Moving Pictures Vinyl Edition Question

skullchrist

Hey guys,

Been a few years. I'm an avid vinyl collector and I'm at the point in my collecting where now I'm trying to collect original albums with promo/hype stickers. I've looked and looked and looked and have yet to find a Moving Pictures with a hype sticker. Do they exist? Is it possible they didn't come with one? That would be very strange since every single Rush album from that period came with one.

I have faith that some one on here will know the answer!

Cheers,

Return of the Prodigal Rush Son

• Like 2

Hey guys,

Been a few years. I'm an avid vinyl collector and I'm at the point in my collecting where now I'm trying to collect original albums with promo/hype stickers. I've looked and looked and looked and have yet to find a Moving Pictures with a hype sticker. Do they exist? Is it possible they didn't come with one? That would be very strange since every single Rush album from that period came with one.

I have faith that some one on here will know the answer!

Cheers,

Return of the Prodigal Rush Son

I have all of the original Rush promo vinyl through Presto (US) EXCEPT for Permanent Waves, Moving Pictures. and Exit..Stage Left. Well, No Moon promos either, but I've got the Mercury white label of the first album.

I've never seen evidence of those.but they must have been pressed. Who knows whatever happened to them.

• Like 1

I have all of the original Rush promo vinyl through Presto (US) EXCEPT for Permanent Waves, Moving Pictures. and Exit..Stage Left. Well, No Moon promos either, but I've got the Mercury white label of the first album.

I've never seen evidence of those.but they must have been pressed. Who knows whatever happened to them.

Looking more for the 'hype' sticker (hate that name) that says something like 'Latest Rush album that features the songs blah, blah, blah'.

• Like 1

Looking more for the 'hype' sticker (hate that name) that says something like 'Latest Rush album that features the songs blah, blah, blah'.

Don't recall seeing those either. Don't specifically collect those, but I've seen them on A Farewell To Kings through Permanent Waves and then from Signals through Presto. Never saw one of those for Moving Pictures. If there was one it would probably be the obvious Tom Sawyer/Limelight sing those were the only two singles.

• Like 1

Don't recall seeing those either. Don't specifically collect those, but I've seen them on A Farewell To Kings through Permanent Waves and then from Signals through Presto. Never saw one of those for Moving Pictures. If there was one it would probably be the obvious Tom Sawyer/Limelight sing those were the only two singles.

Probably, but I have never ever seen one which is very bizarre to me since literally every other Rush album has one. It's just a real head scratcher.

BTW, I'm trying to get that COS promo off you for 25. Is that okay? What'd you say the shape was again?

• Like 2