Suspiria 2018

goose

Goose, I have heard a lot of good things ... After the aborted fiasco of a few years ago, the project seemed doomed to never get off the ground ... But Luca Guadagnino seemed to have a lot of respect for the original, and apparently he did not try to simply remake the film ... Gone are the gaudy colors and sensory overload soundtrack - he purposefully gave the film a drab, colorless look ..

The original is a film a love, and I am really excited to see this remake ... After all the misfires of the past, I am glad they finally got it off the ground, and seemingly in good health

• Like 1

It looks to be a solid adaptation, although reviews are mixed. The positive comments are around the film's imagery, which is said to be stellar, while negative reviews complain about the film's length, which is an hour longer than the original. If nothing else, the film appears to be polarizing, especially among the critics. That's usually a good thing in my book.

The reviews...

https://www.fandango.com/suspiria-2018-212329/critic-reviews

• Like 1

It looks to be a solid adaptation, although reviews are mixed. The positive comments are around the film's imagery, which is said to be stellar, while negative reviews complain about the film's length, which is an hour longer than the original. If nothing else, the film appears to be polarizing, especially among the critics. That's usually a good thing in my book.

The reviews...

https://www.fandango.../critic-reviews

That's a good thing for me too .... I have no problem with 2 1/2 hr + movies ... I've seen more good films thinking "damn, I wish that had been longer" than I've ever thought "wow, that was too long"

When movie critics try to fill their negative reviews with pseudo-intellectual nonsense and attempts at clever thesaurus language , it's usually a sign of them trying to be more intelligent that the film itself - and those are the reviews in which I put the least value ..

If we're talkin' visually amazing but short on sense or plot, that's the original - and that's one of my all-time favorite horror films ..

Suspiria is a meditation on the dangers of pedagogy and the perils of placing your art above all else

???

Reviewer Dana Stevens goes on to call the original a "giallo", which it is absolutely not .. The 1977 Suspiria is a supernatural horror film, and not a giallo film -- this is a prime example of a critic trying too hard and not knowing the history or legacy ..

Anyone who ever wanted to take an annoying critic to task, this is the video to watch

Vincent Gallo makes it almost uncomfortable to watch, but they had it coming ( Vincent comes out at around the 12:45 mark )

.. just sitting here at home waiting for some furnace repair help to arrive

Gotta love movies that are getting ONE star or FIVE stars and seemingly nothing in between

WTF did I just see ? I will never get the 2 hrs and 34 mins or the $$ back that I wasted on this art house ****. And yes, I got the social theme and what was going on but it went on FAR too long and gruesome for my taste. I should’ve seen Halloween!

:LOL:

whoa nellie

I nothing else, the internet has opened up the opportunities for 10 year olds to play movie critic

Edited by Lucas