Is This Really The Greatest Forum On The Earth Ever? I Hate Social Media And Yet I Am Still Annoying Humans And Admins On Here? What's Wrong With Me

RUSHHEAD666

The Rush Forum Will Be Like Jurassic Park: "TIME STAND STILL!"  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Is The Rush Forum Still The Greatest Forum On The Planet Earth??? YYESS????z

• HECK YES! THE RUSH FORUM WILL WITHSTAND THE TEST OF TIME LIKE RUSH MUSCI!
    • HELL NO!!! The Rush Forum will fade away like record stores and the compact disc. Dinosaurs have a better ghost of a chance of being relevant
    • F You Annoying Rushhead! Stop Trying To Be Like Treeduck Who Was The Best But Gave Up!! RUSH IS OVER! LIKE YOU AND DUCK! TIME STAND ILL

I just realized that I've been on here for over 12 years.

73 never banned me. I am truly amazed.

Listening to "Working Man" right now. I'm blown away by so many RUSH Fans who don't like the debut album.

Kills me.

Anyway, I am just saying.

Many of you wanted my rushhead head on a platter. Many of you are my friends and I love you too.

I am on no social media except 73's Rush Forum.

It's totally crazy.

I feel so comfortable here.

Ok on that note.

Goodnight!

I am going for a "Headlong Flight" tomorrow Rush Family!

Love me, hate me, like me ignore me!

It's all good!

Wish you all good "Freewill" and happy vibes!!!

Life is short!

RUSH ON FOREVER!

My Name is Fuckking Earl

YYZ!!!!!!

YYZED!!!

Heading to Toronto!!!

A great amazing city!!!!!

Edited by RUSHHEAD666
  • Like 3

I get it. I've been a member of other sites, be it music, cars, or whatever. But I'm still here some 10 years later. Throw in my favorite band with people who are intelligent or complete characters, it's something kinda unique. I periodically leave, but I always come back at some point.
  • Like 2

Earl, this is it for me too .. I've got no other social media goings on

Unlike facebook - a place where people pretend to have friends, but all that matters is stepping all over everyone else with inane memes, lemming-like half assed political commentary and photos of your ugly kids --- TRF is kind of like high school - we're forced to be around a lot of people that we cannot stand and find solace in the fact that there are a few really good ones to hang around ..

• Like 1

TRF is kind of like high school - we're forced to be around a lot of people that we cannot stand and find solace in the fact that there are a few really good ones to hang around ..

I'll be in the smoking area if you need me, skipping off 'Canadian Studies.' :smoke:

In all seriousness, I'm very happy that I'm here. :yes: An excellent forum.

TRF rocks! :haz:

http://acronymsandslang.com/acronym_image/370/cf2548e09104e4a057f05cf723f12b62.jpg

• Like 1

This place is loaded with great people, And Tony's here too! :P

I've been lucky enough to meet quite a few in person and I'm never disappointed. :ebert:

• Like 1

TRF is kind of like high school - we're forced to be around a lot of people that we cannot stand and find solace in the fact that there are a few really good ones to hang around ..

I'll be in the smoking area if you need me, skipping off 'Canadian Studies.' :smoke:

http://acronymsandslang.com/acronym_image/370/cf2548e09104e4a057f05cf723f12b62.jpg

I swear on my own health and the honor of my parents that this is true:

Freshman year of high school, me and my friend Michael had zero interest in going to a pep rally .. btw, to this day, I have no idea what takes place at a pep rally ... Anyways, we cut out early - all last period classes were canceled for this event, and Michael and I left the school thru one of the rear doors and began the 5+ mile walk back to my house ...

So there we were, walking, laughing and making our way to my house, cars whizzing by - having more fun than we ever would have at a pep rally ...

Well, when we finally get to my house, the phone is ringing ... and ringing ... I didnlt get inside fast enough to answer, so I call my Mom at the family business and she said that every there is fine, and she didn;t call - I told her that Michael and I cut out early to avoid a pep rally, and Mom says "GOOD !! .. There should be some stuff in the fridge for you two if you get hungry"

So .. as we are sitting there at the kitchen table, a bit winded from the walk - wondering what we'll do next - the phone rings again ... Thinking it's my Mom calling back, I answer without concern -- but the voice on the other end was NOT my Mom -- it was Michael's Mom -- who had seen the two of us walking on the main road ..

She was pissed ... I put Michael on the phone and he was just about in tears - his Monster Mom was coming over, and taking him back home ...

An aside - Michael's Mom was very religious - very strict - I was a regular at his house so she knew me well, but she was not the warm and fuzzy type ...

Late that night, I get a call from Michael -- I shit you not, but when he got home w/ his Mom, she had taken his collection is KISS records and smashed them all over the kitchen floor ... He said he was in deep shit and that he was worried ...

The flowing Monday at school, no Michael .... I was not able to get in touch with him for a few days, but his Mom had transferred him to a private school and forbid him to remain friends with me ...

Neither one of us drank, smoked or did anything worse than listen to KISS and cut out of a pep rally ....

Praise The Lord

Edited by Lucas
  • Like 2

Relieved this forum still stands. Many forums I was a regular on like Rotten Tomatoes, comjngsoon.net and Joblo are no more. I especially miss RT and the friends I made there.

Good riddance to IMDB though. That alone is why Idiocracy is a prophetic movie. Idiots no matter what sub forum you’re on especially on Soapbox.

Freshman year of high school, me and my friend Michael had zero interest in going to a pep rally .. btw, to this day, I have no idea what takes place at a pep rally ... Anyways, we cut out early - all last period classes were canceled for this event, and Michael and I left the school thru one of the rear doors and began the 5+ mile walk back to my house ...

So there we were, walking, laughing and making our way to my house, cars whizzing by - having more fun than we ever would have at a pep rally ...

Well, when we finally get to my house, the phone is ringing ... and ringing ... I didnlt get inside fast enough to answer, so I call my Mom at the family business and she said that every there is fine, and she didn;t call - I told her that Michael and I cut out early to avoid a pep rally, and Mom says "GOOD !! .. There should be some stuff in the fridge for you two if you get hungry"

So .. as we are sitting there at the kitchen table, a bit winded from the walk - wondering what we'll do next - the phone rings again ... Thinking it's my Mom calling back, I answer without concern -- but the voice on the other end was NOT my Mom -- it was Michael's Mom -- who had seen the two of us walking on the main road ..

She was pissed ... I put Michael on the phone and he was just about in tears - his Monster Mom was coming over, and taking him back home ...

An aside - Michael's Mom was very religious - very strict - I was a regular at his house so she knew me well, but she was not the warm and fuzzy type ...

Late that night, I get a call from Michael -- I shit you not, but when he got home w/ his Mom, she had taken his collection is KISS records and smashed them all over the kitchen floor ... He said he was in deep shit and that he was worried ...

The flowing Monday at school, no Michael .... I was not able to get in touch with him for a few days, but his Mom had transferred him to a private school and forbid him to remain friends with me ...

Neither one of us drank, smoked or did anything worse than listen to KISS and cut out of a pep rally ....

Praise The Lord

Had to google pep rally to see what it was about...ffs, what a pathetic idea, i would have skived off as well if we had had them at our school.

And as for your friends mum.....cue twilight zone music....what a psycho.

Religion...bringing misery and pain to a location near you for the last five thousand years.

• Like 1

Praise The Lord

Very sad.

Odds on his Michael's mother regrets that, maybe not with that display. I'll wager Michael became resentful.Big lesson for him. Do not understand this take with religion -inhibiting and restricting peoples free choice.

Nature and people always find their own way, within or outside of religion.

• Like 2

Praise The Lord

It's a gosh darn good thing she did too.

That rock and roll music you kids listen to will warp your fragile brains and lead you all down a path of destruction!

• Like 2

I get it. I've been a member of other sites, be it music, cars, or whatever. But I'm still here some 10 years later. Throw in my favorite band with people who are intelligent or complete characters, it's something kinda unique. I periodically leave, but I always come back at some point.

Cars you say?

Praise The Lord

Had to google pep rally to see what it was about...ffs, what a pathetic idea, i would have skived off as well if we had had them at our school.

And as for your friends mum.....cue twilight zone music....what a psycho.

Religion...bringing misery and pain to a location near you for the last five thousand years.

That seems to me more about the woman being warped than it being religion itself. There’ve just been too many well-adjusted religious folks (who never would’ve done that) I’ve known to blow off religion as a whole.

This is it for me as well, Earl...I still have an account at Counterparts RUSH Message board, but I rarely visit, unless the visit gene rears it's head. but I joined in March 2005 here, and returned forever only in the month of November, 2015. This is my home now. FARCEbook is mostly for family and HS friends and wackourts I've met over the years and online...but as with most people, changes keep coming, and I TRY to keep up with 'em, but not too much. I LIKE CONVENIENCE [see Gentle Giant's song off the 'Civilian' album] and STUFF THAT WORKS LIKE THE COMPANY SAYS IT WILL CONSISTENTLY! This place is consistent! I LOVE IT!

zYW8fGq.jpg

Edited by OldRUSHfan
  • Like 1

Praise The Lord

That rock and roll music you kids listen to will warp your fragile brains and lead you all down a path of destruction!

I feel compelled to give the rest of the story

As friends go, I loved Micahel - he and I were as close as middle/high school aged kids could be ... I think he loved coming over because I was so close w/ my parents, and he sort of became the adopted brother ...

After he was put in private school, I saw him less and less, and before ya know it, I'm graduating, and just assuming he is too because by then, we hadn;t spoken in over a year ..

Years turned to decades, and with the wonders of the 'net, one night I decided that I would try to find him ..... Nothing ... no facebook, a google search of his name turned up nothing ...

A few years more go by, and again, nothing .. no facebook or anything .. and nothing on intelius ... so I looked up his parents ... I remembered the names and the house where he grew up -- this was a mere 6 months or so ago ...

A google search of Michael's father Herbert turned up an obituary -- his Dad died in 2015 ....

As I'm reading his obituary, I am struck as if by a bus --

Herbert was predeceased by his beloved wife Lucille in 2013 and his son, Michael, in 1994

So as I am sitting there with tears streaming down my face - remembering all the fun we had -- this kid was so full of life - I mean WTF could have happened ?? .. How does he die at age 27 or 28 ????

I later find from some mutual friends that Michael committed suicide in 1994

It's gut wrenching ... I just wish I had kept in touch more w/ him ....

That walk back to my house feels as if it happened yesterday

• Like 2

A lot of different themes and stories going on in this thread.

Very sorry to hear about Michael. My guess would be that his mother suffered from Borderline Personality Disorder.

When mom suffers from that, so does the rest of the family.

As to religion, my parents were very religious (as am I). When they worried about the music I was listening to I would pull out lyric sheets and show them. They quickly learned that Rush was intelligent and posed no threat to my spiritual well being. :) One of the things I always loved about this band.

As to forums, I was a very early member of the original therushforum.com ages ago, but drifted away. Seems like it even shut down a couple of times and then came back. Not sure if it's still run by the same people or not. I came back hoping to re-connect with Circumstantial Tree, but he doesn't seem to be very active on here these days. But I hope to become friends with you good folks. Spent a lot of time at by-tor.com but facebook has nearly killed that forum.

I'm a moderator over at kieselguitarsbbs.com/ and love that forum as well. But it's not for everyone... just for manic lovers of that guitar brand. :)

• Like 1

Praise The Lord

As friends go, I loved Micahel - he and I were as close as middle/high school aged kids could be ... I think he loved coming over because I was so close w/ my parents, and he sort of became the adopted brother ...

After he was put in private school, I saw him less and less, and before ya know it, I'm graduating, and just assuming he is too because by then, we hadn;t spoken in over a year ..

Years turned to decades, and with the wonders of the 'net, one night I decided that I would try to find him ..... Nothing ... no facebook, a google search of his name turned up nothing ...

A few years more go by, and again, nothing .. no facebook or anything .. and nothing on intelius ... so I looked up his parents ... I remembered the names and the house where he grew up -- this was a mere 6 months or so ago ...

A google search of Michael's father Herbert turned up an obituary -- his Dad died in 2015 ....

Herbert was predeceased by his beloved wife Lucille in 2013 and his son, Michael, in 1994

So as I am sitting there with tears streaming down my face - remembering all the fun we had -- this kid was so full of life - I mean WTF could have happened ?? .. How does he die at age 27 or 28 ????

I'm so sorry to hear about your Friend, Lucas. Religion Killed him or, his parents belief in the tenets of religion killed him. He saw no way out of it, even after his mother died. maybe his dad went EVEN MORE off the board as it were. This is one of the things that bothers me about people that put so much 'belief' into religious 'stories' why do people do this? :tempted:

BIqvCBz.gif

• Like 1

Praise The Lord

Tragic.Sorry to read that Lucas.

Really sounds as though there was a lot of heavy complicated stuff going on, with Michael's family - that was unknown to you and out of your control.

• Like 2

Praise The Lord

I am so sorry hun. :( :rose: :hug2:

• Like 1

Cars you say?

Yeah. I've been a member of a Ford Ranger site for a similar amount of time. I also like Curbside Classics quite a bit. I have been a member of a couple of other sites, but lost interest or they went away.

• Like 2

I think a lot of rigid, judgmental, critical people embrace religion because it gives them justification .. Homophobes, racists, etc will hide behind it and twist the teachings of religion so that it fits and gels with their hateful, sick beliefs ..

I have never felt committed to any one religion, but I'd like to think that the foundation of a spiritual life would be based on love, compassion and openness ..

One thing seems to true - the most hateful, controlling and judgmental people are the one who will never see any wrong in what they believe, or in the hate that they feel -- why should they, that's what they believe their religion is all about -- that's the mask

• Like 3