Opinion on future RUSH anniversary reissues

RushFanForever

In my opinion, RUSH should stop at Signals for future 40th Anniversary Super Deluxe sets. The 'Terry Brown' years are the most memorable for historical musical significance.

As the band continued to release music after Signals, which some fellow fans liked and other's not so much; there's really no need to continue doing this beyond 1982.

Louder Magazine has recently been posting 'the 20 best albums for each year' in the 80's decade.

Permanent Waves, Moving Pictures, and Signals all made the list.

The band's subsequent recordings didn't make the cut beyond those three above mentioned years.

I'll be surprised if Presto makes the list of ''the 20 best albums for 1989'.

Please don't throw virtual tomatoes in my direction. :)

Why would Presto be mentioned in a magazine called "Louder" at all?

im just sad they didnt have any proper ones for the debut album up to caress of steel
  • Like 1

Keep cranking them out as long as the market bares.

Power Windows is brilliant.

A proper treatment of the fabled "cassette demos" would be cool.

Edited by goose
  • Like 2

Essentially I agree, in fact I'd cut it after MP/ESL. But what I would like to see after that is a Soundboard series. Full live shows from all the tours. Whether it's a hard copy 2 and 3 disc sets or a download subscription and then the occasional vinyl set for special shows (say all 3 nights at Massey Hall 1976)
  • Like 1

I see the two camps here,that old cut off point where gazillions of keyboards came in ruined it,whereas others have embraced what came later.I would love to see it go up to Power Windows which for me doesnt have a dud track.The 'lost'demos if they were cleaned up would be interesting but i couldn't see it.As far as i am concerned box sets,anniversary,etc by any artist are generally musically unerwhelming.What a band put in the can on original release is what is best.I have three of the Zep box sets collecting dust and now my AFTK box after a quick look is now coming down with the same disease.

Keep cranking them out as long as the market bares.

Power Windows is brilliant.

A proper treatment of the fabled "cassette demos" would be cool.

I’d like to see the Rose Mary Woods remixes of PoW and HYF. ;)

:LOL:

An anniversary reissue and remaster of Presto (inserting some cojones to it) would be very good. :haz:
  • Like 2

An anniversary reissue and remaster of Presto (inserting some cojones to it) would be very good. :haz:

Audio Fidelity Gold Disc is as good as its likely going to get. (Although I haven't heard the 2016 Magee remaster yet.)

Audio Fidelity Gold Disc is as good as its likely going to get. (Although I haven't heard the 2016 Magee remaster yet.)

I confess that I haven't stayed up to date with any remastering jobs. I will be looking into this ASAP.

I really want to have a full, rich Presto in my catalogue.

I confess that I haven't stayed up to date with any remastering jobs. I will be looking into this ASAP.

Maybe Presto needs to be remixed, not just remastered?

• Like 1

Don't expect miracles. The improvement is only marginal and likely the best we'll ever get. But it does have slightly more punch.

I have an original vinyl pressing of Presto and granted, my playback system is NOT CHEAP but Presto sounds very good. The term I would use is 'high definition'. Very clear but very flat. I think the production was a bit of an experiment, suited for the times. There's bottom end there but not as round as some people would like. I appreciate it for what it is.

• Like 1

Not interested in the remade memorabilia and while I have a pretty good turntable from 1984, the only thing I would consider buying as a reissue would be a high resolution dvd or blu ray version of albums that were originally analog or high resolution versions of digital album's that were originally recorded at greater than CD resolution.

Maybe one day the anniversary reissue of Snakes will include a shredder to run the disc through along with a written apology from the band

:-)

That's quite a burn.

Personally, I'm more than happy to have the three instrumentals, Far Cry, and a couple of the other tunes from the album. I also like a lot of the artwork and quite enjoy the little making of documentary that came with the 5.1 mix.

• Like 1

Maybe one day the anniversary reissue of Snakes will include a shredder to run the disc through along with a written apology from the band

:-)

That's quite a burn.

Personally, I'm more than happy to have the three instrumentals, Far Cry, and a couple of the other tunes from the album. I also like a lot of the artwork and quite enjoy the little making of documentary that came with the 5.1 mix.

:goodone:

The documentary is excellent! And the interior artwork was stellar as well.

• Like 2

Perhaps some of you are suggesting they stop them after Signals because all they do is remind us how old we're all getting. Most of you geezers will be dead by the CA 40th! :P

All true

By then the boys may be dead and out on tour as holograms....