Any other superfans of Rick and Morty?

ShowMeDontTell

It is dark and cynical but it has heart. I'm floored by its brilliance.

I've two boys. Nickelodeon was a staple as they were growing up. When we moved back to the States, the three of us discovered Avatar: The Last Airbender which, in our opinions, was the best thing to ever hit TV. Rick and Morty is completely different but the level of characterization and depth in the writing are the same. Some people dismiss animation. They shouldn't.

I've watched all seasons of both shows countless times and I always discover something new.

Maybe I'm also a little dark and cynical. Rick and Morty resonates.

It's awesome Rick & Morty is signed on for 70 new episodes, but I can't believe they will keep up the quality with that kind of demand from Cartoon Network. They will have to get even more outside writers and undoubtedly there will be some subpar episodes, even whole seasons. I didn't catch on to the show until halfway through Season 3 so the wait hasn't been as big of a deal for me. Kind of like the Game Of Thrones novels--I didn't start reading them until four years ago (and I refuse to watch the show until maybe the novels are complete). I couldn't imagine being one of the fans who started reading the series 22 years ago--Hell, I've already given up on the idea Martin will finish the 7th novel. I digress! Rick and Morty is even better than the first two seasons of Venture Bros! Probably better than Family Guy! Up The Mortys!