NOTHING STAYS THE SAME! Another best Van Halen album thread (cuz I can’t find the old one)

Entre_Perpetuo

Poll title  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Question 1

• Van Halen
    • Van Halen II
    • Women and Children First
    • Fair Warning
    • Diver Down
    • OU812
    • For Unlawful Carnal Knowledge
    • Balance
    • Van Halen III
    • A Different Kind Of Truth

I listened to Fair Warning today and it was totally wicked! I didn’t pick up on it before! Could be my fav, idk. Anyway, vote for the best! Or your favorite or whatever.
  • Like 3

Unlike some, I'm a big fan of the Hagar stuff. But my vote goes to the debut. How many bands had a debut this strong? They hit you with everything right out of the gate. When I look at the track listing, I always think to myself "this is a debut? Most bands need to get to their third, fourth or fifth release before they're this good".

Still mind blowing 40 years later.

• Like 2

Unlike some, I'm a big fan of the Hagar stuff. But my vote goes to the debut. How many bands had a debut this strong? They hit you with everything right out of the gate. When I look at the track listing, I always think to myself "this is a debut? Most bands need to get to their third, fourth or fifth release before they're this good".

I love the Hagar era albums. Not as much as the Roth era, but more than almost any other band’s output.

• Like 1

I love the Hagar era albums. Not as much as the Roth era, but more than almost any other band’s output.

:goodone:

I listen to VH mainly for Eddie's rhythm work around his inventive melodies. From the debut through Diver Down, there's a building complexity and sophisticatlion in his playing. Lately I've been binging on Diver Down, which could get my vote based on a combination of technical approach, melodic sensibility and diversity of material, but...

...Fair Warning simply kills from start to finish. So yeah, Fair Warning is the one.

• Like 1

Apparently there is going to be some Van Halen news coming soon. Mitch Lafon on twitter posted a picture of Alex, Ed and Wolf and everybody started commenting. He said in a reply "There is no VH band for 2019, but..." so maybe there will be news soon. And by the way, I like both Dave and Sammy :)

Here's the link to the post: https://twitter.com/...651623336464384

Edited by Leanne
  • Like 1

I listen to VH mainly for Eddie's rhythm work around his inventive melodies. From the debut through Diver Down, there's a building complexity and sophisticatlion in his playing. Lately I've been binging on Diver Down, which could get my vote based on a combination of technical approach, melodic sensibility and diversity of material, but...

...Fair Warning simply kills from start to finish. So yeah, Fair Warning is the one.

Diver Down is a joke of an album. It has 5 covers and 4 others around a minute to a minute and a half long. They should be ashamed of putting it out.

Little Guitars is my face VH song though.

Diver Down is a joke of an album. It has 5 covers and 4 others around a minute to a minute and a half long. They should be ashamed of putting it out.

Little Guitars is my face VH song though.

It was hastily assembled around Pretty Woman. But Little Guitars, The Full Bug (possibly my favorite VH tune) and Secrets are all pretty awesome songs for things they just banged out.

• Like 1