Come On Analog Kids! Give Me "The Good News First!" At 3:01 You Know This Song is EPIC!

RUSHHEAD666

I remember writing my review on Snakes And Arrows on this Forum when the record came out.

I was fuckking blown away.

Listening to "S&A" now in 2018 and it still withstands the test of time.

The melodic part of "The Good News First" at 3 minutes 1 second is just beautiful to my fuckked up ears.

Love it.

I wish this song was played live.

I also am still in love with "We Hold On." Love how Neil ends that one. Wish that was played live too.

"Snakes And Arrows" is sill a kick ass record.

I put on "Vapor Trails" Remix last night.

Jesus......

I had to turn it off.

To me "Vapor Trails" is the "St. Anger" of Rush Records.

"We Hold On"

For what?

Edited by RUSHHEAD666
  • Like 3

We Hold On in a god-tier song, I guess with Vapor Trails you either love it or hate it, It's personally my 2nd favorite album and I've never heard anyone say "it's alright" the remixed version of vapor trails from 2012 can eat my poopie-hole though it took away all the emotion in the songs
  • Like 1

:geddy:

"...with stars that revolve around you-hoo-hoo-hoo-hooooo..."

"...full of promises to bring good new-hoo-hoo-hoo-hooooos..."

:eh:

Some won't say how much this song sucks ass, but I do.

Edited by goose

:geddy:

"...with stars that revolve around you-hoo-hoo-hoo-hooooo..."

"...full of promises to bring good new-hoo-hoo-hoo-hooooos..."

:eh:

Some won't say how much this song sucks ass, but I do.

Thank you lmao

• Like 1

Not my cup of brews.

Then again the album just doesn't do it for me

There are only two Rush albums I find unplayable. This and T4E. Both have great qualities but I get so BORED.

SA is much better. It's just very samey and...boring. Not terrible. Just boring.

But of I just want to appreciate the playing, I think the acoustic work is stunning and when the mood takes me I can really enjoy this album, mostly the first half.

I love The Larger Bowl.

• Like 1

See?!...what you call beautiful, I call atonal, tone deaf crap. Good News First, We Hold On, and Bravest face are just awful, no thanks. but that's ok, you go ahead and love it...I don't mind S & A other than those three. I find it preferable to CA at least (which also contains quite a lot of atonal and tone-deaf, along w/ a good share of the funeral dirge vocals). Edited by Alien Girl
  • Like 1

See?!...what you call beautiful, I call atonal, tone deaf crap. Good News First, We Hold On, and Bravest face are just awful, no thanks. but that's ok, you go ahead and love it...I don't mind S & A other than those three. I find it preferable to CA at least (which also contains quite a lot of atonal and tone-deaf, along w/ a good share of the funeral dirge vocals).

It's full title was actually Good News First...This Album Is Almost Over

:D

• Like 2

Not my cup of brews.

There are only two Rush albums I find unplayable. This and T4E. Both have great qualities but I get so BORED.

SA is much better. It's just very samey and...boring. Not terrible. Just boring.

But of I just want to appreciate the playing, I think the acoustic work is stunning and when the mood takes me I can really enjoy this album, mostly the first half.

I love The Larger Bowl.

I don't mind the mix compared to original VT and Clockwork but aside from only TWO songs on the entire album that even remotely contain traces of classic elements of the Rush we all know and love...Far Cry and Malignant Narcissism....the rest is a bland mush of boring midtempo forgettable negativity

Ok Neil, you don't like religion and people and the world can be mean. WE GET IT!!!

• Like 2

Not my cup of brews.

I love The Larger Bowl.

I dig the instrumentals and Working Them Angels. The Way The Wind Blows is solid until the chorus.

Not my cup of brews.

I love The Larger Bowl.

S.A. lack of offensiveness, offends me. :D

Said it before about this album, that they were grasping for something they couldn't quite reach. Or over reaching. I think The larger Bowel Bowl is an excellent song especially live, along with a few other great tracks. Overall S.A. is too plodding and preachy for me. I'd have T4E over it though.

• Like 1

I remember writing my review on Snakes And Arrows on this Forum when the record came out.

I was fuckking blown away.

Listening to "S&A" now in 2018 and it still withstands the test of time.

The melodic part of "The Good News First" at 3 minutes 1 second is just beautiful to my fuckked up ears.

Love it.

I wish this song was played live.

I also am still in love with "We Hold On." Love how Neil ends that one. Wish that was played live too.

"Snakes And Arrows" is sill a kick ass record.

I put on "Vapor Trails" Remix last night.

Jesus......

I had to turn it off.

"We Hold On"

For what?

Hey man, you tell Geddy hi for me?

Ya know, I used to love it a lot more, but now, give me the songs that ended up on S&A Live and throw the rest away.

Just like VT and CA, just goes on waaaaaay waaaaaaaaayyyyyyy...waaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy tooooooooooooo loooooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnng.

I've come to really love Vapor Trails, and I now really enjoy Clockwork Angels (which I loved...then disliked...now it's grown on me again). But no matter how hard I try, Snakes And Arrows remains to my ears a beautiful sounding bore.

I do enjoy the first half a lot, but it really is dull to my ears. Everything after Spindrift loses my interest, and I don't really care for any of the instrumentals either.

I don't mind Good News First. I like the chorus. We Hold On is easily a bottom tier Rush song though. There's just nothing to it. The only way they could end an album more flat is if Carve Away The Stone or Out Of The Cradle finished it.
  • Like 1

But does it include a lack of guitar solos and a shitty snare sound?