Where do you Buy your Music? Good selection of bands?

OldRUSHfan

They have to have a Excellent selection, past and present, good delivery, etc. I'm currently with Amazon because they've never failed to have what I wanted...I do belong to ROCK CANDY records also and buy a bunch from them because they re do the albums, remix, etc. and the goodies that they produce for the albums....But who do YOU buy from?

zYW8fGq.jpg

FYE store? HMV? Ebay and Wow I've heard of... Ok. I'm on all of those places now....know where they are, have 'em bookmarked...thanks, Folks!

JGJEdLh.jpg

Edited by OldRUSHfan

Amazon, HMV, ebay and Wow HD.

Long time ago I would hit HMV then they stopped int shipping or whatever, never went back...Amazon, Ebay - hardly find anything local these days.

HMV kind of shut down for a while, it's only recently, like the last 3 or 4 years that they've got their act together again.

• Like 2

What is this "buy" you speak of?

I like 'HARD COPIES' of the music I own... I even burn MP3s onto CD's myself to be able to transfer them to my Computers when I have a new one... and thanks for the warnings as well as the info TD! I couldn't Stream like Goose does...too much to go wrong. Then I wouldn't be able to access my music....

bbxNbLF.gif

• Like 1

I use Amazon and also have bought from Discogs.com in the past. Discogs is pretty much private people selling through the site but they have to be very specific about condition, etc. I've never had a problem there. They have a lot of vinyl if you ever get back into that; and it's interesting just to browse and see what is for sale! (It's the only place I can find some of my son's requested Kraftwerk stuff.)
  • Like 2

I use Amazon and also have bought from Discogs.com in the past. Discogs is pretty much private people selling through the site but they have to be very specific about condition, etc. I've never had a problem there. They have a lot of vinyl if you ever get back into that; and it's interesting just to browse and see what is for sale! (It's the only place I can find some of my son's requested Kraftwerk stuff.)

Does he have the live Minimum Maximum dvd? It's Killer!

• Like 1

started buying CDs again in 2016. vinyl got too expensive due to its trendiness, and I just missed the fun that comes with collecting anything. they're cheaper than records and I still get the liner notes, good sound, durability (lost way too many burnt discs).

I just go to mckays in chattanooga - it's a warehouse sized used junk store with comics, books, games, tapes, cds, records, posters, toys, etc

• Like 4

Mainly iTunes now. Most of my listening is done on my computer and iPod. Been that way for a long time now. I still get physical copies of albums from certain bands that I want to keep up my collection on. When I do that I'll just order it off the band's website.

There isn't much for music stores in my area anymore. There's an FYE or two located in some of the local malls and that's about it. Their selection sucks. It's usually whatever is new from the artist and a couple of their most popular albums. Nothing deep at all.

• Like 1

Since I don't buy CD's of "current" music, the local yokel retailers are shite. If I'm buying a CD, its from the CD Universe website, or the missus gets it from Amazon.

Mainly iTunes now. Most of my listening is done on my computer and iPod. Been that way for a long time now. I still get physical copies of albums from certain bands that I want to keep up my collection on. When I do that I'll just order it off the band's website.

There isn't much for music stores in my area anymore. There's an FYE or two located in some of the local malls and that's about it. Their selection sucks. It's usually whatever is new from the artist and a couple of their most popular albums. Nothing deep at all.

Yeah, sounds like the record stores I used to go to back in the seventies. I found out about Schoolkids records about '73 or '74 in Ann Arbor. They were the store to go to for LP's if you wanted to go DEEP into any group, and they had classical, although not to much of that, for that, you went a couple stores up to LIberty Records[ I think that was it's name] They were the store to go to for Classical stuff. But Schoolkids was the main record store well into the '80s I stopped buying vinyl in '89. By then Schoolkids was STILL the place to go, they'd changed to mostly CD's by then. I remember Tower Records was the place to go for CD's for the most part. They had a store in Ann Arbor also.

ttgP6E7.gif

Most of the CDs I buy now are from eBay

I am sort of obsessive when it comes to CDs and blu rays, and there are a few sellers on eBay that have come to rely on

Also, for some of the really hard to find things, I've bought a bunch on Discogs .. if it isn't there, it might not be anywhere

• Like 1

My local record store at home is probably the best record store I know. Just a little independent shop, but filled with great selections of all kinds of rock and pop. Only thing is they tend to favor the avant- grade / alternative side of things more than the progressive side, so they don’t often have more than the biggest prog bands. But great for buying used and new, every price is fair and the range of prices is excellent (and even the 1 dollar bin has occasional gems). They also sells CDs and merchandise, both for the store and for the artists. All around great place, great staff, great selection, great prices, and an adventure every time I go in not knowing what will be there today.
  • Like 2

My local record store at home is probably the best record store I know. Just a little independent shop, but filled with great selections of all kinds of rock and pop. Only thing is they tend to favor the avant- grade / alternative side of things more than the progressive side, so they don’t often have more than the biggest prog bands. But great for buying used and new, every price is fair and the range of prices is excellent (and even the 1 dollar bin has occasional gems). They also sells CDs and merchandise, both for the store and for the artists. All around great place, great staff, great selection, great prices, and an adventure every time I go in not knowing what will be there today.

You are lucky to have a place like that. I love local independent shops! Our town has a kick ass independent bookstore but no record store to speak of.

• Like 2

I have to do some looking around. I know there's some smaller indy record stores around the city but I'm not sure where. There use to be a small independent chain in the region called Record Theater where I used to go. They were in this area for as long as I could remember. Increasing online sales and streaming services along with the passing of the owner caused them to close last year.

I got ZERO record stores where i am. so it's Amazon and streaming for me. maybe some on the island but i really haven't looked enough.

but ones within driving distance. no.

i really have no problems going digital though. like.....none.

Mick

For what to buy... I listen to XM/Radio and if I hear a new band or an old band that I never of, I head over to youtube to listen more.

Once I'm sold on that band/album then I'll download their from itunes or stream from Amazon.

I also download a lot from nugs.net since I've recently got into jambands.

• Like 1