Most treasured item in your Rush collection?

MalformedEarthborn

I'm not asking for the rarest or most valuable, just which means most to you and why.

The first few beat up records I got certainly have a lot of sentimental value,

and shirts I've gotten at shows are always cool, but my Presto cassette is held closest to my heart.

I spent a long time in the hospital as a teen and my walkman and Presto cassette was all I had.

What about you guys? Dog Years 12" dance remix single? Neil's severed rat tail? Geddy's fake nose?

• Like 5

Let's see, I have the t-shirt that Alex threw at me on the time machine tour. Oh wait I gave that away. Then there is the t-shirt that Neil shot at me from his Cannon on the Clockwork Angels Tour. Oh wait, I gave that away. And there is my Hold Your Fire tour book autographed when I met Geddy in 97. Oh wait, I included that when I sold my Geddy jazz bass on eBay because the price went over $800. Then there are the autographed 8 by 10 photos that Tony geranios got for me on the snakes & arrows tour. Damn it I gave those away too. Edited by edhunter
  • Like 4

A pair of sticks from Neil that his bodyguard/assistant gave to me after the intermission of The Time Machine Tour when I was front row.

A signed (personalized) copy of Ghost Rider.

A signed picture of Alex, Geddy & myself from a meet and greet.

• Like 7

LOL! Neil's severed rat tail!!! I love it! Wish I had that thing. Powerful magick that thing would be.

I'm a little older but I can totally dig on emotional and magickal connections to Rush albums like you have with Presto.

Man, I'd have to think about this. Besides memories from chaotic, magickal and insane concerts. I would have to say off the top of my head:

- The expulsion ticket/form that me and my brother-from-another-mother Izzy and I got during the Snakes and Arrows tour for urinating in public, ha! But hey folks we were in the bushes and they were just being dicks and made an example of us. It was the last couple of songs so we just partied in the parking lot and waited for every one to show up!

The funny thing is when they were writing us the citation they were like, 'This doesn't mean you can't come back to another show', lol! IE come back and spend some more money on 10 dollar beers and 40 dollar shirts just try to use the bathroom next time, ha!!!

There's more, heavier stuff but that just literally popped into my head.

Edited by skullchrist
  • Like 3

The two things that I mailed away to the tour in 2015, that came back with all three autographs. One is my beat up old AFTK vinyl album cover, that I mailed to Buffalo and wasn't sure it would ever come back. (It was delivered back to my porch, with a tire track on the back of the box! :LOL: ) I have a photo of it somewhere, I'll try to find it.

The other was a small drumhead that I mailed to Seattle, which was supposedly the last place they were going to autograph things. My 13 yr old nephew had just started drumming and getting into rock music, and I put a note in that it was a gift for him. (It was. I think it's in his closet, though! :LOL:) Even though I had sent something earlier on the tour, someone (supposedly Liam) was nice enough to be sure that it got signed and shipped to Denver.

rfr7mhtl.jpg

Looking back, though, I think the TRF/Rush memories are even more valuable than than the items. I think EagleMoon put up the directions about how to mail stuff away for autographs, and Lorraine :heart: :heart: and I and a lot of people mailed stuff out and got it back all through that summer. It was such fun to read the posts and watch the Periscope shows with everyone at night; that was a wonderful summer. :heart: :heart:

Edited by blueschica
  • Like 7

My original pressings of Archives, AFTK, and ATWAS.

Back when I loved :rush: so much finding these brought me great joy. I still have all my merch, aka my other :rush: vinyls (Remastered versions of CA, Signals, GUP, and Perm Waves), my poster (of 70's :rush:), my cds (Box sets 1 and 2, Icon 2 disc set, Presto, TFE, and Retrospective 1), and one of my tee shirts (A design of the band from around 2112).

Edited by Permanent-Rush
  • Like 5

ME. Because without me to listen to them what good would the albums be??

Indeed, Treeduck and all of my TRF brothers and sisters are one of the most precious, and unexpected gifts. I have dear friends that I never would have met if not for Rush...valuable friendships!
  • Like 5

ME. Because without me to listen to them what good would the albums be??

Indeed, Treeduck and all of my TRF brothers and sisters are one of the most precious, and unexpected gifts. I have dear friends that I never would have met if not for Rush...valuable friendships!

:notworthy:

:cheers:

• Like 2

I've got to dig them out, but of the actual, physical items, it would be the ticket stubs from May 9th 1980 @ The Palladium and Sept 25th 1980 at The Spectrum ..

Of course, the memories of those two nights top any ticket stub .. That May '80 show changed my life, and the opening chords to 2112 still ring through my body - I've got a pic somewhere of my friends in the car on the way there - we were all of 12 or 13 years old, and my friend Stu was so excited that he bit thru his lip during the car ride - he had blood all over the collar of his shirt ..

Going to the show at The Spectrum, my friend Rex was obsessively eating orange Tic Tacs -- the entire 2 hour car ride ... He missed all of opener Saxon because of explosive diarrhea

• Like 4

I've got to dig them out, but of the actual, physical items, it would be the ticket stubs from May 9th 1980 @ The Palladium and Sept 25th 1980 at The Spectrum ..

Of course, the memories of those two nights top any ticket stub .. That May '80 show changed my life, and the opening chords to 2112 still ring through my body - I've got a pic somewhere of my friends in the car on the way there - we were all of 12 or 13 years old, and my friend Stu was so excited that he bit thru his lip during the car ride - he had blood all over the collar of his shirt ..

Going to the show at The Spectrum, my friend Rex was obsessively eating orange Tic Tacs -- the entire 2 hour car ride ... He missed all of opener Saxon because of explosive diarrhea

I love concert stories! :heart: :heart: Poor Rex!

• Like 2

You know, you just don't hear enough stories that end with explosive diarrhea. . .

• Like 5

I do have the entire catalogue in album cover-sized prints, even the ones that weren't released in vinyl. I went to kinko's and made them. They're currently boxed up because my daughter stole the room in the house that was going to be the mancave. I also have a p/g era photo of Geddy with a Steinberger that I cut from a magazine in '85. It was taped to the fridge in every place I lived for 30 years till it was just too tattered. Then I found the same issue for sale a few years ago in mint condition. I had it laminated this time.
  • Like 3

My scratched,dog eared,posterless copy of Hemisperes that I bought in 1979,my first Rush album.It shares a shelf with Deep Purples Made in Japan that I bought with my first paper round money when I was about 12 in 1973/4.Changed my life.
  • Like 4