Hemisphere's 40th Anniversary Edition - Pre-Orders Now available.

Jag2112

I actually want this haha

I haven't collected the previous box sets. If I collect any sets, I want the Sectors.

• Like 1

Disc 2

1. A Passage To Bangkok (Live At Pinkpop Festival, Netherlands/1979)

2. Xanadu (Live At Pinkpop Festival, Netherlands/1979)

3. The Trees (Live At Pinkpop Festival, Netherlands/1979)

4. Cygnus X-1: Book II Hemispheres - The Sphere (A Kind Of Dream) (Live At Pinkpop Festival, Netherlands/1979)

5. Closer To The Heart (Live At Pinkpop Festival, Netherlands/1979)

6. La Villa Strangiato (Live At Pinkpop Festival, Netherlands/1979)

7. In The Mood (Live At Pinkpop Festival, Netherlands/1979)

8. Drum Solo (Live At Pinkpop Festival, Netherlands/1979)

9. Something For Nothing (Live At Pinkpop Festival, Netherlands/1979)

10. 2112 (Live In Arizona/1978)

The third bonus disc contains audio from the album newly mixed from the original multitracks in 5.1 surround sound on a Blu-ray disc, along with four bonus videos: three shot in 1978 as promo videos, and one of “La Villa Strangiato,” originally shot at Pinkpop with newly restored stereo audio.The Super Deluxe Edition of Hemispheres-40th Anniversary will also include several exclusive items, including a 40-page hardcover book with unreleased photos and new artwork by original album designer Hugh Syme; an extensive, 11,000+-word essay by Rob Bowman; The Words & The Pictures, a replica of the band’s rare 1979 UK tour program; a 24x24-inch wall poster of the newly created Syme art; a Pinkpop Festival replica ticket; a Pinkpop Festival replica cloth VIP sticky pass; and a replica 1978 “Rush” Hemispheres iron-on patch.

hemi-40-sd.jpg

Edited by goose
  • Like 1

I have the deluxe boxes of 2112 and AFTK. They are beautiful, and it looks like I must have this as well. Bastards still finding ways to take my money :)
  • Like 1

Time to decide if I spend $20 on the 2CD version. Bummer that this does not have a complete show.

Edit: This appears to just be a rerelease of material that was available. Unless I get the LP as a Christmas gift...

Edited by 78jazz

I have the deluxe boxes of 2112 and AFTK. They are beautiful, and it looks like I must have this as well. Bastards still finding ways to take my money :)

Not mine. As much as I'd like to have all the box set swag they've been pumping out, I got bills to pay. I have the albums and DVDs. That'll do. Although I do really want that R40 bonus disc DVD.

Inexcusable that they're not releasing a full live version of the title track, unless that listing above is a very very off typo.

Maybe Lee isn't wild about his vocal performances from those shows - he found it rough to sing the vocals on the album in the first place. And maybe they can't go in and doctor it and re-record vocals at this point?

Just to make sure I get it (yeah, I can be kinda slow sometimes)... if I purchase the 2 CD set, disc two will contain the previously unreleased live stuff and disc one will be Hemispheres.

Is disc one a remastered version of Hemispheres? As in less tape hiss and stuff than my old CD of Hemispheres?

So just to clear this up,is just the Sphere and not the whole title track.Did they play it and is it avaidable on a boot.At least we don't have Dream Theater doing the title track(i do like Dream Theater)or Lady Ga Ga or someone doing covers.At least this release is all Rush and Hugh Syme looks like he has done a better job.I may have to save my pennies but bloody Xmas is coming and the car rego.

Is there any more videoe footage from Pinkpop?I like how on The Lighted Stage how Kirk Hammets eyes glaze over when Alex does that solo on La Villa.

Just to make sure I get it (yeah, I can be kinda slow sometimes)... if I purchase the 2 CD set, disc two will contain the previously unreleased live stuff and disc one will be Hemispheres.

Is disc one a remastered version of Hemispheres? As in less tape hiss and stuff than my old CD of Hemispheres?

Can only assume it is a recent or the most recent mastered copy? I don't know. I generally can't tell the difference myself.

Edit: according to the video I posted above, it's a 2015 remaster.

Edited by toymaker

Time to decide if I spend $20 on the 2CD version. Bummer that this does not have a complete show.

Edit: This appears to just be a rerelease of material that was available. Unless I get the LP as a Christmas gift...

I'll be getting the double CD at some point because it might just be the best sounding Hemispheres CD I'll ever own (Although the Audio Fidelity Gold CD sounds pretty sweet.) I hope they at least release all of the 2015 remasters.

• Like 1

Why a live version of 2112 not Hemispheres from Tucson? This is so perplexing!!!!!

If I were to guess, it's because there's a ton of 2112 reissues out there and the label might like to sell off some of it.

So just to clear this up,is just the Sphere and not the whole title track.Did they play it and is it avaidable on a boot.At least we don't have Dream Theater doing the title track(i do like Dream Theater)or Lady Ga Ga or someone doing covers.At least this release is all Rush and Hugh Syme looks like he has done a better job.I may have to save my pennies but bloody Xmas is coming and the car rego.

Direct from Pinkpop bootleg which is about 55 minutes in total. Then 2112 is from the Tuscon boot. They might of course have the original master tapes which would make these the definitive versions.