New Dream Theater album sample, tour dates 2019

Rod in Toronto

SWEEEEET. Going to the St Petersburg show and taking my soon to be 14 year old son. He has never sen them live (he is a huge DT fan) and Scenes From A memory pt2 is his favorite album (as well as mine!).

Got tickets in the Loge section so he can see over every ones heads. LOL. It will be an epic show!!!

Edited by Todem
  • Like 2

I wonder how much they will play from Scenes From A Memory.

Too many concerts for me next March. A drive to Dallas may have to happen.

THE WHOLE f***ing THING!!! Make this a 2 set "evening with" show.

Great convo on this thread

Bathory I wish i were younger as I think a bunch of the music you talk about would be right up my alley as a younger man. I still listen to the occasional Megadeth or Metallica and Im a big fan of Mastadon (as is my 8 year old). I can still get down with some Fates and am looking forward to the new DTbut they arent as much a favorite as a band that I do remotely follow. Im more a prog guy who still listens to Maiden on the regular so I can appreciate what they (DT). do as an older metal fan.

I like the album cover a lot. Classy, even elegant, but with a really intriguing juxtaposition and an in exact idea Of Symmetry. It looks like the robot is reciting Hamlet!

Sample sounds good, nothing mindblowing, but solid DT riffage. Also like the title, which could be simplified as either Speed or Velocity.

You know I love you my young friend but this album cover is pure cheese. Not class at all.

It's so cliche and sooooooooooooooooooo stupid. Is this the new Disneyland Soundtrack for the new Star Wars Park opening up next year??? LOL!!!!

At least the clip sounds more like progressive rock unlike that last album of stinky poop.

I'm still a whore too and I will buy the album.

Is that album cover showing a homage of a Stormtrooper holding the skull of Uncle Owen? LOL

I like the album cover a lot. Classy, even elegant, but with a really intriguing juxtaposition and an in exact idea Of Symmetry. It looks like the robot is reciting Hamlet!

Sample sounds good, nothing mindblowing, but solid DT riffage. Also like the title, which could be simplified as either Speed or Velocity.

You know I love you my young friend but this album cover is pure cheese. Not class at all.

It's so cliche and sooooooooooooooooooo stupid. Is this the new Disneyland Soundtrack for the new Star Wars Park opening up next year??? LOL!!!!

At least the clip sounds more like progressive rock unlike that last album of stinky poop.

Is that album cover showing a homage of a Stormtrooper holding the skull of Uncle Owen? LOL

rip em to shreds

I hope for a very good album Earl, I can't see this being The Astonishing 2

Also that album cover is pretty bad. It is so clean and lacks any real sense of imagination or nuance. It reminds me of cheap science fiction ebooks that keep getting promoted on social media

Also that album cover is pretty bad. It is so clean and lacks any real sense of imagination or nuance. It reminds me of cheap science fiction ebooks that keep getting promoted on social media

Eye of the beholder I guess. I find imagination and nuance in its simplicity. Hugh Syme has been pretty much hit or miss for me since he went digital, but I think this one is a hit.

Not on social media so I have no idea what goes on there .

• Like 1

Eye of the beholder I guess. I find imagination and nuance in its simplicity. Hugh Syme has been pretty much hit or miss for me since he went digital, but I think this one is a hit.

I mean that's fine but this sort of image is neither original nor clever, and looks like your average sci-fi nonsense. It could be any book cover, or an industrial metal album cover...there is nothing at all special about this.

But because it's Hugh Syme everyone will give it more credit than it actually deserves.

I saw this album cover and honestly it surprised me it's an official cover for such a high profile band.

is the cover just ANOTHER excuse to shit on DT? i mean my god guys, lol

Mick

No coz I say the same about most Rush album covers too lmao

I prefer the new DT to Hems

Mick

That's what I'm thinking. Why so much debate over the cover? There are plenty of great albums that have bad covers. At least it's not some lazy, uninspired photo of the band.

• Like 2

Mick

That's what I'm thinking. Why so much debate over the cover? There are plenty of great albums that have bad covers. At least it's not some lazy, uninspired photo of the band.

i mean i know this shouldn't bother me......but it's getting there, lol

there a fav band.....and to hear.....oh it's a new DT album it's gonna suck.......and what da fukk is this cover........and did you know TA sucked and mike Portnoy and bla bla bla.

it's an old rotine by now. and all you the guys here doing it can shove it.

Mick

• Like 1

IN MY DEFENCE I TRIED TO MAKE THE THREAD MORE POSITIVE AFTER EARL POSTED
  • Like 1

Mick

that'd be worse. they look like dorks

IN MY DEFENCE I TRIED TO MAKE THE THREAD MORE POSITIVE AFTER EARL POSTED

whatever loser, lol

i'm just moody today, lol

Mick

I read that in a Regina George voice haha

"Get in loser, we're going shopping!"

• Like 1

I like piling on the band. they're just easy to make fun of

I like the band but I don't find it easy to be super positive or hyped, just interested in every new album release

I like piling on the band. they're just easy to make fun of

I like the band but I don't find it easy to be super positive or hyped, just interested in every new album release

yeah they're fairly inconsistent

Bathory I wish i were younger as I think a bunch of the music you talk about would be right up my alley as a younger man. I still listen to the occasional Megadeth or Metallica and Im a big fan of Mastadon (as is my 8 year old). I can still get down with some Fates and am looking forward to the new DTbut they arent as much a favorite as a band that I do remotely follow. Im more a prog guy who still listens to Maiden on the regular so I can appreciate what they (DT). do as an older metal fan.

it's possible you'd dig sacred blade, they're closer to maiden/early fates/early ryche than some of the other more thrashy bands I've mentioned

voivod's run of nothingface, angel rat, and the outer limits is worth looking into - good production, heavy but not too abrasive, melodic

• Like 1

it's possible you'd dig sacred blade, they're closer to maiden/early fates/early ryche than some of the other more thrashy bands I've mentioned

voivod's run of nothingface, angel rat, and the outer limits is worth looking into - good production, heavy but not too abrasive, melodic

I liked them, right up my alley at the time. I should reinvestigate.

• Like 1

I mean that's fine but this sort of image is neither original nor clever, and looks like your average sci-fi nonsense. It could be any book cover, or an industrial metal album cover...there is nothing at all special about this.

But because it's Hugh Syme everyone will give it more credit than it actually deserves.

I saw this album cover and honestly it surprised me it's an official cover for such a high profile band.

We agree to disagree.

• Like 1