have had with her? I quickly dismiss the thought thinking only of Wendy!

Hour 7: The final bell sounds, the school day has ended. I see Wendy in the hall and she comes to me with something to say...

"Oh Rich, Rich, oh Rich! I want this to work I really do. Alas you will be focused on your true passions, bacon, Columbus, other stuff. I know I will always feel second. Its not your fault. I need to end this relationship before someones heart gets broken. Although you may not think so now, tiss all for the best. Farewell sweet prince! In another galaxy this may have worked. But remember always this 7 hours and the times we had!"

The End.

• Like 2

I wrote this for a goof after I spent Saturday night with a bunch of people I went to grammar school with 40 years ago! Wendy pointed out I was her first boyfriend. She dumped me after only 7 hours. I felt a story so I embellished to fill in every moment I don't remember which was all of it! Miss Esposito was the hottest woman on the planet. She made every 7th and 8th grade boy aware of there sexuality. While no one understood what this all meant, I felt the need to share!

After school special....

Hmmm....

• Like 1