W O W Happy 48th anniversary

custom55

Released this day in 1970. I remember after seeing this gatefold, I wanted Bill Ward's star shirt.

Such a cool and iconic photo

24696703877_6bc0112091_o.jpg

Edited by custom55
  • Like 11

One of the few albums I can play all the way through note for note on guitar.

A milestone in music history.

Planet Caravan is my fave Sabbath song.

Planet Caravan !!! Awesome.

My LP had a scratch on Planet Caravan and to this day, when I hear the song, I expect to hear the skip.

• Like 1

I was at this show. Didn't hear the soundcheck though. Pantera was the opener so it was a heavy evening.

http://youtu.be/i34MMq3yIgA

42959128360_e4881a5275.jpg

Saw the same tour at The Forum in LA in January Pantera was there too. Helluva show

Edited by driventotheedge

First Played to me by a cousin at the Memorial Day Graveyard Bash my Dad's side of the SE Mich. contingent of his family, along with The First EL&P album. Had both albums by the end of 1971. and in spring of 1972, my Mathematics teacher let us play the whole album in class on the last day of 8th grade!

HKDUvUd.gif

• Like 1

Never saw the gatefold album picture until the end of the '80's. It caused my New Year's resolution for 1990 to be growing out my mullet like Geezer's or Bill's. I kept that look for some 20 or so years.

I just saw Ozzy a couple weeks ago. He STILL does 3 songs from this album, and he didn't play Iron Man. This album is flawless.

I wish he'd come up to the Northwest. Want to see him one more time. So far, nothing up our way........

• Like 1

Custom 55, W O W? What does this mean? This is the PARANOID album. Google gives only World of Warcraft.

ttgP6E7.gif

I just saw Ozzy a couple weeks ago. He STILL does 3 songs from this album, and he didn't play Iron Man. This album is flawless.

I wish he'd come up to the Northwest. Want to see him one more time. So far, nothing up our way........

Me too. Saw him last at the Tacoma Dome in 2011 (?) He was in pretty good form that night. I bet tickets would be kinda pricey. Don't know why Seattle is getting skipped. We're not all neo-hippies. We still like metal.

Still bummed I couldn't make the last Rush tour.

Edited by ozzy85

Me too. Saw him last at the Tacoma Dome in 2011 (?) He was in pretty good form that night. I bet tickets would be kinda pricey. Don't know why Seattle is getting skipped. We're not all neo-hippies. We still like metal.

My sympathies. Saw R40 in Portland.

My last time seeing Ozzy was Sabbath at the Gorge in I believe '13 on the 13 tour.Last time solo was quite a long time ago, like 2000 maybe.

Edited by driventotheedge

War Pigs was the first heavy metal song I ever fell in love with. Unfortunately (for me) it was the Faith No More cover (which is respectable). But I didn't know was a cover, and it took me like 10 more years to realize it was a Sabbath song. lol

Now that I've thoroughly enjoyed most of their catalog over the years I'd rank this as their best.

My sympathies. Saw R40 in Portland.

My last time seeing Ozzy was Sabbath at the Gorge in I believe '13 on the 13 tour.Last time solo was quite a long time ago, like 2000 maybe.

I hadn't seen him solo since the Bark at the Moon tour.

• Like 1

Can ANYONE here tell me what the F*%^$#^^ 'W O W' means in the original post on this thread.

9oTOaab.jpg

Edited by OldRUSHfan