1 Album > 4 Albums

tks95747

I welcome all comments, even the abrasive and derisive (as most will likely be)...

In My Humble Opinion... A more focused effort in the recording of the last 4 albums (T4E, VT, S&A, CA) could easily have saved the band a few years and many hours of studio time by simply discarding the chaff and keeping the songs that should actually be on a Rush album.... One (1) Rush album... To wit:

From T4E: 1. Virtuality

From VT: 2. One Little Victory

3. Secret Touch

From S&A: 4. Far Cry

5. Workin' Them Angels

6. The Main Monkey Business

7. Hope

8. We Hold On

From CA: 9. Caravan

10. BU2B

11. Clockwork Angels

12. Headlong Flight

13. The Garden

That's my story and I'm stickin' to it~ :rush:

• Like 1

How about 1 album out of 6? Call it PowerFirePrestoBonesPartsTest

From PoW: Manhattan Project, The Big Money

From HYF: Force Ten, Time Stand Still, Prime Mover, Turn the Page

From RTB: Dreamline, Roll the Bones

From T4E: Driven

About as long as Permanent Waves, and maybe close to half as good, but as close to chicken salad as you can make from the raw material.

• Like 4

About as long as Permanent Waves, and maybe close to half as good, but as close to chicken salad as you can make from the raw material.

I'll go with you on that; not my favorite era.

• Like 2

I like the way you think...
  • Like 1

Fail, you didn’t even pick the best song off T4E. The whole premise is ridiculous. Where do I get my 27 seconds back?

And which song would that be?

I like the way you think...

Oy that guy!

Fail, you didn’t even pick the best song off T4E. The whole premise is ridiculous. Where do I get my 27 seconds back?

And which song would that be?

Driven followed closely by Dog Years...seriously.

• Like 2

And, btw, it's not a premise....it's an opinion.... A premise is part and parcel to an argument, which my post is not. As it says upfront "In my humble opinion...".... Apparently, your opinion is not as humble as mine...
  • Like 1

When Rush fans have too much time on our hands we come up with these pointless hypotheticals haha. My hypothetical is that Neil's family doesn't die and we get things better than VT and S&A

I like your hypothetical better than my opinion. It certainly seems to me, at least, that the tragedies Neil was made to suffer had a consequential impact on the band's ability to write better music. (The "better" part is also my opinion)... :rush:
  • Like 1

I welcome all comments, even the abrasive and derisive (as most will likely be)...

In My Humble Opinion... A more focused effort in the recording of the last 4 albums (T4E, VT, S&A, CA) could easily have saved the band a few years and many hours of studio time by simply discarding the chaff and keeping the songs that should actually be on a Rush album.... One (1) Rush album... To wit:

From T4E: 1. Virtuality

From VT: 2. One Little Victory

3. Secret Touch

From S&A: 4. Far Cry

5. Workin' Them Angels

6. The Main Monkey Business

7. Hope

8. We Hold On

From CA: 9. Caravan

10. BU2B

11. Clockwork Angels

12. Headlong Flight

13. The Garden

That's my story and I'm stickin' to it~ :rush:

This would be mine from those albums:

1. Test For Echo

2. Time and Motion

3. Ceiling Unlimited

4. Vapor Trail

5. Secret Touch

6. Earthshine

7. Far Cry

8. Armor and Sword

9. The Main Monkey Business

10. Caravan

11. Clockwork Angels

12. Seven Cities of Gold

13. The Anarchist

• Like 3

From TFE: Driven, Test for Echo, Resist

From VT: One Little Victory, Earthshine...I guess

From S & A: Far Cry, Armor and Sword, The Larger Bowl, Spindrift

From CA: Caravan,The Anarchist, The Garden

• Like 2

Of the four albums in the OP, you could make a double CD out of them. Or, for the most part you could just release VT and CA together, maybe adding Driven, Far Cry, and MalNar, and if necessary to make room, dropping Freeze, Out of the Cradle, Peaceable Kingdom, and BU2B2.
  • Like 2

Of the four albums in the OP, you could make a double CD out of them...

I would prefer a double double album! ;) :smoke:

• Like 3

And, btw, it's not a premise....it's an opinion.... A premise is part and parcel to an argument, which my post is not. As it says upfront "In my humble opinion...".... Apparently, your opinion is not as humble as mine...

Well, I am the Blue Ribbon Panel that determines if one is a TrueRushFan™. I like your moxie kid, stick around a while.

• Like 3

Well, I am the Blue Ribbon Panel that determines if one is a TrueRushFan™. I like your moxie kid, stick around a while.

Thank you, sir. Based on your criteria regarding one's claim of TRF'dom, I do believe that I am qualified to appropriate that moniker... :rush:

Combine T4E through CA to make one album that’s somehow better than any of them individually? A challenge, but sure, plausible. Suggest that Rush somehow had the ability to record only your favorite songs from those four records and put them all on one album despite the first and last records being a decade and a half apart? Preposterous.

Also how do you pick Virtuality from T4E when Driven and Time And Motion exist?

• Like 1

Combine T4E through CA to make one album that’s somehow better than any of them individually? A challenge, but sure, plausible. Suggest that Rush somehow had the ability to record only your favorite songs from those four records and put them all on one album despite the first and last records being a decade and a half apart? Preposterous.

Also how do you pick Virtuality from T4E when Driven and Time And Motion exist?

Haha I do relate to you here.

But then again you rate Roll The Bones very low and hate on it, yet defended Hot Space or whatever that Queen album is called hahaha

• Like 2

I'd be more interested in seeing the first 4 albums turned into one album. Most of my favorite Rush songs are omitted by combining the last 4 Rush albums, but I can do without a lot of the goofy, adolescent phase of Rush.

Side 1:

Beneath, Between, Behind

Lakeside Park

Side 2:

Bastille Day

Anthem

Fly by Night

A Passage to Bangkok

Bastille Day

Working Man

51 minutes and that's basically all I don't skip from the first 4 albums. I even arranged it into 1 vinyl album appropriate to the period it was released in!

But on... Test for Echo, Vapor Trails, Snakes and Arrows, Clockwork Angels?

Geez.

Driven - 5

Half the World - 8

Time and Motion - 13

Totem - 18

Resist - 23

Limbo - 28

One Little Victory - 33

Ghost Rider - 39

Peaceable Kingdom - 45

How It Is - 49

Vapor Trail - 54

Secret Touch - 61

Earthshine - 66

Freeze - 73

Far Cry - 79

Armor and Sword - 85

Working’ Them Angels - 90

The Main Monkey Business - 96

The Way the Wind Blows - 102

Malignant Narcissism - 104

Caravan - 110

BU2B - 115

Clockwork Angels - 123

Headlong Flight - 130

The Garden - 137

And that's omitting a bunch of songs I really like.

No, sorry, can't be done. The last 4 albums are a big part of why I'm still a massive Rush fan. Otherwise Rush is on the level of Styx for me - a good look into 70's and 80's classic rock, and nostalgic, but not particularly significant to my life story in the way Rush is.

• Like 1

You chose the 2 worst songs from PoW.

No. The two worst songs from PoW are Middletown Dreams, and Emotion Detector. Absolute dreck. :boo hiss:

• Like 2

No. The two worst songs from PoW are Middletown Dreams, and Emotion Detector. Absolute dreck. :boo hiss:

Agreed on the two worst songs from PoW being Middletown Dreams and Emotion Detector... Although, (and imho) they are better than many of the songs from T4E, VT, S&A and CA...