• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 PariahDog

PariahDog

Superconductor

• Members
  • 1265 posts

Posted 11 November 2018 - 10:59 AM

Next up is "Inner Peace," the third song from our 1993 demo.  

https://www.youtube....h?v=Akt617ecZ7Y

There's an obvious Lifeson quote in the solo, which I always loved to throw in whenever I had the chance. :cool:  It was actually around this time that I was rediscovering Rush's debut and Caress of Steel, because I had initially kind of passed them over.  But it was mostly Rush's debut (and Jimmy Page) that inspired me to pick up the  '88 Les Paul Custom that I used for the remainder of Phineas Gage.  I had always played a '78 Stratocaster before then.

Sponsored Post

#22 stoopid

stoopid

Superconductor

• Members
  • 1098 posts
  • Interests:Music, climbing, birds

Posted 12 November 2018 - 03:35 PM

View PostPariahDog, on 11 November 2018 - 10:59 AM, said:

Next up is "Inner Peace," the third song from our 1993 demo.  

https://www.youtube....h?v=Akt617ecZ7Y

There's an obvious Lifeson quote in the solo, which I always loved to throw in whenever I had the chance. :cool:  It was actually around this time that I was rediscovering Rush's debut and Caress of Steel, because I had initially kind of passed them over.  But it was mostly Rush's debut (and Jimmy Page) that inspired me to pick up the  '88 Les Paul Custom that I used for the remainder of Phineas Gage.  I had always played a '78 Stratocaster before then.

Some interesting ideas and moods/changes in the song.  It's perhaps a tad too poppy compared to the other material, but still wouldn't call it pop.  Maybe more mainstream (for the time).

#23 PariahDog

PariahDog

Superconductor

• Members
  • 1265 posts

Posted 14 November 2018 - 01:15 AM

^ Yeah, this one was more of a straightforward rock song.  We used to call it "Spin Doctors" for some reason, though it doesn't sound much like them. :eh:  (Some of the bass, maybe.)

The next one will be darker, heavier, and more prog sounding.  Kind of Marillion meets Soundgarden. lol :cool:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users