They're not releasing a FULL live version of "Hemispheres"??

zappafrank

Would have been nice but after attempt number three is seems pretty clear that OLE is calling the shots. Don't know who is advising the record label but they aren't close to going off of the board yet with any of this.

And it's a boot that has been out forever in the trading circles. They could have hit a home run with this set, but they didn't even come close. Sad really.

Until you know everything that goes into a release such as this one (as well as the previous two box set releases, for that matter), I’d be much less judgmental. It comes across as being rather ignorant. As well, how can you come to such a conclusion without having the product itself in your hands?

One of the things EVERYONE has been clamoring for is an official live release of the full Hemispheres song (which there's no way they don't have), and all they do is release the last minute of the song???

WTF, man?!

I feel your pain. However, this is a business strategy more formally known as “Milking the shit out of it’”.

Rest assured, the full live release of Hemispheres will happen in 5 OR 10 years.

;)

And it's a boot that has been out forever in the trading circles. They could have hit a home run with this set, but they didn't even come close. Sad really.

Until you know everything that goes into a release such as this one (as well as the previous two box set releases, for that matter), I’d be much less judgmental. It comes across as being rather ignorant. As well, how can you come to such a conclusion without having the product itself in your hands?

B/c they've advertised the extra audio that will be included...? That's more than enough evidence to make a judgement.

If you're into the peripherals (the essay, the shirt, the program), etc), then yeah, it's packed.

But if you're like a lot of people who really only want to have an official, clean live version of the title track in context of a full concert (while supporting the band to boot... I assume they get some cut of this?), then hands down this is disappointing, proof via what they've advertised that they're offering. There's no ignorance about it.

Edited by zappafrank