Bravado

ReRushed

That's a classic riff of Lifeson's on just 3 strings.

And yeah, the live solo - some echoes of La Villa there, starting off just a bit sparse, with a bit more space, and then building towards finger flailing.

• Like 1

Not sure I would say it's one of their greatest but I do love the song. Especially the live version with the extended jam at the end.

It's a great song. Lyrics. Music. Performance. If U2 recorded it it would be a perpetual classic.

• Like 2

Not sure I would say it's one of their greatest but I do love the song. Especially the live version with the extended jam at the end.

It's a great song. Lyrics. Music. Performance. If U2 recorded it it would be a perpetual classic.

It sounds nothing like U2 and nothing by them single wise has been continually revered since One came out so...

It sounds nothing like U2 and nothing by them single wise has been continually revered since One came out so...

Ok. I still think my point is a valid one. I hear a lot of U2 in it. In a good way.

If we burn our wings

Flying too close to the sun

If the moment of glory

Is over before it's begun

If the dream is won

Though everything is lost

We will pay the price

But we will not count the cost

When the dust has cleared

And victory denied

A summit too lofty

River a little too wide

If we keep our pride

Though paradise is lost

We will pay the price

And if the music stops

There's only the sound of the rain

All the hope and glory

All the sacrifice in vain

(And) If love remains

Though everything is lost

We will pay the price

• Like 1

Bravado is in my top five easily. It was and still is one of those songs that really motivates me to never dismiss any of the "lesser" Rush albums. I returned to Roll The Bones often just for this song and Dreamline. They both really mean a lot to me, and now I love the whole album!
  • Like 3

I'm one of the few (only?) that can't stand the jam at the end of the live version. It starts out with so much promise but ends up in the toilet, imo.
  • Like 1

I'm one of the few (only?) that can't stand the jam at the end of the live version. It starts out with so much promise but ends up in the toilet, imo.

Yeah, it kind of disappears up it's own arse after a while.....

• Like 1

Have to disagree. Not one of the worst on rtb, but not one of my favs either. Pretty average to my ears, decent lyrics I suppose.

Have to disagree. Not one of the worst on rtb, but not one of my favs either. Pretty average to my ears, decent lyrics I suppose.

It's better than any Pete Wentz lyric...

My 70 year old father quotes Bravado on his online dating profiles so I will never be able to like that song

That was him?! Late 50s, my ass!

• Like 3

My 70 year old father quotes Bravado on his online dating profiles so I will never be able to like that song

I will pay the price, but I won't count the cost...!! :codger:

they took the 'less is more' approach to the music so it doesn't get in the way of the lyrics, which are powerful. The album solo reminds me alot of The Edge.

Neil delivered a great message without getting preachy or overbearing.

• Like 1