Jump to content


Captain Marvel Trailer


  • Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 Principled Man

Principled Man

    Mathematical Porn Star

  • Members *
  • 11616 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Western Wisconsin
  • Interests:Rush
    The Green Bay Packers
    The Milwaukee Brewers
    Monty Python
    Cincinnati Chili
    Refreshing Beverages
    Golf, bowling, and Blu-ray
    TRAVEL
    Getting Slim & Trim
    And everything astronomical, cosmological, whatever can be measured in light-years.....out there in that Great Big Magnificent Universe!!

Posted 19 September 2018 - 07:15 PM



Sponsored Post

#2 JohnnyBlaze

JohnnyBlaze

    The Ghost Rider

  • Members *
  • 32270 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 20 September 2018 - 05:20 AM

I’d prefer they showcase Mar-Vell (Jude Law’s character) but I guess the MCU wants a more recently popular female character to be in the spotlight.

Skrulls are a good thing to see though. And the de-ageing CGI is believable in Fury & Coulson.

#3 Principled Man

Principled Man

    Mathematical Porn Star

  • Members *
  • 11616 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Western Wisconsin
  • Interests:Rush
    The Green Bay Packers
    The Milwaukee Brewers
    Monty Python
    Cincinnati Chili
    Refreshing Beverages
    Golf, bowling, and Blu-ray
    TRAVEL
    Getting Slim & Trim
    And everything astronomical, cosmological, whatever can be measured in light-years.....out there in that Great Big Magnificent Universe!!

Posted 20 September 2018 - 12:06 PM

View PostJohnnyBlaze, on 20 September 2018 - 05:20 AM, said:

I’d prefer they showcase Mar-Vell (Jude Law’s character) but I guess the MCU wants a more recently popular female character to be in the spotlight.

Skrulls are a good thing to see though. And the de-ageing CGI is believable in Fury & Coulson.

The need to showcase a strong female superhero is of paramount importance in today’s film industry.  

1.  It will sell more tickets.  
2.  It will keep the studio free from the nationwide whining and crying over the “obviously sexist agenda of having only men be the heroes”...... ;)



#4 Rushman14

Rushman14

    Mr. Hollywood

  • Members *
  • 11955 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Los Angeles

Posted 20 September 2018 - 02:44 PM

im finding this trailer kinda meh

#5 Principled Man

Principled Man

    Mathematical Porn Star

  • Members *
  • 11616 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Western Wisconsin
  • Interests:Rush
    The Green Bay Packers
    The Milwaukee Brewers
    Monty Python
    Cincinnati Chili
    Refreshing Beverages
    Golf, bowling, and Blu-ray
    TRAVEL
    Getting Slim & Trim
    And everything astronomical, cosmological, whatever can be measured in light-years.....out there in that Great Big Magnificent Universe!!

Posted 20 September 2018 - 02:54 PM

View PostRushman14, on 20 September 2018 - 02:44 PM, said:

im finding this trailer kinda meh


Quote

It's kind of hard to explain.

I'm not what you think I am.   


Never heard those clichés before .....

#6 JohnnyBlaze

JohnnyBlaze

    The Ghost Rider

  • Members *
  • 32270 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 21 September 2018 - 08:48 PM

View PostPrincipled Man, on 20 September 2018 - 12:06 PM, said:

View PostJohnnyBlaze, on 20 September 2018 - 05:20 AM, said:

I’d prefer they showcase Mar-Vell (Jude Law’s character) but I guess the MCU wants a more recently popular female character to be in the spotlight.

Skrulls are a good thing to see though. And the de-ageing CGI is believable in Fury & Coulson.

The need to showcase a strong female superhero is of paramount importance in today’s film industry.  

1.  It will sell more tickets.  
2.  It will keep the studio free from the nationwide whining and crying over the “obviously sexist agenda of having only men be the heroes”...... ;)

As MCU films always do well (so far anyway), I don’t think #1 is a factor.
#2 is at least somewhat of a factor.

Now I’m reading that Jude Law apparently might not be Mar-Vell as I expected. And it looks like there’s going to be some character history alterations. We’ll see how this goes but I’m still thinking it’ll at least be decent.

Edited by JohnnyBlaze, 21 September 2018 - 08:49 PM.


#7 snowdogged

snowdogged

    Ultimate Time-Killing Sig

  • Members *
  • 5164 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Montreal
  • Interests:Yo momma

Posted 21 September 2018 - 09:17 PM

This is the Captain Marvel that I remember. I guess that I am just old.
Posted Image

#8 snowdogged

snowdogged

    Ultimate Time-Killing Sig

  • Members *
  • 5164 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Montreal
  • Interests:Yo momma

Posted 21 September 2018 - 09:21 PM

View PostPrincipled Man, on 20 September 2018 - 02:54 PM, said:

View PostRushman14, on 20 September 2018 - 02:44 PM, said:

im finding this trailer kinda meh


Quote

It's kind of hard to explain.

I'm not what you think I am.   


Never heard those clichés before .....
This isn't another one of those The Crying Game Type movies, is it?

#9 Principled Man

Principled Man

    Mathematical Porn Star

  • Members *
  • 11616 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Western Wisconsin
  • Interests:Rush
    The Green Bay Packers
    The Milwaukee Brewers
    Monty Python
    Cincinnati Chili
    Refreshing Beverages
    Golf, bowling, and Blu-ray
    TRAVEL
    Getting Slim & Trim
    And everything astronomical, cosmological, whatever can be measured in light-years.....out there in that Great Big Magnificent Universe!!

Posted 21 September 2018 - 11:29 PM

View PostJohnnyBlaze, on 21 September 2018 - 08:48 PM, said:

We’ll see how this goes but I’m still thinking it’ll at least be decent.

We’ve been led to believe that Captain Marvel will be instrumental in defeating Thanos in Avengers 4. If this is true, then she, and her film, had better be really good.  She had better be more than a nice, pretty girl with a pretty voice who just happens to be supremely powerful.

#10 JohnnyBlaze

JohnnyBlaze

    The Ghost Rider

  • Members *
  • 32270 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 21 September 2018 - 11:42 PM

View Postsnowdogged, on 21 September 2018 - 09:17 PM, said:

This is the Captain Marvel that I remember. I guess that I am just old.
Posted Image

And that’s the one I’ve been talking about in this thread in regards to who I think Jude Law is portraying: Mar-Vell, the original Captain Marvel. They still haven’t announced who he is. Not sure why that info is being held back but it makes me think Law’s not actually portraying Mar-Vell but someone else OR a butchered MCU version of him.

#11 JohnnyBlaze

JohnnyBlaze

    The Ghost Rider

  • Members *
  • 32270 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 21 September 2018 - 11:55 PM

View PostPrincipled Man, on 21 September 2018 - 11:29 PM, said:

View PostJohnnyBlaze, on 21 September 2018 - 08:48 PM, said:

We’ll see how this goes but I’m still thinking it’ll at least be decent.

We’ve been led to believe that Captain Marvel will be instrumental in defeating Thanos in Avengers 4. If this is true, then she, and her film, had better be really good.  She had better be more than a nice, pretty girl with a pretty voice who just happens to be supremely powerful.

I’ve read stuff like she’s being written as a more aggressive Captain America.

As an actress (whatshername), she was good in Room. It’s the only thing I’ve seen her in.

#12 goose

goose

    Honkin' in Nevada

  • Members *
  • 61823 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Sierra Nevada foothills, East Slope
  • Interests:marxism

Posted 22 September 2018 - 11:55 AM

View PostRushman14, on 20 September 2018 - 02:44 PM, said:

im finding this trailer kinda meh
misogynist.

#13 goose

goose

    Honkin' in Nevada

  • Members *
  • 61823 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Sierra Nevada foothills, East Slope
  • Interests:marxism

Posted 22 September 2018 - 11:56 AM

View Postsnowdogged, on 21 September 2018 - 09:17 PM, said:

This is the Captain Marvel that I remember. I guess that I am just old.
Posted Image
She's hot, but her boobs are a bit small.

#14 snowdogged

snowdogged

    Ultimate Time-Killing Sig

  • Members *
  • 5164 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Montreal
  • Interests:Yo momma

Posted 22 September 2018 - 05:27 PM

View Postgoose, on 22 September 2018 - 11:56 AM, said:

View Postsnowdogged, on 21 September 2018 - 09:17 PM, said:

This is the Captain Marvel that I remember. I guess that I am just old.
Posted Image
She's hot, but her boobs are a bit small.
....but, something else is huge!

#15 Principled Man

Principled Man

    Mathematical Porn Star

  • Members *
  • 11616 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Western Wisconsin
  • Interests:Rush
    The Green Bay Packers
    The Milwaukee Brewers
    Monty Python
    Cincinnati Chili
    Refreshing Beverages
    Golf, bowling, and Blu-ray
    TRAVEL
    Getting Slim & Trim
    And everything astronomical, cosmological, whatever can be measured in light-years.....out there in that Great Big Magnificent Universe!!

Posted 22 September 2018 - 05:54 PM

View Postsnowdogged, on 22 September 2018 - 05:27 PM, said:

View Postgoose, on 22 September 2018 - 11:56 AM, said:

View Postsnowdogged, on 21 September 2018 - 09:17 PM, said:

This is the Captain Marvel that I remember. I guess that I am just old.
Posted Image

She's hot, but her boobs are a bit small.

....but, something else is huge!

Superheroes are like bodybuilders.  They spend so much time and energy increasing their muscle mass, when all it does is make "something else" look really small.....

#16 theredtamasrule

theredtamasrule

    The Elitist Booby Type

  • Members
  • 9031 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Central KY

Posted 23 September 2018 - 08:31 AM

View Postsnowdogged, on 21 September 2018 - 09:17 PM, said:

This is the Captain Marvel that I remember. I guess that I am just old.
Posted Image

That looks like Captain Impossibly Gay.

#17 JohnnyBlaze

JohnnyBlaze

    The Ghost Rider

  • Members *
  • 32270 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 23 September 2018 - 09:24 AM

View PostJohnnyBlaze, on 21 September 2018 - 11:42 PM, said:

View Postsnowdogged, on 21 September 2018 - 09:17 PM, said:

This is the Captain Marvel that I remember. I guess that I am just old.
Posted Image

And that’s the one I’ve been talking about in this thread in regards to who I think Jude Law is portraying: Mar-Vell, the original Captain Marvel. They still haven’t announced who he is. Not sure why that info is being held back but it makes me think Law’s not actually portraying Mar-Vell but someone else OR a butchered MCU version of him.

So it looks like Law’s portraying Mar-Vell after all. Not a bad pick. Just wonder how comic accurate he’ll be. I don’t want to see any Yondu or Starhawk level character f**k ups in the MCU anymore :blaze:

#18 goose

goose

    Honkin' in Nevada

  • Members *
  • 61823 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Sierra Nevada foothills, East Slope
  • Interests:marxism

Posted 24 September 2018 - 10:51 PM

Posted Image

#19 JohnnyBlaze

JohnnyBlaze

    The Ghost Rider

  • Members *
  • 32270 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 25 September 2018 - 03:24 AM

View Postgoose, on 24 September 2018 - 10:51 PM, said:

Posted Image

Now there’s the REAL Captain Impossibly Gay! :P

Yeah he definitely is Captain Marvel but many if not most think his name is Shazam. There had been some legal issues with the name decades ago. These days, DC & Marvel are each allowed to have a character named Captain Marvel but only Marvel can have a comic TITLED “Captain Marvel”.

This looks pretty crap to me:
https://m.youtube.co...eature=youtu.be

#20 Airship2112

Airship2112

    The Seeker

  • Members
  • 198 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 27 September 2018 - 10:19 PM

Shazam looks better IMO (1) SHAZAM! - Official Teaser Trailer [HD] - YouTube




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users