Eddie Trunk's top 20 Rush songs

zappafrank

43237936_2405776966106825_7702401977061212160_n.jpg?_nc_cat=111&oh=60956315bd0e1f4a6fe7102e47680e60&oe=5C1F49E2

Making lists like this is pretty impossible when you love the band as much as I imagine we all do, but here are some quick thoughts:

#1 is way too pedestrian, IMO. Not trying to be snooty, but the song has never blown me away. I get why it's a crowd favorite, but for me it doesn't do much.

Red Barchetta also is too high, IMO. Again, the song doesn't excite me as much as other songs.

On the converse, another obvious choice for #1 - Tom Sawyer - would have been fine by me. Go figure.

La Villa needs to be higher. We're talking top 10.

Interesting to place Jacob's Ladder so high (if at all).

Regardless of level of fandom, the omission of Subdivisions is glaring.

No quibbles that Roll the Bones isn't on there. It's another one of those "take it or leave it" songs for me.

No opinion on Stick It Out being there - I just find it interesting it's there.

For me, the only potential fanboi inclusions would be The Garden or Headlong Flight.

• Like 3

Decent list but no natural science?

I love fly by night but understand others may not.

I have never liked or understood the appeal of distant early warning.

That video may be the most cringe worthy moment in their career.....

I'm over these lists which are devices to get attention and provoke. But glaring omissions:

Natural Science

ByTor

Necromancer

Subdivisions

Analog Kid

Clockwork Angels

Headlong Flight

...and others.

Stick It out is a joke on this list. Animate and Cut to the Chase are easily better choices.

This is a lazy casual fan (Eddie) version of Rush favorites. 3 songs after Moving Pictures. f***ing dinosaur hack.

Edited by HemiBeers
  • Like 1

Stick It Out is the only song from Rush that I actively dislike that isn't on Test For Echo.

Some omissions that aren’t of the “where is my esoteric favorite,” variety - Working Man, Limelight, The Analog Kid, Subdivisions, A Passage to Bangkok and Far Cry.

Some surprising additions - Bastille Day, In the End, Distant Early Warning and Stick it Out.

To each their own.

• Like 1

43237936_2405776966106825_7702401977061212160_n.jpg?_nc_cat=111&oh=60956315bd0e1f4a6fe7102e47680e60&oe=5C1F49E2

Making lists like this is pretty impossible when you love the band as much as I imagine we all do, but here are some quick thoughts:

#1 is way too pedestrian, IMO. Not trying to be snooty, but the song has never blown me away. I get why it's a crowd favorite, but for me it doesn't do much.

Red Barchetta also is too high, IMO. Again, the song doesn't excite me as much as other songs.

On the converse, another obvious choice for #1 - Tom Sawyer - would have been fine by me. Go figure.

No quibbles that Roll the Bones isn't on there. It's another one of those "take it or leave it" songs for me.

For me, the only potential fanboi inclusions would be The Garden or Headlong Flight.

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!

Eddie Trunk is a piece of human shit.

Such a fraud.

Good for you brainwashed millennials to follow his every word and list.

HAHAHAHA!!!!

I met Eddie in Vegas after the Scorpions and Queensryche.

I purposely quizzed him for 5 minutes on rock and roll and metal.

The guy is a fuckking fraud.

Don't believe me.

Don't care.

Useless.

I met all the guys from Queensryche, Mikkey Dee from the Scorps who was so sweet and nice.

Even met Scott Ian that night. Not a big Anthrax fan but he was sooooooo cool!!!!

Eddie Trunk is a skunk. His rock and roll knowledge is that of a rotten walnut.

Real musicians know their shite.

Eddie Dump sucks arse.

• Like 3

It's Eddie Trunk. This post is my only comment. He only knows Stick It Out from Beavis and Butthead.

Exactly!!!!!

You may not agree with my opinions, but Eddie Drunk is JUNK!!

Such a poser!!!!!

Anyone can get a job if that garbage can.

Get it?

Garbage can.

• Like 1

Eddie Trunk should be in Goodfellas.

• Like 1