RRHOF 2019 nominees!!

Permanent-Rush

My votes:

Kraftwerk Insane that a band so phenomenally influential isn't in

MC5 Same as above, with completely different followers

The Cure Same again, and with yet another massive following list of bands again

Radiohead Not as influential, more singularly dynamic. They could wait and it would be fine

John Prine More influential than people seem to know with the folk rock and alt country sets

Honorable mention to Rage, but they didn't sustain their influence. But certainly did influence. They were great, but sadly a lot of their followers sucked.

• Like 1

I lost faith when they didn’t even nominate JP this year. Dumb institution. We all know the bands that deserve to be there more than others without having limited inductees every year. If they were honest they’d induct every worthy act their first year of eligibility.
  • Like 3

I lost faith when they didn’t even nominate JP this year. Dumb institution. We all know the bands that deserve to be there more than others without having limited inductees every year. If they were honest they’d induct every worthy act their first year of eligibility.

If it's so dumb then it's pointless being bothered about it.

None of my very favourite bands will ever make it in, so I don't care.

• Like 3

If it's so dumb then it's pointless being bothered about it.

None of my very favourite bands will ever make it in, so I don't care.

I’m bothered by their potential to not be dumb and the boatloads of attention they command. Dumb things can be very bothersome, and I will ignore them where I can (so likely I will ignore rrhof from now on unless they step up their game), but something being dumb does not always mean I can ignore it. And honestly, I’m not as bothered by the rock hall as I probably sound. I have so many better resources for music discovery, appreciation, discussion, etc. I just happened to realize yesterday quite how dumb the rock hall is, as if not inducting Yes at the very least the first year after Chris Squire passed away (which is already absurdly late) shouldn’t have proved it to me years ago. Now I’ve come to realize I really disagree with their methods and will no longer bother with them for this reason.

• Like 2

I was in a group once that created their own hall. Since its just the opinion of a specific group, why not our group. We voted for initial inductees, and then we did every year after. Or maybe it was Every 5 years starting like 1950. It was a good idea, because obviously the hall doesn't representour opinions.
  • Like 1

and what is the goddamn point of stevie nicks when fleetwood mac is in the hall?

It's for her solo work which is different than what she did with Fleetwood Mac.

Very surprised Def Leppard isn't in yet. Their hits from back in the day were so huge and are still very well known today. The amount of albums both Pyromania and Hysteria sold should have made them a lock years ago.

• Like 2

and what is the goddamn point of stevie nicks when fleetwood mac is in the hall?

It's for her solo work which is different than what she did with Fleetwood Mac.

Very surprised Def Leppard isn't in yet. Their hits from back in the day were so huge and are still very well known today. The amount of albums both Pyromania and Hysteria sold should have made them a lock years ago.

They’re the mirror image of Rush. Rush’s longevity ultimately helped them even though they had lean years. Def Leppard has been hurt by having a lot of lean years. If Def Leppard had packed it in when Steve Clark died, before Adrenalize, they’d be in.

• Like 1

Jesus why am I on this "Bored."

Of course not much love from some of you prog snobs for DEF LEPPARD!

COOL!

OF COURSE!!!!! DUH!!!!

My 81 year young dad called me up today and told me Def Leppard is on the ballot.

I just saw DEF LEPPARD in SF with my dad and they blew fuckking lame ass Vegas Journey AWAY!!!!!!

DEF LEPPARD WAS AMAZING and I've been seeing then since 1987!

So funny! I saw RAIDODEAD last year at The Greek. They were a snooze fest. PURE SHITE

No hope for rock and roll.

DEF BETTER GET IN!!

The Cure? YES!

FUKK RADIOHEAD.

Three first great records. Then shite.

Def Leppard?

On Through The Night

High N Dry

Pyromania

Hysteria

Adrenalize

Five in a row of EPICNESS! DUH!

When will RATT and DOKKEN get in? MOTLEY CRUE????

Who the fuckk does RADIOHEAD get in so soon? BULLSHIT

• Like 1