Several times now when I put an item in my basket, various random things I get this message:

Important messages for items in your Basket:

1 item in your Basket is exclusively for Prime members and has been Saved for Later.

This has happened about three times now. So they're saying you can't buy this unless you join our little club? It's seems dumb to me because I'll just get it somewhere else.

• Like 7

I've tried some of the Subscribe And Save stuff, but it's been 50/50 as far as them bailing and making it unavailable, or, jacking up the price without notification ...

And the free shipping for orders over $25 - shipping is indeed free, but their handling time becomes like 10 days before it even ships out .. And if you don't go thru the process of clicking "free shipping" on every step of the check out, they'll just slip the pricey shipping on you

• Like 2

I joined the PRIME section a while ago...never had any problems or added charges for almost 10 years....joining the club is free.... and I'm an OCD to the MAX person. I check EVERYTHING out to the Nth degree....they have the right to act in this manner. If you can get it elsewhere, fight Amazon in that way. Take the buisiness elsewhere. It's

What I'd do...

zYT9Yz9.gif

• Like 2

Several times now when I put an item in my basket, various random things I get this message:

Important messages for items in your Basket:

1 item in your Basket is exclusively for Prime members and has been Saved for Later.

This has happened about three times now. So they're saying you can't buy this unless you join our little club? It's seems dumb to me because I'll just get it somewhere else.

I got entangled with Amazon and its "Prime" deal. They make it a lot harder to get out than join. Did what ORF said and took my business elsewhere.

• Like 1

I've noticed this for a while. To be honest, the items I wanted are available in great condition for cheaper in the marketplace or else I can eBay them or check my local HMV.

Lost faith in Amazon years ago.

• Like 2

I actually don't buy enough there to notice. and IF there is an item for prime. i buy from the marketplace. problem solved.

But i will never go prime fukk that. not for the amount of shopping i actually do there.

Mick

• Like 1

I got so peeved with them tonight that I ended up cancelling Prime for the six months I had left and getting my money back. I ordered a cat toy on Monday and the Prime delivery was going to be on Friday. How is that Prime? (I ended up wanting to yell that at the woman on the phone I was complaining to, but since it is me I just ended up saying more nicely that the cat toy is the final straw and I've had enough. :LOL:) And I have had it for 9 years. I usually will put up with a delay of a day or two but this was for my cat! :LOL: :LOL: Edited by blueschica
  • Like 4

We mooch off of other people's Prime accounts.

I'll be damned if I'm going to pay that ridiculous fee just to get "free" shipping and TV I won't watch and music I won't listen to 98% of. The other day Wal-Mart fired a shot across Bezos' bow and is offering free 2 day shipping without having to "sign up" or similar verbiage. Amazon responded with a similar deal starting today for "holiday shopping" and Target jumped on the same band wagon.

Since I live in WA, I have to pay sales tax on Amazon orders so unless something is notably lower priced than I can find elsewhere, it would still be more with the supposedly free shipping.

• Like 1

I got so peeved with them tonight that I ended up cancelling Prime for the six months I had left and getting my money back. I ordered a cat toy on Monday and the Prime delivery was going to be on Friday. How is that Prime? (I ended up wanting to yell that at the woman on the phone I was complaining to, but since it is me I just ended up saying more nicely that the cat toy is the final straw and I've had enough. :LOL:) And I have had it for 9 years. I usually will put up with a delay of a day or two but this was for my cat! :LOL: :LOL:

I had forgotten I had actually placed the order for my cat before I called and stopped Prime. And the cat stuff they told me couldn't possibly get here before Friday arrived at like 11:00 am this morning??!! So they can still do 2 days (like 36 hrs actually) when they want to . . . :banghead:

• Like 1