Happy 42nd Anniversary, All The World's A Stage !! - (this one's for Narps!)

blueschica

From Danforth and Pape- "Rush’s utterly iconic first live album was recorded at the utterly iconic Massey Hall at 178 Victoria Street in Toronto on June 11th, 12th and 13th during their 2112 tour.

All the World's a Stage was Rush's first US Top 40-charting album and went gold, alongside A Farewell to Kings and 2112 on November 16th 1977. It was certified platinum in the US in 1981 after the release of Moving Pictures.

In the words of the band at the time of the album’s release, “This album to us, signifies the end of the beginning, a milestone to mark the close of chapter one, in the annals of Rush.”

Choose your own adventure (or memories!)- how many formats did you have it in? :LOL: (that blue cassette looks like one of those totally unauthorized Mexican cassettes they used to have in the gas station for $4.00 . . . .)

Tpm1VqMm.jpglbK1usBl.jpgNyN9UXgm.jpgUrnaL6Dm.jpg7fuzGEam.jpg

0Js3kjBm.jpgYH3VJW4m.jpg9inowS7m.jpg

• Like 6

I have an original pressing on vinyl (The one with the thing that has more pictures on it (I think a gatefold?? Or whatever that thingy is called that you open on a vinyl that reveals a picture or pictures on the inside)).

That's really cool !

• Like 1

I have an original pressing on vinyl (The one with the thing that has more pictures on it (I think a gatefold?? Or whatever that thingy is called that you open on a vinyl that reveals a picture or pictures on the inside)).

That's really cool !

I believe that version also has the album sides set up as 1/4 and 2/3 for easy play on a stackable phonograph. Only one flip needed!
  • Like 2

It goes with saying - CLASSIC - right up there with the best live albums of all time

( .. and to this day, when I see that album cover, I still think that mic stand is Neil back there playing with his sticks raised :LOL:

http://www.2112.net/powerwindows/wallpaper/AWScov.jpg

23.jpg

20.jpg

19.jpg

15.jpg

1.jpg

Edited by Lucas
  • Like 6

From Danforth and Pape- "Rush’s utterly iconic first live album was recorded at the utterly iconic Massey Hall at 178 Victoria Street in Toronto on June 11th, 12th and 13th during their 2112 tour.

All the World's a Stage was Rush's first US Top 40-charting album and went gold, alongside A Farewell to Kings and 2112 on November 16th 1977. It was certified platinum in the US in 1981 after the release of Moving Pictures.

In the words of the band at the time of the album’s release, “This album to us, signifies the end of the beginning, a milestone to mark the close of chapter one, in the annals of Rush.”

Choose your own adventure (or memories!)- how many formats did you have it in? :LOL: (that blue cassette looks like one of those totally unauthorized Mexican cassettes they used to have in the gas station for $4.00 . . . .)

Tpm1VqMm.jpglbK1usBl.jpgNyN9UXgm.jpgUrnaL6Dm.jpg7fuzGEam.jpg

0Js3kjBm.jpgYH3VJW4m.jpg9inowS7m.jpg

Great post, great album.

• Like 2

Got it on vinyl too.

• Like 1

It goes with saying - CLASSIC - right up there with the best live albums of all time

( .. and to this day, when I see that album cover, I still think that mic stand is Neil back there playing with his sticks raised :LOL:

23.jpg

20.jpg

19.jpg

15.jpg

1.jpg

Great pics, Lucas! :ebert:

• Like 4

23.jpg

20.jpg

19.jpg

15.jpg

1.jpg

Great pics, Lucas! :ebert:

Awesome!

• Like 1

I think Geddy has the same Bozo figure that I had when I was a kid .... He's gotta have him secured down on the top of the amp, so he might look a little different, but he sure looks like that what he has on the amp there ..

geddy_bozo.jpg

geddy_bozo_close.jpg

definitely looks like Bozo

fantastic-vintage-1974-bozo-clown_1_85b6d29443e63d90a88009ba1cf4dfe4.jpg

Edited by Lucas
  • Like 3