At This Moment In Time, Who Is The Last Greatest Guitar Player On The Planet Earth? Sadly My Guy Is 53! May You Educate Me Some Hope?

RUSHHEAD666

I found an incredible Guns N Roses Three Nights Live In Tokyo Cd Box set from 1992. It's incredible! With a cool booklet and cardboard box.

SLASH is 53 but in my mind he is the last great guitar hero on the Earth.

Please enlighten me and tell me a much younger guitar player who will take the world be storm and who will rise above the Greats like:

Jimi

Stevie

Eddie

iommi

Blackmore

Page

Alex

George

Michael

Warren

Hackett

Vai

Malmsteen

Latimer

DeGarmo

Eric Johnson

Gibbons

Gimour

Beck

Meniketti

Townshend

Endless.....

Who will replace these greats when we are old and everything in America will be hip hop rap and country.

We The People here are FUKKKED

JMO

Where are the New Wave Of Heavy Guitar Players Hiding?

NWOHGPH!!!!!!

WTF!

Come on, Earl. That's quite the tall order to ask if there is a young guitarist out there who will somehow equal a lot of those on your list. Lots of innovators there and players that have no equals on that list.

As for younger ones out there now, I really couldn't tell you. There could be someone ready to take the world by storm or there could be a collective of rock bands out there ready to emerge who all have good players. It's a tough call to make because rock isn't the same as it was years ago. We're more likely to find a great young guitar player by searching the internet than we are to find them through radio or MTV throwing it right in our faces like they used to do back in the day.

• Like 2

Come on, Earl. That's quite the tall order to ask if there is a young guitarist out there who will somehow equal a lot of those on your list. Lots of innovators there and players that have no equals on that list.

As for younger ones out there now, I really couldn't tell you. There could be someone ready to take the world by storm or there could be a collective of rock bands out there ready to emerge who all have good players. It's a tough call to make because rock isn't the same as it was years ago. We're more likely to find a great young guitar player by searching the internet than we are to find them through radio or MTV throwing it right in our faces like they used to do back in the day.

Exactly J

It is a tall order. Hence the reason why I wrote this thread

There is no one to pass the torch to.

We lived in the apex of music. No doubt in my mind.

It's a very sad time for guitar infused rock and roll.

Time for me to suck on a "Tall Cool One."

Signed,

Robert Plant

Easy:

Mark Tremonti

Myles Kennedy

One band too. f**k your taste in music, f**k your opinion on the quality of their songs. Their playing is second to none.

• Like 1

If Matt Bellamy wanted to, he could be the modern guitar hero, but he’s too concerned with songwriting, singing, keys, and the Muse aesthetic to show off his mad guitar skills enough.

Easy:

Mark Tremonti

Myles Kennedy

One band too. f**k your taste in music, f**k your opinion on the quality of their songs. Their playing is second to none.

I thought of Tremonti while typing that post. But Earl wanted to know about younger players and Tremonti is in his 40s now and pretty well established at this point.

• Like 1

Has there been anyone since Eddie Van Halen gut punched rock music in the 1970s?

As a collective force, the big four in grunge was probably the last huge gut punch to rock music. You're right about EVH though. He was probably the last individual to do it.

Has there been anyone since Eddie Van Halen gut punched rock music in the 1970s?

As a collective force, the big four in grunge was probably the last huge gut punch to rock music. You're right about EVH though. He was probably the last individual to do it.

An argument could be made for Jack White. Unfortunately no real scene sprang up around him and The White Stripes taking that direction and making him more influential, but I’d blame that more on the modern bias towards pop/rnb/rap more than his guitar wizardry.

An argument could be made for Jack White. Unfortunately no real scene sprang up around him and The White Stripes taking that direction and making him more influential, but I’d blame that more on the modern bias towards pop/rnb/rap more than his guitar wizardry.

Seven Nation Army has had a huge impact. Is there a pro sporting event these days that doesn't play it during a game?

• Like 1

if your talking Modern. Mark Tremonti.........ah....ah.......before you Retort earl.......

BLOW ME.

MARK TREMONTI RULZES!!!!!!

lol.

Mick

Hahahahaha!!!

He's really good. Not a fan of Creed do Alter Bridge but he is excellent. Good one. But he was born in 1974.

I'm looking for someone a lot younger. An up and coming guitar slinger who will save the archaic guitar solo.

Easy:

Mark Tremonti

Myles Kennedy

I thought of Tremonti while typing that post. But Earl wanted to know about younger players and Tremonti is in his 40s now and pretty well established at this point.

Correct.

Even though he’s a douchebag, EVH.

Eddie may be a douche but he's my number ONE!!!!

Here are my top Great Eight:

EVH

Wolf Hoffmann

Michael Schenker

Dave Meniketti

George Lynch

Alex Lifeson

Warren DeMartini

Steven Rothery

Fixed!

Edited by RUSHHEAD666

if your talking Modern. Mark Tremonti.........ah....ah.......before you Retort earl.......

BLOW ME.

lol.

Mick

Hahahahaha!!!

He's really good. Not a fan of Creed do Alter Bridge but he is excellent. Good one. But he was born in 1974.

I'm looking for someone a lot younger. An up and coming guitar slinger who will save the archaic guitar solo.

Have you ever given Tremonti's solo material a listen? Check out his new album A Dying Machine if you're curious. Great playing and lots of catchy melodies.

• Like 1

BLOW ME.

lol.

Mick

Hahahahaha!!!

Have you ever given Tremonti's solo material a listen? Check out his new album A Dying Machine if you're curious. Great playing and lots of catchy melodies.

Cool! I'm on it!