Rush Reference on Family Guy Tonight...

Jag2112

The line about the completely empty ladies room is correct. Don't get the whole black jeans joke though. Was that a thing with Rush fans or just the usual random Family Guy goofiness?

They clearly haven't been to a Rush concert recently. Most guys are wearing jean shorts with white socks and dark sneakers or lace-ups with the requisite Rush t-shirt covering their beer belly. But it was pretty funny anyway.

• Like 2

The line about the completely empty ladies room is correct. Don't get the whole black jeans joke though. Was that a thing with Rush fans or just the usual random Family Guy goofiness?

They clearly haven't been to a Rush concert recently. Most guys are wearing jean shorts with white socks and dark sneakers or lace-ups with the requisite Rush t-shirt covering their beer belly. But it was pretty funny anyway.

that's no bullshit on the jean shorts. once I started going to shows regularly I realized I only saw jean shorts at rush concerts

• Like 2

that's no bullshit on the jean shorts. once I started going to shows regularly I realized I only saw jean shorts at rush concerts

Rush mainly toured during the summer from 2002 forward. So the jean shorts make sense. I never noticed because unless it's a good looking girl I don't pay much attention to what people are wearing at concerts.

Rush mainly toured during the summer from 2002 forward. So the jean shorts make sense. I never noticed because unless it's a good looking girl I don't pay much attention to what people are wearing at concerts.

no one's making fun of you for wearing jean shorts. I go to a handful of outdoor shed tours every summer and rush are the jean short kings, trust me

• Like 1

2002? I think “jorts” went out of fashion around 92 or 93.

Did they? What other kind of shorts would you wear if you were going out to a show in the summer? Jean shorts are the norm during the warmer months.

Edited by J2112YYZ

Did they? What other kind of shorts would you wear if you were going out to a show in the summer? Jean shorts are the norm during the warmer months.

But they don't really keep you cooler as you might think in most cases. If you're in the seating area, there is no airflow to assist with evaporative cooling but if you're on the lawn, they may be slightly cooler, after the sun sets.

I just have cargo shorts. I'm hip

But they don't really keep you cooler as you might think in most cases. If you're in the seating area, there is no airflow to assist with evaporative cooling but if you're on the lawn, they may be slightly cooler, after the sun sets.

Oh ok. I don't put that much thought into what I'm wearing lol.

Oh ok. I don't put that much thought into what I'm wearing lol.

I'm sure your mom doesn't appreciate that. :P

Lace up your gray New Balances and tuck those concert tees into your jorts, boys. It's Rush time.

Laces? Whatever happened to velcro?

• Like 1

Shorts made of cotton cloth?

I assume you don’t mean cooler in the slang sense.

Generally don't like these gratuitous references but I have to admit this was one of the better ones I've seen in a while.

Considering what Family Guy is doing nowadays, definitely

I'll never forget the shock my wife experienced at her first Rush concert when we took a bathroom break at intermission and she looked at the huge line to get into the Men's room and no line to the Women's. Sausagefest indeed. :)

Generally don't like these gratuitous references but I have to admit this was one of the better ones I've seen in a while.

Considering what Family Guy is doing nowadays, definitely

What are they doing now? It seems like the usual Family Guy material to me. It's just not as funny as it used to be but what show with the same characters can be after 20 years on the air?