Grace Under Pressure Tour DVD

Thunder Bay Rush

I watched this one again last night and I must say, that the sound quality is probably the best of all their live DVD shows. Not just the recording and production quality, but the BAND's quality. Geddy sings perfectly, the whole band sounds SO good. From some odd reason, they did not include Neil's solo on it. And, his drums sound good, better than the nasty DW drums he has been using for a while now.
  • Like 2

I watched this one again last night and I must say, that the sound quality is probably the best of all their live DVD shows. Not just the recording and production quality, but the BAND's quality. Geddy sings perfectly, the whole band sounds SO good. From some odd reason, they did not include Neil's solo on it. And, his drums sound good, better than the nasty DW drums he has been using for a while now.

I don't like how they mastered the DVD. When I pull this out it's the DVD rip from the video or the CD bootleg. Almost never grab the DVD. (Same with Exit... and Hands.) Great show though.

Wish there was more of it but that was a long as they wanted it I guess.

I agree they were at the peak of their powers as a live band from that tour right through the early 90s. And the concert does sound great. If I remember correctly Terry Brown returned to aid in the sound mix. Those GuP songs sparkle live because of it. Henderson was a poor choice for the album.

Rush's Grace Under Pressure Tour concert was my first time seeing Rush in concert live in person. It was in 1984 in Toronto at Maple Leaf Gardens. When some of the concert was recorded, and filmed for release, I'm thinking if I was there on the same night. From Replay X 3, I own a d.v.d., and c.d. copy of it. I wish the whole concert was recorded, filmed, and released. Edited by Derek19

I wonder if the whole show exists somewhere. Maybe for the Grace 40th anniversary release in 2024 . . .

Oh man ... don't tease me .... :goodone:

I'd be all over that if they released the whole show, especially if they cleaned it up on BluRay.

If a whole recording was filmed of the concert does exist, and released, I would think that a lot of us Rush fans will buy to own that. If a whole recording was filmed of it is on-line, maybe, it was downloaded onto the "Youtube" website. For sure of knowing, I haven't done a really deep search.

I enjoyed that show less than the previous two tours and less than the next. It was the shortest show they ever did from the time i first saw them live in 1981 at 1 hour and 45 minutes, but i loved the video of that show, which i was at. The band has stated that the rest of the show was shot on video but they did not save it after the video was produced.

I remember something Geddy, Alex, and Neil said about that. If there may've been any problems, and issues, and or whatever else, maybe, it should've been saved because you never know what can happen, and if anything came up.

I enjoyed that show less than the previous two tours and less than the next. It was the shortest show they ever did from the time i first saw them live in 1981 at 1 hour and 45 minutes, but i loved the video of that show, which i was at. The band has stated that the rest of the show was shot on video but they did not save it after the video was produced.

No reason to keep it. Nearly impossible to foresee that technology might have made it useful in the future. Al least the bootlegs exist.

If true it's maddening. How difficult would it be to save a few video tapes? Shooting film could be costly - 4 cameras shooting a 2 hour concert runs into a bit of expense, quadruple the film stock, processing transferring to tape. A bit of an ordeal especially if there's a tight budget. But a multi-camera video shoot? Press play/record, let the tape runs and Voila - you have a complete show, keep the masters on a shelf and that's it.

I attended both shows at MLG in 1984. Cameras were in full swing both nights - if the complete shows don't exist, that's some short sighted nonsense by someone in a position of responsibility.

• Like 1