Steve Perry: Traces

JohnRogers

I’m not sure when I developed a vagina but I bought Steve Perry’s new album, Traces. After one listen nothing really stands out.

Traces is meditative, soft spoken and vulnerable, as personal a record as a former melodic-rock superstar has perhaps ever released.

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/steve-perry-traces-review/

• Like 1

I’m not sure when I developed a vagina but I bought Steve Perry’s new album, Traces. After one listen nothing really stands out.

Traces is meditative, soft spoken and vulnerable, as personal a record as a former melodic-rock superstar has perhaps ever released.

I would suspect that if you have developed a vagina nothing will ever stand out again.

• Like 4

I would suspect that if you have developed a vagina nothing will ever stand out again.

:LOL:

• Like 2

Well done

Much needed comic relief.

• Like 1

I was led to believe by some Journey fans that Steve couldn't sing anymore and that it was one of the reasons why he left the band and was replaced by Arnel. Maybe Steve just lost the high notes like Geddy did.
  • Like 2

Steve is meh without Journey, Journey is a cover band with Arnel. Someone aught to grow up and let a reunion happen, do the fans and legacy some justice. Either that or one of them needs to make an album that proves they don’t need the other, like Styx did last year.
  • Like 2

Steve is meh without Journey, Journey is a cover band with Arnel. Someone aught to grow up and let a reunion happen, do the fans and legacy some justice. Either that or one of them needs to make an album that proves they don’t need the other, like Styx did last year.

Who is to blame Perry of Shon? My guess Shon.

What happened with Styx?

http://ultimateclass...-traces-review/

You always were a pussy.
  • Like 1

Who is to blame Perry of Shon? My guess Shon.

What happened with Styx?

For the lack of a reunion? Perry all the way. Schon is a prick that would sell his mother to make a buck. But Perry is an asshole many magnitudes greater. Perry only reunited in 96 because his solo album in 94 / 95 didn't put him back on top like he wanted it to. But he did not want to tour with Ross Valory or Steve Smith so he did the album for the royalties but then developed the mysterious hip ailment. Totally financially f***** Valory in the process.

As for Styx, they just made an album without Dennis DeYoung that wasn't utterly horrid.

http://ultimateclass...-traces-review/

You always were a pussy.

My favorite rock god guitar player called me a pussy. :(

You always were a pussy.

So, searching for those new Steve Perry songs caused an ad for these two shirts to pop up...

1508108129152763032.jpg 1536283310990161515.jpg

I imagine these are currently hanging in JohnRogers' closet.

Edited by goose

The former JOURNEY singer, who originally left the band more than three decades ago, made his comments in response to Neal's frequent public calls for a renewed collaboration.

"I'm not sure that's possible without stirring up hopes of a reunion," Perry said. "Please listen to me. I left the band 31 f***ing years ago, my friend. You can still love someone, but not want to work with them. And if they only love you because they want to work with you, that doesn't feel good to me."

Steve, who claims to feel no bitterness toward anyone in JOURNEY, even though he's seen the members only twice in the past 20 years, had "a look of disgust," according to Rolling Stone writer Andy Greene, when he was asked about keyboardist Jonathan Cain's new memoir, "Don't Stop Believin'".

"I don't really care to read Jonathan's book," he said. "And I'd appreciate if you didn't tell me about it. I don't need to know. It's none of my business."

• Like 2

The former JOURNEY singer, who originally left the band more than three decades ago, made his comments in response to Neal's frequent public calls for a renewed collaboration.

"I'm not sure that's possible without stirring up hopes of a reunion," Perry said. "Please listen to me. I left the band 31 f***ing years ago, my friend. You can still love someone, but not want to work with them. And if they only love you because they want to work with you, that doesn't feel good to me."

Steve, who claims to feel no bitterness toward anyone in JOURNEY, even though he's seen the members only twice in the past 20 years, had "a look of disgust," according to Rolling Stone writer Andy Greene, when he was asked about keyboardist Jonathan Cain's new memoir, "Don't Stop Believin'".

"I don't really care to read Jonathan's book," he said. "And I'd appreciate if you didn't tell me about it. I don't need to know. It's none of my business."

Steve kind of sounds like a douchebag. Somewhere between Neil Peart on the lower end and DJ Trump at the top rung of douchebaggary.

• Like 1

You always were a pussy.

So, searching for those new Steve Perry songs caused an ad for these two shirts to pop up...

1508108129152763032.jpg 1536283310990161515.jpg

I imagine these are currently hanging in JohnRogers' closet.

along with his 5 cent stogeys.

Cool shirts. My cigars average around $10-12 a stick. My cigar libations about $16 a dram.

• Like 1

Personalities aside, I still appreciate the music that was made, and the Band as a whole's integrity. That's my take

zYW8fGq.jpg

journey sucks

I took my dad to see Journey, Def Leppard and Foreigner.

My dad loved the first two acts.

Then Journey hit the stage with the Grease Is The Nerd singer in black leather and tight hair. He looked like Mr. Spock without the ear gag.

Just a horrific band.

They need to fire Steve Smith and Arnel.

Bring back Castronova on the drums and sing lead.

Perry and the fairy are weak.

I hate Journey.

Just give me the first three albums without Perry.

Genius Epic Records of Perfection. JMO