Geddy: 'There Are Zero Plans To Tour Again'

zappafrank

Part of me wonders if Neil is OK. Granted, I thought he was retired back in 2015, but based on Alex's apparent comments at Grapes For Humanity ("zero chance") and then now Geddy's RS interview where he says, "We're friends, and we talk about life as friends. I can't really tell you more than that, I'm afraid. I would say there's no chance of seeing Rush on tour again as Alex, Geddy, Neil."

I second that....Now I seriously wonder if Neil's sick or not...

He's sick of playing drums for a living.

Part of me wonders if Neil is OK. Granted, I thought he was retired back in 2015, but based on Alex's apparent comments at Grapes For Humanity ("zero chance") and then now Geddy's RS interview where he says, "We're friends, and we talk about life as friends. I can't really tell you more than that, I'm afraid. I would say there's no chance of seeing Rush on tour again as Alex, Geddy, Neil."

I heard he has leukemia.

An oldie but a goody. That's so 1991.

(No idea how that quote was highlighted... Anyway...) "I can't tell you more than that, I'm afraid" can be taken in several ways. Geddy's all class, but for some reason that stuck out. Oh well.

I took it in one way. Neil is retired, and the band is done. Geddy is genuinely sorry that he can't tell us what we want to hear.

The band is DONE. There is nothing else to say.

Breaking news since 2015....

• Like 1

Put the WHOLE quote out there:

"I would say there's no chance of seeing Rush on tour again as Alex, Geddy, Neil. But would you see one of us or two of us or three of us? That's possible. …"

So what the heck does that last part mean? If you see "three of us," that by definition is Rush, no?

While it's certainly POSSIBLE the three of them (or two or one) go out and do a completely different thing it's not going to be called Rush. I wouldn't rule something like that out, but I wouldn't be dwelling on it either. But that's just me. Maybe we know more in a year, but maybe we don't.

My read is Neil's decision is final and Gedy would like to consider to continue as a working musician somehow. He just has to think whether a Lee/Lifeson Project is a viable thing or go it alone. I think a certain amount of Rush fans would be interested in a solo Lee touring but it would have to be scaled down considerably. Lee/Lifeson I imagine could play 2 500 seaters throughout NA.

Oh and treeduck..who is that angel in your sig?

It's Neil's new girlfriend and the REAL reason that RUSH won't tour again, Peart hasn't got any energy left after wrestling with her all night long...

F.UCK ME DEAD people!

Here’s how to interpret this:

Neil doesn’t interact with soul mates Ged/Al. Once his obligations to Rush were done, he was done. They don’t get together on weekends for giggly pillow fights and talk about cute girls. They don’t hang out. They don’t...well, nothing.

IF...IF...to repeat...IF there is to ever be new music of any sort (read: NEVER) then it will only be The Ged/Al Goodtime Jamboree Multitrack Chorale Experience.

/end

• Like 2

I heard he has leukemia.

I almost spit out my drink. :LOL:

#notfunnybutreallyfunny

Put the WHOLE quote out there:

"I would say there's no chance of seeing Rush on tour again as Alex, Geddy, Neil. But would you see one of us or two of us or three of us? That's possible. …"

So what the heck does that last part mean? If you see "three of us," that by definition is Rush, no?

Hmm you are right, but they probs just mean as friends, not in a preformance sense

Even if they do play together again, I wouldn't care in the slightest.

Besides they should just enjoy retirement, after all they are in there 60's or so now, not much time left.

I'd rather see them in good health then see them live anyways.

Edited by Permanent-Rush
  • Like 1

Besides they should just enjoy retirement, after all they are in there 60's or so now, not much time left.

Please stop being so mean.

Anyone with a set of ears noticed Alex flubbing lines more than usual on the R40 tour and Geddy's already weak voice getting worse.Not metioning Peart's elbow problems. Why 3 years later any fan would not only want them to play live again but expect them to not sound cringe-inducing is beyond me.

Guys, it's over. It's been over. Accept it.

• Like 2

Anyone with a set of ears noticed Alex flubbing lines more than usual on the R40 tour and Geddy's already weak voice getting worse.Not metioning Peart's elbow problems. Why 3 years later any fan would not only want them to play live again but expect them to not sound cringe-inducing is beyond me.

Several reactions to this:

1. You guys saying you wouldn't see them again are full of sh*t.

2. What else do we have to talk about at this point? There's yearly box sets, which inevitably disappoint. And those ridiculous Fantoons.

3. When Geddy says, "you might see the three of us again," how are people supposed to take that? It's a legitimate question.

My prediction is that Al and Ged will start some project in earnest next year. All the signals are there. Unless Neil has been more aggressive in his "I'm retired" communications that Ged indicates, I would think they'd see if he's interested in joining them, if only because it's the right thing to do. If he says yes, great. If he says no, I can think of at least 5 drummers who'd drop everything to work and/or tour with Ged/Al. And I believe that if the two of them toured as an "Evening of Rush Music", it would fill arenas and be very profitable.

My read is Neil's decision is final and Gedy would like to consider to continue as a working musician somehow. He just has to think whether a Lee/Lifeson Project is a viable thing or go it alone. I think a certain amount of Rush fans would be interested in a solo Lee touring but it would have to be scaled down considerably. Lee/Lifeson I imagine could play 2 500 seaters throughout NA.

It's Neil's new girlfriend and the REAL reason that RUSH won't tour again, Peart hasn't got any energy left after wrestling with her all night long...

Whoa, you got a new signature. Who is the skirt?

Whoa, you got a new signature. Who is the skirt?

Strangely it's you before you ate a Snickers...

I'm confused by the comment:

“I would say there’s no chance of seeing Rush on tour again as Alex, Geddy and Neil. But would you see one of us or two of us or three of us? That’s possible.”

My assumption is that if it was a one-time charity event that the three could do something together possibly in the future.

Pink Floyd did reunite for Live 8 in July 2005 and Led Zeppelin reunited with Jason Bonham for the Ahmet Ertegun Tribute Concert in December 2007.

However I also don't believe the three of them doing something together will happen either.

I'm on Team Let Them Retire Already, BUT

I also think that in this sentence: “I would say there’s no chance of seeing Rush on tour again as Alex, Geddy and Neil."

the keywords are on tour.

Which could mean they're open to doing more recording, just not touring. And if Geddy and Alex do decide to tour, they may get someone to fill in for Neil.

Which could mean they're open to doing more recording, just not touring. And if Geddy and Alex do decide to tour, they may get someone to fill in for Neil.

According to Alex' comments at Grapes Under Pressure last weekend there is a zero per cent chance that "Rush" will record new material.

Several reactions to this:

1. You guys saying you wouldn't see them again are full of sh*t.

2. What else do we have to talk about at this point? There's yearly box sets, which inevitably disappoint. And those ridiculous Fantoons.

3. When Geddy says, "you might see the three of us again," how are people supposed to take that? It's a legitimate question.

My prediction is that Al and Ged will start some project in earnest next year. All the signals are there. Unless Neil has been more aggressive in his "I'm retired" communications that Ged indicates, I would think they'd see if he's interested in joining them, if only because it's the right thing to do. If he says yes, great. If he says no, I can think of at least 5 drummers who'd drop everything to work and/or tour with Ged/Al. And I believe that if the two of them toured as an "Evening of Rush Music", it would fill arenas and be very profitable.

How are we full of shit though? The band doesn't have it in them to tour much anymore, and they called it quits.

We can talk about anything OTHER than this annoying topic.

He probably doesn't mean as a band, probably just as friends or special events or something. Rush called it quits, there done, it's over, Rush is done, stop this nonsense.