Modern Family exit

Fordgalaxy

Take a hike  

4 members have voted

1. 1. Who is going to not finish the season?

• Jay Pritchett (Ed O'Neill)
    • Gloria Pritchett (Sofia Vergara)
    • Phil Dunphy (Ty Burrell)
    • Claire Dunphy (Julie Bowen)
    • Mitchell Pritchett (Jesse Tyler Ferguson)
    • Cameron Tucker (Eric Stonestreet)
    • Haley Dunphy (Sarah Hyland)
    • Alex Dunphy (Ariel Winter)
    • Luke Dunphy (Nolan Gould)
    • Manny Delgado (Rico Rodriguez)
    • Lilly Tucker-Pritchett (Aubrey Anderson-Emmons)
    • Joe Pritchett (Jeremy Maguire)

I was Ty Burrell's pest control guy for a year in Utah. Had no idea who he was for the first 10 months or so.

My money is on Al Bundy. It's still a comedy, and anyone else would make it too awkward. He's old. It makes sense.

I thin Burrell is the funniest person on the show.

• Like 1

Jay becomes a priest, sexually abuses Manny which leads Manny down a path of phentanyl abuse which leads Manny to hustling blowjobs in vacant mall parking lots, catching THE Virus, questioning his identity (no big surprise), leading to his gender reassignment surgery and then dying during the recovery.
  • Like 3

I didn't know it was still on! I gave up on it years ago as I thought it ran out of steam & all the episodes were pretty samey after a while. It became a bit too preachy too. Never a good sign in a comedy.

Yeah, with rare exceptions like Cheers and Seinfeld I find most sitcoms, even the very good ones, start to run out of steam by the fifth or sixth season. They might still have funny spots but the initial appeal has dwindled.

Edited by J2112YYZ
  • Like 2

I'll be very surprised if the death isn't Jay. And yeah, the writing's fallen off a bit, but it's still got one of the best ensemble casts in sitcom history.

No doubt it's an excellent cast. But when the writing goes downhill even the best of them can have a hard time saving things.

• Like 1

I didn't know it was still on! I gave up on it years ago as I thought it ran out of steam & all the episodes were pretty samey after a while. It became a bit too preachy too. Never a good sign in a comedy.

Yeah, with rare exceptions like Cheers and Seinfeld I find most sitcoms, even the very good ones, start to run out of steam by the fifth or sixth season. They might still have funny spots but the initial appeal has dwindled.

Seinfeld most definitely ran out of steam. The latter seasons were awful.

• Like 1

They were? I didn't notice much difference. Still the same show about nothing all the way through.

All of them, along with the show. Sorry, my tolerance for tv comedy series has been in the toilet for years. Edited by pjbear05

I was Ty Burrell's pest control guy for a year in Utah. Had no idea who he was for the first 10 months or so.

My money is on Al Bundy. It's still a comedy, and anyone else would make it too awkward. He's old. It makes sense.

I thin Burrell is the funniest person on the show.

My favorites in order

Phil

Cameron

Gloria

Jay

Claire

Lily

Manny

Luke

Haley Alex

Awful? You're insane. They were still hilarious.

everything except the last episode was great. there was definitely a dropoff when larry david left though

everything except the last episode was great. there was definitely a dropoff when larry david left though

I quite enjoy the Finale. I know that I am in a distinct minority about that though.

I quite enjoy the Finale. I know that I am in a distinct minority about that though.

I liked it, just wouldn't have ended it that way myself