Geddy: 'There Are Zero Plans To Tour Again'

zappafrank

Part of me wonders if Neil is OK. Granted, I thought he was retired back in 2015, but based on Alex's apparent comments at Grapes For Humanity ("zero chance") and then now Geddy's RS interview where he says, "We're friends, and we talk about life as friends. I can't really tell you more than that, I'm afraid. I would say there's no chance of seeing Rush on tour again as Alex, Geddy, Neil." Edited by upstateNYfan
  • Like 1

No one-offs will happen. They just don't strike me as a band that would do that. If Rush is going to play then they're going to go out and play for everyone not just some random audience. Residencies would be rather pointless since 99 percent of the fan base wouldn't be able to see them.

It's over for them. I thought we had this discussion on here a couple of years ago. Rush is the greatest band ever but it's time to move on from the pipe dream of them playing live again unless Neil runs out of money. They had a great run and don't need to give us anything more at this point.

Edited by J2112YYZ
  • Like 2

Is it 2015?

Did we not already have this discussion?

Is repeating the same "we won't be coming back!" the new way to start a comeback?

• Like 3

Part of me wonders if Neil is OK. Granted, I thought he was retired back in 2015, but based on Alex's apparent comments at Grapes For Humanity ("zero chance") and then now Geddy's RS interview where he says, "We're friends, and we talk about life as friends. I can't really tell you more than that, I'm afraid. I would say there's no chance of seeing Rush on tour again as Alex, Geddy, Neil."

I second that....Now I seriously wonder if Neil's sick or not...

• Like 1

Part of me wonders if Neil is OK. Granted, I thought he was retired back in 2015, but based on Alex's apparent comments at Grapes For Humanity ("zero chance") and then now Geddy's RS interview where he says, "We're friends, and we talk about life as friends. I can't really tell you more than that, I'm afraid. I would say there's no chance of seeing Rush on tour again as Alex, Geddy, Neil."

I heard he has leukemia.

• Like 1

I second that....Now I seriously wonder if Neil's sick or not...

I really do hope they are all relatively healthy. Health and time is such a precious thing.

LOL - wasn't that a rumor 30 years or so ago? Wasn't trying to stir the pot, just commenting on what I thought was a deft but unusual comment: "life as friends... can't tell you more than that..." Of course that can be taken many ways. Edited by upstateNYfan

LOL - wasn't that a rumor 30 years or so ago? Wasn't trying to stir the pot, just commenting on what I thought was a deft but unusual comment: "life as friends... can't tell you more than that..." Of course that can be taken many ways.

Are you suggesting "Friends with benefits"?
  • Like 2

(No idea how that quote was highlighted... Anyway...) "I can't tell you more than that, I'm afraid" can be taken in several ways. Geddy's all class, but for some reason that stuck out. Oh well.

I took it in one way. Neil is retired, and the band is done. Geddy is genuinely sorry that he can't tell us what we want to hear.

The band is DONE. There is nothing else to say.

• Like 3

My read is Neil's decision is final and Gedy would like to consider to continue as a working musician somehow. He just has to think whether a Lee/Lifeson Project is a viable thing or go it alone. I think a certain amount of Rush fans would be interested in a solo Lee touring but it would have to be scaled down considerably. Lee/Lifeson I imagine could play 2 500 seaters throughout NA.

Oh and treeduck..who is that angel in your sig?

My read is Neil's decision is final and Gedy would like to consider to continue as a working musician somehow. He just has to think whether a Lee/Lifeson Project is a viable thing or go it alone. I think a certain amount of Rush fans would be interested in a solo Lee touring but it would have to be scaled down considerably. Lee/Lifeson I imagine could play 2 500 seaters throughout NA.

Let's just say, she ain't no angel!

Put the WHOLE quote out there:

"I would say there's no chance of seeing Rush on tour again as Alex, Geddy, Neil. But would you see one of us or two of us or three of us? That's possible. …"

So what the heck does that last part mean? If you see "three of us," that by definition is Rush, no?

• Like 1

Put the WHOLE quote out there:

"I would say there's no chance of seeing Rush on tour again as Alex, Geddy, Neil. But would you see one of us or two of us or three of us? That's possible. …"

So what the heck does that last part mean? If you see "three of us," that by definition is Rush, no?

Maybe he meant seeing Peart, Lifeson, and himself performing separately. This, of course, means not as Rush.

I can imagine Geddy on a solo tour and Lifeson performing one-offs as a guest musician for a few songs with various artists. I can stretch it big time and imagine Peart playing (again) on an album track or two with his buddy Matt Scannell’s band Vertical Horizon. Very briefly out of retirement for a single track recording for something not as involved as Rush...that doesn’t seem impossible with Peart.

• Like 2

Remember that feeling when you realized Santa Claus wasn’t real? Yeah that feeling.

Wait, what??

deadsanta.jpg

• Like 3

Hes not saying. I get the feeling she doesn’t really exist. A bit like the chance Rush will ever tour again.

Edited by Digital Dad