Hemisphere's 40th Anniversary Edition - Pre-Orders Now available.

Jag2112

Hey Earl,

Go f**k yourself. I can afford to buy anything i want at any time, anywhere.

This is a shitty 40th anniversary release. Period.

Sincerely,

R. T. Pierpont.

This is the guy who slagged off Rush and any other band be likes to make Ghost appear to be the second coming of Christ lol

You're right though. I was looking forward to this release until I actually looked at the contents.

HAHAHAHAHA!!!

How have I ever slagged off RUSH for GHOST?

Hilarious!

Just because I hate "Vapor Trails?"

No band is perfect.

I told Tobias right to his face one fateful night in Reno in 2015 that he and his band were now my new RUSH since Rush retired that same year.

Tobias actually shook my hand and bowed to me for that statement. He was flattered and totally respectful and amazing! WTF???

No band on the Earth will ever touch RUSH.

Keep listening to your Nightwish and other bands in that same genre. Happiness to you and your lover.

I'm going to Toronto baby!

No ill will to anyone!

If you guys and gals don't like my midnight banter than fuckking IGNORE ME!

DUH!

RUSH ON!

Everyone on the Earth is a hypocrite.

Amen

Oh. Maybe I misunderstood? You used to say Rush is dead and it always sounded like you meant as in, since VT or something as everything seemed to be negative haha!

(Earl please note I am not intending to fall out or provoke you. Your messages are currently quite terse and repetitive and irritating to read and it's hard to know what to talk about or how to respond when you prattle on as you do.

On a really random note, do you know Mekong Delta? They are amazing prog thrash and thanks to Bathory, I rediscovered the album I love and am hearing more. They are fantastic! They are from the eighties).

Michael!

NO!

You are correct! I did say RUSH IS DEAD! But just as the band was concerned. I'm am sorry that I lead you down a fake path of negativity! RUSH RULES FOREVER!

The band is over.

Little brother!

I mean no harm even if I do irritate Rush fans on here.

It's really just a schtick. I just want to be different from the others.

You and I have gone "Round And Round" like the RATT classic but I thought we were good.

I love the word "prattle" over "battle!"

No fighting here.

I just write stuff on a public forum and I know I'm not vanilla white or PC!

That's just my take!

Dude!

i'm flying to Toronto to hang out with Geddy and Alex. I don't even don't drink wine!!! YUCK!!!!

The irony of this forum always thinking I'm on drugs and drunk! Hilarious! It's a sad ongoing joke!!!!

I enjoy ice cold beer.

THAT'S IT!

It's a public forum.

We all lack true emotion and joking around.

It's like texting. It's a horrible human invention.

Humans take everything so serious in text and in threads.

I love to joke around yet I am taken so serious.

That's life.

A tech flaw in human nature.

Just give me Second Nature or Natural Science! LOL!!

RUSH WILL NEVER DIE!

I am sorry you took my words the wrong way.

My heart has been crushed that they are done.

But I was at the last show at the LA Forum Michael.

I had third row.

I snuck up to the front row.

Just like I did in 1984 when I was 16 on the GUP TOUR at the Cow Palace in SF!

I am still a 16 year old at heart when it comes to RUSH!

I can't wait to meet the boys and tell them some great stories that they imprinted in my life.

Life is short.

I don't fit the mold of PC.

I joke around too much and humans take me too serious.

No matter what people say about me, I will always take care of my parents, my beautiful daughters and me.

RUSH FOREVER!!!!!!!!

Minus

"Vapor Trails"

LOL

"In The End" it will all end.

Live for now!

Fridge and Mule are right!

Choose how you spend your money.

I like giving my money to RUSH.

So? They deserve it.

I still am a responsible human and pay alimony and child support.

Duh

But RUSH brings me happiness.

They are my band until I die.

This Forum is just a texting entity to express your love and hate for all things RUSH and life.

I'm still here man, so obviously I'm not that crazy or insane.

I've met Neil Peart. Vapor Trails Tour Michael. Oh the irony. LOL! It wasn't that dreamy but it was amazing.

Now I have a "Ghost Of A Chance" to meet Geddy and Alex.

It's important to me in my mortal life.

I've told my parents, family and closest friends about this adventure.

Everyone is happy for me.

No negative stuff.

I wish you nothing but the best Michael.

I mean it.

Cheers bitch!!!!!

LOL!

Love you!

The real irony is that I truly haven’t read anyone saying you’re on drugs in years. Thank the gods you’re here to remind us that some do...even if they’re phantoms. :hail:

Hahaha!!! I know Michael you are correct. It's just a long going dark inside joke............

Cheers to phantom fears!

:musicnote:And when the music stops

There's still more cash to be made

All the remastered box sets

All the fans must upgrade :musicnote:

• Like 2

Hey Earl,

Sincerely,

R. T. Pierpont.

This is the guy who slagged off Rush and any other band be likes to make Ghost appear to be the second coming of Christ lol

You're right though. I was looking forward to this release until I actually looked at the contents.

HAHAHAHAHA!!!

Hilarious!

No band is perfect.

I told Tobias right to his face one fateful night in Reno in 2015 that he and his band were now my new RUSH since Rush retired that same year.

Tobias actually shook my hand and bowed to me for that statement. He was flattered and totally respectful and amazing! WTF???

Keep listening to your Nightwish and other bands in that same genre. Happiness to you and your lover.

No ill will to anyone!

DUH!

RUSH ON!

Amen

Oh. Maybe I misunderstood? You used to say Rush is dead and it always sounded like you meant as in, since VT or something as everything seemed to be negative haha!

(Earl please note I am not intending to fall out or provoke you. Your messages are currently quite terse and repetitive and irritating to read and it's hard to know what to talk about or how to respond when you prattle on as you do.

On a really random note, do you know Mekong Delta? They are amazing prog thrash and thanks to Bathory, I rediscovered the album I love and am hearing more. They are fantastic! They are from the eighties).

Michael!

NO!

You are correct! I did say RUSH IS DEAD! But just as the band was concerned. I'm am sorry that I lead you down a fake path of negativity! RUSH RULES FOREVER!

The band is over.

Little brother!

You and I have gone "Round And Round" like the RATT classic but I thought we were good.

No fighting here.

That's just my take!

Dude!

i'm flying to Toronto to hang out with Geddy and Alex. I don't even don't drink wine!!! YUCK!!!!

The irony of this forum always thinking I'm on drugs and drunk! Hilarious! It's a sad ongoing joke!!!!

I enjoy ice cold beer.

THAT'S IT!

It's a public forum.

That's life.

RUSH WILL NEVER DIE!

I had third row.

I can't wait to meet the boys and tell them some great stories that they imprinted in my life.

Life is short.

No matter what people say about me, I will always take care of my parents, my beautiful daughters and me.

RUSH FOREVER!!!!!!!!

Minus

"Vapor Trails"

LOL

Live for now!

So? They deserve it.

Duh

This Forum is just a texting entity to express your love and hate for all things RUSH and life.

I've met Neil Peart. Vapor Trails Tour Michael. Oh the irony. LOL! It wasn't that dreamy but it was amazing.

No negative stuff.

I mean it.

Cheers bitch!!!!!

LOL!

Love you!

The real irony is that I truly haven’t read anyone saying you’re on drugs in years. Thank the gods you’re here to remind us that some do...even if they’re phantoms. :hail:

Hahaha!!! I know Michael you are correct. It's just a long going dark inside joke............

Cheers to phantom fears!

I’m not Michael :blaze:

Hey Earl,

Sincerely,

R. T. Pierpont.

HAHAHAHAHA!!!

Hilarious!

No band is perfect.

No ill will to anyone!

DUH!

RUSH ON!

Amen

Michael!

NO!

The band is over.

Little brother!

No fighting here.

That's just my take!

Dude!

I enjoy ice cold beer.

THAT'S IT!

It's a public forum.

That's life.

RUSH WILL NEVER DIE!

I had third row.

Life is short.

RUSH FOREVER!!!!!!!!

Minus

"Vapor Trails"

LOL

Live for now!

So? They deserve it.

Duh

No negative stuff.

I mean it.

Cheers bitch!!!!!

LOL!

Love you!

Cheers to phantom fears!

I’m not Michael :blaze:

Whoops! My 50 year old eyes are going on me!

200_s.gif

Hahahahaha! I was waiting for this!

I can't wait for the Austin Power Windows deluxe version!!!!!! The first 2112 copies will come with an autographed nude Starman pic featuring Michael Myers holding a remote control gazing into a boob tube!

• Like 1

200_s.gif

I can't wait for the Austin Power Windows deluxe version!!!!!! The first 2112 copies will come with an autographed nude Starman pic featuring Michael Myers holding a remote control gazing into a boob tube!

And it will cost us . . . one milllion dollars!

• Like 1

200_s.gif

And it will cost us . . . one milllion dollars!

HAHAHAHAHA!!

You are killing me. I was going to write a Dr. Evil gag too but I couldn't come up with it. Of course!!!

"The Big Money" baby!

• Like 1

Hells bells...just listen to the whole pinkpop show on YouTube for free.

This is a lackluster 40th anniversary for such an important album.

The band did say many times that the vault has been emptied.

Expect the St Louis boot to be disc 2 of the Permanent Waves 40th anniversary...

I listened to that show today. Unfortunately for the band, and fortunately for the fans, there are so many high quality recordings of shows out there already that packaging one with a deluxe edition doesn't really offer you anything new. Except the Signals tour.

It's worth it for me because the 2015 McGee master has been upgraded to CD. I would expect this one will give the Audio Fidelity release a good run for the money, but we'll see.

Does anyone know the date that the band recorded the 3 live off the floor videos for Hemispheres (LVS/Circumstances/The Trees)?

The Rush Chronology book says late June to July 1978 and Visions says the videos were recorded after the album was recorded. That may be the most precise answer available until more evidence surfaces.

• Like 2

Does anyone know the date that the band recorded the 3 live off the floor videos for Hemispheres (LVS/Circumstances/The Trees)?

The Rush Chronology book says late June to July 1978 and Visions says the videos were recorded after the album was recorded. That may be the most precise answer available until more evidence surfaces.

Thanks for the info

Thanks for the info

No problem.

Don't understand why they didn't include the audio tracks as a CD bonus? They are already using the material from the Bluray.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/rush-geddy-lee-interview-prog-rock-hemispheres-738828/amp/

Geddy Lee on Rush’s Prog-Rock Opus ‘Hemispheres’: ‘We Had to Raise Our Game’

The bassist reflects on writing side-long “mini rock operas,” singing in awkward keys and Alex Lifeson’s mysterious “bedroom accident” — and offers an update on the state of Rush:

Lee, guitarist Alex Lifeson and drummer Neil Peart — found themselves on a wildly taxing pursuit while crafting Hemispheres, which Rolling Stone named the 11th-greatest prog-rock album of all time. “Let’s say our ideas exceeded our grasp,” Lee says of the LP. “And we had to push ourselves and raise our game, which took longer than expected.”

The record marked a pivotal point in the Rush chronology, perfecting the extended conceptual aesthetic they’d explored in the mid-Seventies before they reined in their songs with tighter structures on 1980’s Permanent Waves.

[More details from Ged at length in the linked article]

:cheers:

• Like 1

I already have the ultimate henispheres edition. It’s an old edition of the regular CD, but the booklet says “Hi Dan” and has three signatures on it in sharpie. Im sure there’s an image of it in ancient thread here. It’s a 1 of 1. I think all in it cost like 30 bucks—mostly for postage to and from wherever the heck it was those guys wrote on it. Seattle maybe? I forget.
  • Like 3

I already have the ultimate henispheres edition. It’s an old edition of the regular CD, but the booklet says “Hi Dan” and has three signatures on it in sharpie. Im sure there’s an image of it in ancient thread here. It’s a 1 of 1. I think all in it cost like 30 bucks—mostly for postage to and from wherever the heck it was those guys wrote on it. Seattle maybe? I forget.

Although I'll be getting the 2 CD set, I could probably cobble together one myself.

Let's see...

Audio Fidelity Hemispheres CD

Anthem Red Vinyl With Poster.

Signed Original Hemispheres Program.

The Trees/Circumstances 45

Can't really settle on which Hemispheres soundboard recording to use for this.

I love it! What a great memory for you. :heart:

So, any reviews on the new Hemispheres remaster set?

Mine was delivered today. I'm digging the 5.1 Hemispheres mix, which I cranked as loud as I could handle. It's cool to hear a bit more of the acoustic guitars from Book II in the back speakers. One weird thing is that Lifeson's solo in Armageddon is sort of more implied than present - but it is cool to get a different mix. The ethereal part sounds great, with the thunder. The side 2 tracks sound cool, too. Just listening to the live Pink Pop stuff now. Sounds pretty good.

The only complaint I have is the artwork. Syme is sort of losing it, I think. . .

The cover for the vinyl album is great - very vivid colours. Inside they've done something different, and a bit garish. The LP cover for the extras is just bizarre. Don't know why they couldn't have just released the poster that came with the original red vinyl version, maybe in a larger size or something.

It's a different package style, as well - it's not a box with a lid like the earlier box sets, but a slipcase.

Having the replica tour book is cool. The hardcover book has a lengthy essay by Rob Bowman - who really knows his time signatures . . .

The highlight for me is the 2015 Magee master. Close to the original atomic and the Audio Fidelity CD. Sounds great.

Disc 2 doesn't sound as good as the bootlegs I already have of this show and for some reason the phrase "Thank you very very kindly all," is there instead of the Tuscon comment on the original bootleg after 2112. Very strange that they messed with this comment instead or dropping it all together which wouldn't have drawn much attention.

I'd be fine if they just released all of the Magee masters and lose all of the bells and whistles of "added value."