*HYPOTHETICAL* Neil Replacement

MalformedEarthborn

I'm not in total denial so I believe that Rush is over and we won't see Neil, Alex, and Geddy together again. I also believe that Ged and Alex wouldn't go onstage as Rush without Neil at this point.

However, I thought it would be fun to share who you think could work as a replacement for Neil in a hypothetical situation.

I read that someone in an interview asked Dave Grohl which is about the worst thing I can imagine.

My favourite drummer (yes, more than Neil) is Dale Crover from the Melvins. I don't think his style would work at all with most Rush songs but I would love to see them try hahaha.

Oh great, this conversation again.

The op just got here 5 days ago.

To answer, Matt Cameron was my first thought when the topic first surfaced a while back. He’s still my first pick.

I know they're new. I just figured I would give a wise ass comment to help them get used to the place.

Edited by J2112YYZ
  • Like 2

I'm not in total denial so I believe that Rush is over and we won't see Neil, Alex, and Geddy together again. I also believe that Ged and Alex wouldn't go onstage as Rush without Neil at this point.

However, I thought it would be fun to share who you think could work as a replacement for Neil in a hypothetical situation.

I read that someone in an interview asked Dave Grohl which is about the worst thing I can imagine.

My favourite drummer (yes, more than Neil) is Dale Crover from the Melvins. I don't think his style would work at all with most Rush songs but I would love to see them try hahaha.

wow, that makes 2 of us on this website who like melvins

I think you'll see after some time here that squeaky clean sterility is all most people here want in music, unfortunately

I think you'll see after some time here that squeaky clean sterility is all most people here want in music, unfortunately

Or precision instrument playing, depending on your perspective. As for the OP, I'd say John Bonham (it's all hypothetical, right?).

To answer, Matt Cameron was my first thought when the topic first surfaced a while back. He’s still my first pick.

I know they're new. I just figured I would give a wise ass comment to help them get used to the place.

Hahaha I had an account on here years ago but forgot my username and email. I know what you're all like :P

Hahaha I had an account on here years ago but forgot my username and email. I know what you're all like :P

Z you’re back??

Abe. He has the chops and he'd bring a sense of groove to Rush that they never had with Neil.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQnxGppzGtM

And he could help with the vocals! :P

Great drummer. Interesting set-up with the bass and hi-hat on the left. Cool!

Holy tuning-key, Batman! The snare's tone sure dropped by the end. The perils of new skins.

trixon-speedfire_lzy3wn.jpg

Geddy and Al have restraining orders against Mike Portnoy. He's been stalking them to get a mere whiff of a comeback tour.

Sorry Mike, I don't think 2 hour drum solos would work out...and stop ringing their doorbells every hour.

Edited by HemiBeers

I tried out on the 2112 train in front of Alex. 30 seconds was all I got. Rod knows. ;)

It was a tough choice between you and Kenny.

The A.G.E. Experience

(Alex Geddy Earl)

HAHAHAHA!

EPIC POST BUDDY!

The A.G.E. Experience!

I wish I could get my MAC to put up my pic of me in the middle of Geddy and Alex at the winery. I literally would fit in. Same Neil hairline too. LOL!

• Like 1

I also like squeaky clean dishes.

Yep.

I agree.

JB got me into YYNOT a few weeks ago.

I thought it was a hack job band at first and just such a poser copy cat band with a chick singer.

But then after like three listens I totally got it.

LOVE IT!

I almost mentioned YYNOT to Geddy but I decided to talk about baseball instead.

I made the right choice.