Jump to content


When on TV?


9 replies to this topic

#1 shabadoo25

shabadoo25

    Long Awaited Froind

  • Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 18 September 2018 - 01:02 PM

The Time Machine and CA tours run fairly regularly on the cable/satellite music stations, like MTV Live.

Why has R40 not made an appearance yet?  Any idea?

Sponsored Post

#2 blueschica

blueschica

    What the Puck?

  • Members
  • 7898 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Central Pa
  • Interests:Camping, gardening, muscle cars, NASCAR, Rush!

Posted 18 September 2018 - 05:06 PM

Ray Danniels is still hoping to sell more copies?  :huh:  I dunno, I got nuthin'.

#3 ytserush

ytserush

    The Professor

  • Members *
  • 4487 posts
  • Gender:Not Telling
  • Location:United States

Posted 18 September 2018 - 06:09 PM

View Postshabadoo25, on 18 September 2018 - 01:02 PM, said:

The Time Machine and CA tours run fairly regularly on the cable/satellite music stations, like MTV Live.

Why has R40 not made an appearance yet?  Any idea?

VH1 Classic ended a few months before R40 was released.  That's my guess anyway.

Edited by ytserush, 18 September 2018 - 06:10 PM.


#4 J2112YYZ

J2112YYZ

    The Oracle

  • Members
  • 11593 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Buffalo, NY

Posted 18 September 2018 - 10:56 PM

Since it's copy written content, the station probably has to pay somebody something in order to show it on tv. Maybe that's why R40 hasn't been aired yet.

#5 Airship2112

Airship2112

    The Seeker

  • Members
  • 198 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 18 September 2018 - 11:18 PM

why bother with R40 on tv if you already own it on dvd

#6 blueschica

blueschica

    What the Puck?

  • Members
  • 7898 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Central Pa
  • Interests:Camping, gardening, muscle cars, NASCAR, Rush!

Posted 19 September 2018 - 11:31 AM

View PostAirship2112, on 18 September 2018 - 11:18 PM, said:

why bother with R40 on tv if you already own it on dvd
I like when they're on TV, even when I own the DVD.  The idea of a shared experience is cool, and there's always the chance that someone new will see it and become a Rush fan! :heart: :heart: :heart:

#7 toymaker

toymaker

    The God Of Balance

  • Members
  • 6633 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Ontario
  • Interests:Songwriting and recording, cycling, movies, guitar and bass collecting

Posted 19 September 2018 - 01:19 PM

View Postblueschica, on 19 September 2018 - 11:31 AM, said:

View PostAirship2112, on 18 September 2018 - 11:18 PM, said:

why bother with R40 on tv if you already own it on dvd
I like when they're on TV, even when I own the DVD.  The idea of a shared experience is cool, and there's always the chance that someone new will see it and become a Rush fan! :heart: :heart: :heart:

As much as I hate to say it . . . and I love the effort and passion that Lee pours into his singing . . . I am starting to find it tough to watch him struggling.  R40 is an incredible feat as a show, a fantastic sendoff . . . but I think I'd want any prospective fans watching some of the older classic shows.

#8 J2112YYZ

J2112YYZ

    The Oracle

  • Members
  • 11593 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Buffalo, NY

Posted 19 September 2018 - 07:36 PM

View Posttoymaker, on 19 September 2018 - 01:19 PM, said:

View Postblueschica, on 19 September 2018 - 11:31 AM, said:

View PostAirship2112, on 18 September 2018 - 11:18 PM, said:

why bother with R40 on tv if you already own it on dvd
I like when they're on TV, even when I own the DVD.  The idea of a shared experience is cool, and there's always the chance that someone new will see it and become a Rush fan! :heart: :heart: :heart:

As much as I hate to say it . . . and I love the effort and passion that Lee pours into his singing . . . I am starting to find it tough to watch him struggling.  R40 is an incredible feat as a show, a fantastic sendoff . . . but I think I'd want any prospective fans watching some of the older classic shows.

But a new fan has nothing to compare Geddy's voice to like long time fans. So it would probably sound good to their ears.

#9 snowdogged

snowdogged

    Ultimate Time-Killing Sig

  • Members *
  • 5169 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Montreal
  • Interests:Yo momma

Posted 20 September 2018 - 05:15 AM

View PostJ2112YYZ, on 19 September 2018 - 07:36 PM, said:

View Posttoymaker, on 19 September 2018 - 01:19 PM, said:

View Postblueschica, on 19 September 2018 - 11:31 AM, said:

View PostAirship2112, on 18 September 2018 - 11:18 PM, said:

why bother with R40 on tv if you already own it on dvd
I like when they're on TV, even when I own the DVD.  The idea of a shared experience is cool, and there's always the chance that someone new will see it and become a Rush fan! :heart: :heart: :heart:

As much as I hate to say it . . . and I love the effort and passion that Lee pours into his singing . . . I am starting to find it tough to watch him struggling.  R40 is an incredible feat as a show, a fantastic sendoff . . . but I think I'd want any prospective fans watching some of the older classic shows.

But a new fan has nothing to compare Geddy's voice to like long time fans. So it would probably sound good to their ears.
I find that you get more bang for your buck from Geddy's voice on R40. There are many more syllables than on any of the other live shows.

#10 ytserush

ytserush

    The Professor

  • Members *
  • 4487 posts
  • Gender:Not Telling
  • Location:United States

Posted 21 September 2018 - 05:06 PM

View Posttoymaker, on 19 September 2018 - 01:19 PM, said:

View Postblueschica, on 19 September 2018 - 11:31 AM, said:

View PostAirship2112, on 18 September 2018 - 11:18 PM, said:

why bother with R40 on tv if you already own it on dvd
I like when they're on TV, even when I own the DVD.  The idea of a shared experience is cool, and there's always the chance that someone new will see it and become a Rush fan! :heart: :heart: :heart:

As much as I hate to say it . . . and I love the effort and passion that Lee pours into his singing . . . I am starting to find it tough to watch him struggling.  R40 is an incredible feat as a show, a fantastic sendoff . . . but I think I'd want any prospective fans watching some of the older classic shows.

I prefer Clockwork Angels Live myself. I think it has more vitality to it.



Reply to this topic



  


0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users