New Purchases...

OldRUSHfan

On a more positive note, one of the reasons I like following this thread is it reminds me of artists I've once loved and don't listen to much anymore, or need to 'rediscover'. It's only through our memories that music lives on. Yes, that also applies to loved ones and pets.
  • Like 1

Anyway, I too remember that the album was a shot of adrenalin for Johnny! Made people realize he was a real talent, and always had been.

I'm afraid what happens is music falls into and out of favor, kinda like fashion and other things that hinge on style. Few songs from an era get played much after that era ends. Really, only the greatest music of each generation gets any attention from the next generation. And even then, after a few generations pass there's fewer and fewer people actively listening to an artist. The Beatles are fading. No shit. A very tiny percent of young people like or seek out their music, and most of their original fans from the 60s and 70s are dead or dying. It's a sad way to look at OUR time on this earth, but it really puts things into perspective. Even blazing stars fade out on a long enough timeline. Since almost none of us fit that description, we're more like cosmic blips. Anyway, good morning. :P

That's What I'm using this thread for from now on myself. Thanks for putting my thoughts into usable words also!

qZ2cAX3.gif

That's partly why I made this thread! Just received part of my order of the Krokus albums I used to have on Vinyl. Also received my album of "Wild Thing The Very Best Of The Troggs" I find a bunch of songs from the Series DVD's I watch. "With A Girl Like You" was a song I got from CSI:NY, and I've got a BUNCH of newer type 'popular' stuff from that show, NCIS, and the original CSI, and other shows. The Troggs tune was one i Might have remembered from what I listened to on AM radio way back when. The first song I remember hearing was "The Lion Sleeps Tonight, Wimoweh" by The Tokens on the radio in the fall of '61 when my sister was babysitting me once...

NAGAdFC.gif

• Like 1

Just got the last of my purchases for The end of Feb. and early March. The Burton Cummings Collection, The History of The Dave Clark Five, The Soundtrack of Out Lives- Golden Greats No. 1, The Best of Gerry And The Pacemakers, The Rolling Stones- Undercover, Witherfall- Nocturns And Requiems, Witherfall- A Prelude to Sorrow, RAMONES- Anthology,

The Essential CLASH, Scorpions- Taken By Force, Kamelot- Epica, Kamelot- The Shadow Theory, Heart- Jupiter's Darling, Heart- Fanatic, Heart- Red Velvet Car, Heart- Beautiful and Broken. Wow. that's A BIG addition to my library!

JfBqEb7.jpg

• Like 3

I really should have some Heart in my collection. A truly great band. My parents liked them quite a bit, so I think there was a stigma in my mind with them as a result ("parent's music... ew!"). Moody Blues, Boston, Fleetwood Mac. So many great 70s and 80s rock bands I don't listen to on my own but probably would/should.

So... I guess now I need to acquire some of these band's music! :P

• Like 1

I should note, a few years ago I got Back in Black (ac/dc) because I like a few songs off it, and it was perhaps the first of my parent's music I've owned for my own enjoyment. But that's the only one I can think of.
  • Like 1

"Razamanaz" and Tom Waits' "Swordfishtrombones" arrived today and are already burned on my Comp. YAY!

2QaJ2Se.jpg

• Like 1

Just got the last of my purchases for The end of Feb. and early March. The Burton Cummings Collection, The History of The Dave Clark Five, The Soundtrack of Out Lives- Golden Greats No. 1, The Best of Gerry And The Pacemakers, The Rolling Stones- Undercover, Witherfall- Nocturns And Requiems, Witherfall- A Prelude to Sorrow, RAMONES- Anthology,

The Essential CLASH, Scorpions- Taken By Force, Kamelot- Epica, Kamelot- The Shadow Theory, Heart- Jupiter's Darling, Heart- Fanatic, Heart- Red Velvet Car, Heart- Beautiful and Broken. Wow. that's A BIG addition to my library!

JfBqEb7.jpg

Jupiter's Darling is a fantastic album.

• Like 1

JfBqEb7.jpg

Jupiter's Darling is a fantastic album.

Yes It Is.

qZ2cAX3.gif

That's partly why I made this thread! Just received part of my order of the Krokus albums I used to have on Vinyl. Also received my album of "Wild Thing The Very Best Of The Troggs" I find a bunch of songs from the Series DVD's I watch. "With A Girl Like You" was a song I got from CSI:NY, and I've got a BUNCH of newer type 'popular' stuff from that show, NCIS, and the original CSI, and other shows. The Troggs tune was one i Might have remembered from what I listened to on AM radio way back when. The first song I remember hearing was "The Lion Sleeps Tonight, Wimoweh" by The Tokens on the radio in the fall of '61 when my sister was babysitting me once...

NAGAdFC.gif

Cool!

"Girl in Black" is an excellent tune with highly suspect drumming.

Sounds kinda early Who-ish. :ebert:

You know this one, ORFie?

Great Keith Moon-esque drumming!

http://www.thewho.net/whotabs/images/drums/1966_red-spk-kit_side.jpg

Who needs a hi-hat when you have yellow pants. :huh:

All of The King Gizzatd albums showed up today, and they're all burned on the comp. My second Tom Waits album, "Frank's Wild Years" arrived also. and is burned.

2QaJ2Se.jpg

• Like 2

I should note, a few years ago I got Back in Black (ac/dc) because I like a few songs off it, and it was perhaps the first of my parent's music I've owned for my own enjoyment. But that's the only one I can think of.

Talking of 'Parent's Music', MY parents were born it the early 20th century, [My Dad Sept. '1918, my Mother, July of 1922] and so THEIR music was quite eclectic to our ears, but this one thing holds true to me. GOOD MUSIC IS GOOD MUSIC! I now own a bunch of stuff popular durring Their lives, Frank Sinatra, Bing Crosby, Bent Fabric, my cousins, The Calhoun Twins, Jimmy Rodgers, etc. Mom liked the SOFT tunes from Rush, but couldn't really stand the Metal stuff...She loved the Beatles And Rolling Stones early stuff and NO SCREAMING Same with my Dad. Any non traditional vocals were called [pardon the word] ['n*****' screaming] I TRIED. lol

2QaJ2Se.jpg

Edited by OldRUSHfan
  • Like 2

Old people are so cute. And racist. :P

Some may be, but I'm NOT. at the tender age of 9, in '67, I yelled at my Dad for putting down Black people in Detroit because of the Riots there. I've always thought treating others badly because of the color of their skin was PLAIN STUPID. I've RUN INTO racist folks. And OLD ones also. My first wife and I had an Apartment made from an old house in Ypsilanti, just down from the Eastern Michigan University Water tower. I was sitting on the front porch after taking a walk, and this Black old guy gave me the 'stiff digit' after I said a nice "HI" to him. The apartment was on Summit Street, and the water tower was at the North end of Summit.

PcIOHW9.jpg

nEGgleK.jpg

Edited by OldRUSHfan
  • Like 1

More King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard! Float Along- Fill Your Lungs, Skiptracing, Flying Microtonal Banana, Polygonwanaland And preorded Fishing for Fishies, Just bought "Quarters" on digial MP3, and transferred to ACC format on my iTunes..."Gumboot Soup" is also ordered.

MhAtB9Y.jpg

• Like 2

Some may be, but I'm NOT. at the tender age of 9, in '67, I yelled at my Dad for putting down Black people in Detroit because of the Riots there. I've always thought treating others badly because of the color of their skin was PLAIN STUPID. I've RUN INTO racist folks. And OLD ones also. My first wife and I had an Apartment made from an old house in Ypsilanti, just down from the Eastern Michigan University Water tower. I was sitting on the front porch after taking a walk, and this Black old guy gave me the 'stiff digit' after I said a nice "HI" to him. The apartment was on Summit Street, and the water tower was at the North end of Summit.

PcIOHW9.jpg

nEGgleK.jpg

This pic should be posted on the "Unintentional Penis Thread" :LOL:

• Like 3

"Weird Scenes Inside The Gold Mine" Showed up yesterday, and probably my LAST Doors Album, the double CD, "Other Voices" and "Full Circle", The First was the seventh studio album, and the first without Jim Morrison after his death, and the Second, "Full Circle" was the eighth Studio album, but the final song on the remaster Is "Treetrunk" the B-side to the U.K. single of "Get Up And Dance". one of only three single sides not actually on an LP.

2QaJ2Se.jpg

• Like 1

This is a Cross-over from the Video Thread. Just Purchased the entire "Miami Vice" collection from Jan Hammer. Box Set, and I'm hoping That the entire Theme song [approx. 4 minutes long,] is there some where. I remembered it from hearing it on the radio. It's basically The original theme plus the other Miami Vice [instrumental] off of the original CD. I used to have a program called DECK on my first Macintosh Performa, where I married the two songs into what I'd heard on the radio. That DECK program was TOO COOL! It's probably still around, and VERY UPGRADED. I should check it out. Not now though.

GNo5Obt.gif

Some may be, but I'm NOT.

I was referring to your parents.

My Dad may have had leanings towards being a racist towards Black folks, but he had MANY Black FRIENDS, and so I don't believe he was an out-and-out racist. I know my Mom didn't go anywhere NEAR those leanings, and after I gave Dad that 'talking to' in '67, he never displayed that tendency in front of ME anymore...

GNo5Obt.gif

Queen, Hungarian Rhapsody: Queen Live in Budapest. From the Magic tour. Freddie's last. 2 CD, 1 Blu-ray set. Pretty good sound for a live recording from 1986. Edited by Mr. JD
  • Like 1

"Weird Scenes Inside The Gold Mine" Showed up yesterday, and probably my LAST Doors Album, the double CD, "Other Voices" and "Full Circle", The First was the seventh studio album, and the first without Jim Morrison after his death, and the Second, "Full Circle" was the eighth Studio album, but the final song on the remaster Is "Treetrunk" the B-side to the U.K. single of "Get Up And Dance". one of only three single sides not actually on an LP.

2QaJ2Se.jpg

The post-Morrison albums are pretty good in my opinion. Not essential by any means, but good!

• Like 1