Logo font that best represents the band

toymaker

Often when you see Rush related stuff, they go for the first album logo - it's even this forum's go-to emoji: :rush:. Do a search on Rush logo and it's the one that comes up the most. I suppose there's something significant about it as the first expression of the band.

For me, this will always be the best and most classic:

http://www.moshville.co.uk/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/Rush_logo2.jpg

There's just something both elegant and urgent about it - like someone with awesome penmanship wrote it in a rush...seems to best represent the band to me.

Any thoughts? What about other bands?

• Like 4

Often when you see Rush related stuff, they go for the first album logo - it's even this forum's go-to emoji: :rush:. Do a search on Rush logo and it's the one that comes up the most. I suppose there's something significant about it as the first expression of the band.

There's just something both elegant and urgent about it - like someone with awesome penmanship wrote it in a rush...seems to best represent the band to me.

I can't tell you how many times I doodled that in class when I was in highschool.
  • Like 2

...in a nut shell...

http://ednagreen.com/image/cache/numbered_shirts/tone_to_the_bone/rush-rash-d-600x600.jpg

I can't tell if that's red or a hotter-than-hot pink.

• Like 2

The red stamen is the best logo, but Hems has the best font.

Of course I have a huge soft spot for AFTK's font, and the debut is as classic as classic gets.

• Like 2

I can't tell you how many times I doodled that in class when I was in highschool.

Oh yeah. While them other kids were gettin learned with stuff, I was doodling and in a spiral sea unending.

• Like 2

Pink, though? Should have been red!

One some of the first pressings of the album it is red, but most copies have it pink, idek why.

It was a mistake at the printers.

Crazy how two albums early in their career were ruined by the faulty printing. They couldn't catch a break even with their own graphics.

• Like 4

I might like the AFTK font so much that I bought a souvenir . . .

NfuiSCim.png

Cool - wheredjagettit?

Thanks! From someone in the U.K. , from eBay, I think. It was my brief version of Gear Acquisition Syndrome. :LOL: I was going to start collecting Rush pins. I purchased about 5, but this is the coolest! I was going to keep going but I was liking collecting a little too much! I could see an empty wallet in my future so I kind of gave up on it. I still have fun looking, though.

Edited by blueschica
  • Like 1

I always liked the font on Aftk

Yeah, that's a good one - sort of robust and medieval.

I don't know why I'm so interested in this right now.

Maybe because I'm back to teaching and in full-on analysis mode.

Why not? Is it a secret?

• Like 1