A 2 B? Swedish Beatles? The Fab Four? YEP! ABBA VS THE BEATLES!

RUSHHEAD666

ABBA TO BEATLES....."Knowing Me Knowing You" Know Your "Taxman" Too  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Which Fab Four Do You Adore The Most? I want to know what's the name of the game? I have a Rubber Soul.

i tried playing some ABBA today. and i wasn't kidding. it's not like i hate them. they just literally give me the Willies. like......i get chills. it's what i imagine Hell....as a place sounds like.

I'm sorry for sounding like a dick......but they creep me out.

Mick

From the handful of songs I know they just strike me as too happy. Like naturally happy people aren't even that damn happy lol.

yea they sound like androids, lol even though they really aren't they sound like the definition of manufactured assembly line pop.

just.....shiver.

Mick

There's a place for people like that. I like ABBA, and particularly the "I Do, I Do, I Do, I Do, I Do" song...something in that saxophone part reminded me of my early years at one of my relatives, houses...Sax equalled SEXY!Even when played in CHRISTMAS MUSIC!

luxHzTo.png

• Like 1

i tried playing some ABBA today. and i wasn't kidding. it's not like i hate them. they just literally give me the Willies. like......i get chills. it's what i imagine Hell....as a place sounds like.

Mick

From the handful of songs I know they just strike me as too happy. Like naturally happy people aren't even that damn happy lol.

yea they sound like androids, lol even though they really aren't they sound like the definition of manufactured assembly line pop.

just.....shiver.

Mick

Its kinda like trying to eat a whole can of cake frosting. Sneaking a spoonful is pretty good, but a load of it is sickening.

Do I need to reiterate how tired I am of about %85 of the Beatles music? I really like the Prefab Four better.

• Like 1

I grew up during Both of those groups tenure. The Prefab Four don't come CLOSE to my love for The Beatles. they're VERY close time wise, but I appreciate the BEATLES more music wise. The Music scene that The Beatles grew up in is EONS away from the one The Monkees came from. Plus the fact that The Monkees were glued together by Schmucks who were after money over all...

ttgP6E7.gif

• Like 1

I think Benny and Bjorn are excellent dance-pop writers. Unfortunately that's not a style I'm into, so the very easy win f goes to the Beatles. They became more adventurous, leaving simple pop craft behind. Had they kept up with Hold Your Hand fare, I'd still vote Beatles, but at least it would be a fair fight.

I grew up during Both of those groups tenure. The Prefab Four don't come CLOSE to my love for The Beatles. they're VERY close time wise, but I appreciate the BEATLES more music wise. The Music scene that The Beatles grew up in is EONS away from the one The Monkees came from. Plus the fact that The Monkees were glued together by Schmucks who were after money over all...

ttgP6E7.gif

Yes, the Monkees did start out in 1966 as facsimilie pop band (first ever rock band?) By 1968, they were a cool, willfully weird band that their makers could no longer control. My Mom tells me she used to sit me down in from of their TV show when they went into syndicated reruns. Finding out about them when I was older was total deja vu for a reason. I read books about them. Even took a girl to see their reunion tour in '87.

• Like 2

ttgP6E7.gif

Yes, the Monkees did start out in 1966 as facsimilie pop band (first ever rock band?) By 1968, they were a cool, willfully weird band that their makers could no longer control. My Mom tells me she used to sit me down in from of their TV show when they went into syndicated reruns. Finding out about them when I was older was total deja vu for a reason. I read books about them. Even took a girl to see their reunion tour in '87.

The reunion must've been a trip to see! Mike Nesmith was the guy I used to love [still do!] as far as the musicality went. Loved his voice, the songs he wrote....etc.

usE0BEx.gif

• Like 2

ttgP6E7.gif

The reunion must've been a trip to see! Mike Nesmith was the guy I used to love [still do!] as far as the musicality went. Loved his voice, the songs he wrote....etc.

usE0BEx.gif

Nesmith is the man.

I just loved his look back in the day too. used to wear the hat.

i loved his appearance..

Great writer too.

Mick

• Like 2

ttgP6E7.gif

usE0BEx.gif

Nesmith is the man.

I just loved his look back in the day too. used to wear the hat.

i loved his appearance..

Great writer too.

Mick

The knit cap, yup!

jHPeTo5.jpg

KOIoDvg.jpg

Edited by OldRUSHfan
  • Like 2

ttgP6E7.gif

Saw 'em in '89. No Nez but still fun.

• Like 2

I prefer ABBA....so shoot me, I don't care.

Same here. I love The Beatles, but a lot of their music is to my ears quite bland. ABBA? Not so much.

• Like 1

Mick

Guys! I totally get it about ABBA! They did start out sweet, sappy and poppy. "Honey Honey." BUT! You could see the happiness in the band erode. Both couples got divorced and ABBA became dark lyrically despite still being a melodic hit making machine!

I guess I should have compared and contrasted ABBA with Fleetwood Mac. The Buckingham Nicks Era. Yet another band who went through two divorces and started writing dark too!!!

"LOVE STINKS!"

Signed,

J. Geils Band