The Patriots have lost several games. Time to worry?

LedRush

A true Patriot apologist. Why in the world would a coach ever throw a game? That's the most ludicrous thing I've read in a while.

How else could they lose to that current bum Lions team? That was a pitiful effort the other night.

LOL. Whatever helps you sleep at night. Your one win is against a team that is still winless.

They’ll be 2-2 soon enough.

Junk team. Always has been always will. Garbage.

Five titles in nine Super Bowl appearances notwithstanding.

10 actually. The Brady Belichick combo is 5 and 3 since the 2001 season.

Not too shabby.
  • Like 1

When was the last time the Raiders won a Super?

What was the score of the last Super the Raiders played?

What was their record last year?

What’s their record so far this year?

:poke:

Junk team?

Garbage?

:LOL:

There are too many teams in the league right now. I think that if you go 10 years without winning a playoff game, you should have to petition the league to stay in it, but the presumption is you can continue on. If you go 15 years without winning a playoff game, the presumption is you have to leave. Then teams like the Dolphins, Raiders, Browns, etc. can play each other in a sort of minor league.

Junk team?

Garbage?

There are too many teams in the league right now. I think that if you go 10 years without winning a playoff game, you should have to petition the league to stay in it, but the presumption is you can continue on. If you go 15 years without winning a playoff game, the presumption is you have to leave. Then teams like the Dolphins, Raiders, Browns, etc. can play each other in a sort of minor league.

It’s only two more than what the NBA and MLB have and one more than the NHL, right?

Punishing teams with your proposal would only complicate the league. Making poor performing NFL teams minor league teams (on occasion) wouldn’t do much (if anything) to improve teams or the sport.

Junk team?

Garbage?

The last Super Bowl the Raiders were in was Superbowl 37 on 01/26/2003

They lost to my Tampa Bay Buccaneers 48-21

That was a great day for Tampa Bay!!!

Junk team?

Garbage?

That was Rich Gannon vs Brad Johnson, wasn't it?

Junk team?

Garbage?

I’m from Florida dude. I knew exactly who they played and who they got murdered by! :cheers:

I went to uni with Derrick Brooks and played racquetball with him once. As that wasn’t his sport, I destroyed him but jeez he was fast.

Yep, the Patriots are all done.....

Some version of this silliness gets discussed every season, and has for about 5 years or so. Eventually it will be true, and the people who peddle it will tell you how much they know about football. They’re the same wingnuts who have been saying since 2001 Brady is a system quarterback.

• Like 1

Junk team?

Garbage?

It’s only two more than what the NBA and MLB have and one more than the NHL, right?

Punishing teams with your proposal would only complicate the league. Making poor performing NFL teams minor league teams (on occasion) wouldn’t do much (if anything) to improve teams or the sport.

I don't know. For example, the Patriots have for years been playing the Dolphins twice a year. While it's true the Dolphins do beat the Patriots in Miami, it only happens at the end of the season when the Dolphins are treating the game as their Super Bowl, and the Patriots are trying to juggle their roster to make it to the actual Super Bowl. If we could separate the wheat from the chaff before the season starts, it would make the regular season games more important and interesting. A team like the Dolphins hasn't played in a meaningful game after Halloween in what seems like forever. If you can't pull it together in a generation, maybe taking a step back is what a franchise needs.

Junk team?

Garbage?

I don't know. For example, the Patriots have for years been playing the Dolphins twice a year. While it's true the Dolphins do beat the Patriots in Miami, it only happens at the end of the season when the Dolphins are treating the game as their Super Bowl, and the Patriots are trying to juggle their roster to make it to the actual Super Bowl. If we could separate the wheat from the chaff before the season starts, it would make the regular season games more important and interesting. A team like the Dolphins hasn't played in a meaningful game after Halloween in what seems like forever. If you can't pull it together in a generation, maybe taking a step back is what a franchise needs.

Okay.

Well then, let’s look at the teams who’d be kicked out following your rule of “no playoff win in 15 years”.

First, there’s the horrible Cleveland Browns. After that, there’s...well yeah that’s it. The Browns.

Following your petition rule, the Bucs would have to go that route but they’d still have another 5 years to win a playoff game before they got the boot.

The Jets & Bears would be a few years off from your petition rule and several from getting demoted.

So who would the loser Browns play in the hack NFL-minor league? They’d have to play with themselves! :P

[edited to add]: I don’t remember the Bucs winning a playoff game since they won the Super. And I forgot about Earl’s Faders! Maybe those two could join the Browns in the hack-NFL League. The HNFL! It could work! :P

Edited by JohnnyBlaze
  • Like 1

Junk team?

Garbage?

Okay.

Well then, let’s look at the teams who’d be kicked out following your rule of “no playoff win in 15 years”.

First, there’s the horrible Cleveland Browns. After that, there’s...well yeah that’s it. The Browns.

Following your petition rule, the Bucs would have to go that route but they’d still have another 5 years to win a playoff game before they got the boot.

The Jets & Bears would be a few years off from your petition rule and several from getting demoted.

So who would the loser Browns play in the hack NFL-minor league? They’d have to play with themselves! :P

[edited to add]: I don’t remember the Bucs winning a playoff game since they won the Super. And I forgot about Earl’s Faders! Maybe those two could join the Browns in the hack-NFL League. The HNFL! It could work! :P

Browns-Raiders in a 16-game HNFL season... Playing each other, I predict they both finish 4-4-8.
  • Like 1

Junk team?

Garbage?

Okay.

The Bengals, Lions, Bills, Browns, Dolphins, Raiders, Buccaneers Rams and Redksins have all gone more than 10 years without winning a playoff game.

Junk team?

Garbage?

Okay.

The Bengals, Lions, Bills, Browns, Dolphins, Raiders, Buccaneers Rams and Redksins have all gone more than 10 years without winning a playoff game.

My memory is shit! :LOL:

But I still think a minor league NFL isn’t a good idea.

• Like 1

One should never count September losts when it comes to the Patriots. They usually straighten out things by October and this year they're playing better now that we are in November.
  • Like 1