Lindsey Buckingham sues Fleetwood Mac.

Lindsey Buckingham is, 1: a great songwriter; 2: a great singer; 3: a great guitar player and 4: a jerk. He holds the band hostage by not wanting to tour, they move on without him with a better singer and a better guitar player and he pitches a hissy fit.

Lindsey Buckingham is, 1: a great songwriter; 2: a great singer; 3: a great guitar player and 4: a jerk. He holds the band hostage by not wanting to tour, they move on without him with a better singer and a better guitar player and he pitches a hissy fit.

now you'll proably never get a new mac album again. Lindsey wanted but Stevie was ALWAYS the hold out.

Mick

• Like 1

now you'll proably never get a new mac album again. Lindsey wanted but Stevie was ALWAYS the hold out.

Mick

Sadly, you're probably right.
  • Like 1

Mick

Well he gave her a rough ride recording Say You Will so I can't say I blame her for not being excited.

• Like 1

Mick

Well he gave her a rough ride recording Say You Will so I can't say I blame her for not being excited.

true.......but i know lindsey's a jerk. in fact the whole band is full of egos that are eating themselves but Have you not heard Stevie when left to herself??? or Lindsey???? (much as i love him)

they kind of need each other. It was Stupid of this baand rather than compromise to just fire him.

and it's dumb off Buckingham to just throw a bitch diva fit.

dude just go record your shit and the Mac rot in jukebox land if they so choose.

Stupid all around if you ask me.

but letting my bias show now.....i'll stick with lindsey, lol

Mick

• Like 1

That makes the band sound awful......but i don't doubt those egos, lol

But still i'd just said whatevs and just do my thing.

but i'm not lindsey so........more drama, lol. then again........it still WAS soooooo douche-y, lol

• Like 1

Not to paint this band even worse but this whole deal makes it look like they were just Waiting for ANY excuse to fire him.

now granted i've seen lindsey talk. no doubt he's amazingly awful to work with.

but this makes it look like the band were just waiting for any excuse to do this.

i bet ol stevies twirling in victory, lol

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000

I'm not a fan but isn't continuing on without Buckingham the equivalent of Metallica going on without Hetfield?

Considering he's not an original member, possibly no.

I'm not a fan but isn't continuing on without Buckingham the equivalent of Metallica going on without Hetfield?

i semi agree......but for the general public who go to mac shows.....he may as well be, lol

Mick

• Like 1

i semi agree......but for the general public who go to mac shows.....he may as well be, lol

Mick

It's ancient history, but John McVie wasn't even an original member. Bob Brunning was the original bassist. It was Peter Green, Mick Fleetwood, Jeremy Spencer and Brunning. McVie joined, Brunning left, then came Danny Kirwan, Christine Perfect (McVie), and so on.....

I'm sure that "purists" still hold that the "true" Fleetwood Mac ended decades ago. The Nicks-Buckingham band that became hugely popular is something completely different.

Mick

It's ancient history, but John McVie wasn't even an original member. Bob Brunning was the original bassist. It was Peter Green, Mick Fleetwood, Jeremy Spencer and Brunning. McVie joined, Brunning left, then came Danny Kirwan, Christine Perfect (McVie), and so on.....

I'm sure that "purists" still hold that the "true" Fleetwood Mac ended decades ago. The Nicks-Buckingham band that became hugely popular is something completely different.

My point exactly. Buckingham was a great addition to Fleetwood Mac, but is far from the being the ULTIMATE band member. I don't think there is.

A Fleetwood Mac show without Buckingham isn't a travesty for me. And album without him isn't a nightmare either. The two releases without him since he joined are better to me than the last two releases with him.

• Like 1

A Fleetwood Mac show without Buckingham isn't a travesty for me. And album without him isn't a nightmare either. The two releases without him since he joined are better to me than the last two releases with him.

Christine McVie sounds amazing from what I've heard of the new lineup and seems happy. Not to mention what a brilliant songwriter Neil Finn is. That along with Mike Campbell's stellar guitar work could make for a fine new Fleetwood Mac album.

But he is a member of what most people would think of as the "classic" lineup. So not quite Hetfield, but certainly more of an issue than, say, Kiss going out without Bruce Kulick.

• Like 1

Christine McVie sounds amazing from what I've heard of the new lineup and seems happy. Not to mention what a brilliant songwriter Neil Finn is. That along with Mike Campbell's stellar guitar work could make for a fine new Fleetwood Mac album.

Christine McVie's songs are, in fact, my favorite FM songs.

• Like 2

Mick

i'm not saying your wrong my point is you ask MOST everyday people what the mac's first album was they will most likely say the white 75 album.

or Rumours.

Mick

But he is a member of what most people would think of as the "classic" lineup. So not quite Hetfield, but certainly more of an issue than, say, Kiss going out without Bruce Kulick.

mt point exactly.

Mick

Same here.
  • Like 2

"Two kinds of trouble in this world

Living, dying

I lost my power in this world

And the rumors are flying..."

(Lindsey Buckingham "Go Insane")

as crazy as Lindsey can get. that album is like perfect Lindsey to me.

Same here.

I like her songwriting better than Nicks.

i know it seems like i'm Anti-nicks. no i like her.....it's just if you ask me wich member i personally would not miss.....it's her.

Mick