New Purchases...

OldRUSHfan

Received the Beatle's "Free As A Bird" single yesterday that has three other songs from the Anthology albums on it. Excellent song, John!

9oTOaab.jpg

• Like 1

Received "Humble Pie - Natural Born Bugie: The Immediate Anthology" IMMEDIATE being the Label that Humble Pie started out on. Double CD with a TON of songs that weren't on the latest Anthology I got a few days ago....bringing my younger days into focus...

7Ih36Xs.png

• Like 1

Just received Iron Maiden's Powerslave today. something about hearing another TRFer playing "Rime of The Ancient Mariner" in the 'What are you listening to' thread got my attention. I already have Piece of Mind, and Somewhere In Time albums....great stuff! Also got Essential Mozart earlier this week. I remember a lot of tune I didn't remember the title of....I love this man's music!

2QaJ2Se.jpg

Edited by OldRUSHfan
  • Like 1

Just received "At Your Birthday Party" by Steppenwolf today, and "Monster" by them last week. Used to have "At Your Birthday Party"on Vinyl. Got it as a present sometime...Missed it!

MhAtB9Y.jpg

• Like 2

Just received VOLA- applause of a distant crowd, and it is in my collection now...

8WGDYdP.gifznnbTOx.gif

Just received "At Your Birthday Party" by Steppenwolf today, and "Monster" by them last week. Used to have "At Your Birthday Party"on Vinyl. Got it as a present sometime...Missed it!

MhAtB9Y.jpg

Steppenwolf's album "The Second" is pretty damn good. One of those albums that just sounds like the 60's.

Recieved Donna Summer's "The Journey- The Very Best of Donna Summer." My first wife used to have a tape or vinyl of the hit "She works Hard for the money" and I thought I'd had that song on a disco CD I bought 20 years ago. after the divorce. Well, I hadn't now I have all the songs she put out that I can remember....

parDk2c.jpg

Back to my favorite record store on earth!

Alice Cooper - School's Out

Starcastle - Starcastle

Max Webster - Universal Juveniles

Uriah Heep - Salisbury

Shadowfax - Shadowdance

Just received Iron Maiden's Powerslave today. something about hearing another TRFer playing "Rime of The Ancient Mariner" in the 'What are you listening to' thread got my attention. I already have Piece of Mind, and Somewhere In Time albums....great stuff! Also got Essential Mozart earlier this week. I remember a lot of tune I didn't remember the title of....I love this man's music!

2QaJ2Se.jpg

Mozart is THE MAN!! Do you have the first 2 Maiden albums ORF? They are my two favorite Maiden albums.
  • Like 1

2QaJ2Se.jpg

Mozart is THE MAN!! Do you have the first 2 Maiden albums ORF? They are my two favorite Maiden albums.

I'll check those out Mithrandir! Just purchased The first Three albums....Always wanted The Number Of The Beast, but never purchased it til now...

MhAtB9Y.jpg

What is this "buy" you speak of?

What are YOU talking about? To Which post are you referring? Huh? WHAT???

pcG2tzV.gif

2QaJ2Se.jpg

I'll check those out Mithrandir! Just purchased The first Three albums....Always wanted The Number Of The Beast, but never purchased it til now...

MhAtB9Y.jpg

Just got the first three albums, Mithrandir, all 2015 remasters, and this group is THE TITS, MAN! [TITS used to be a term my friends and I and most of the male people in this area used to describe something that was ULTIMATELY COOL in my teens and up till NOW for ME!] Now I REALLY wish I'd bought those first albums way back when! Always liked the 'Eddie' concept...been a skeleton and skull fan since I was a kid. I used to color Haunted Houses, with scary characters you could see through the windows...HA!

qZ2cAX3.gif

• Like 1

Recieved Donna Summer's "The Journey- The Very Best of Donna Summer." My first wife used to have a tape or vinyl of the hit "She works Hard for the money" and I thought I'd had that song on a disco CD I bought 20 years ago. after the divorce. Well, I hadn't now I have all the songs she put out that I can remember....

parDk2c.jpg

Just got the second half of what I bought that day, The Three CD set of Donna stuff that I didn't have Then. There were some songs the same, but this deluxe set had some cool extras!

JiLPPdH.jpg

• Like 1

The Doors. Had Four Albums before today. The Original 1st album, and The Best of The Doors. Next I purchased Morrison Hotel back in the nineties, because I'd just learned that that was the album with the song "Waiting For The Sun" even though that was the name of an earlier album, And just a few years ago, "L.A. Woman 40 Anniversary Edition". Now, I just received "Strange Days", "Waiting For The Sun" and "The Soft Parade", The Second, Third and Fourth albums. Remembered a bunch of tunes I've been missing... since they were on the radio...

MhAtB9Y.jpg

• Like 2

Procol Harum and "Friday On My Mind" by The Easybeats arrived today.

Procol Harum was a REAL surprise. The original album, plus literally TONS of Extras. Alternate takes, stereo/mono mixes, BBC takes, even Live takes...

9drYdIp.jpg

kjmG3b1.jpg

This is The Group that made the song "Friday On My Mind" a hit in 1966. It made it big in the U.S. and around the globe. Being an 'Australian' group, [the band's parents had moved there for various reasons] George Young, and Harry Vanda, the writers of the song, and yes, George Young is the older sibling of both Angus and Malcolm Young of AC/DC. In 2007, "Friday on My Mind" was added to the National Film and Sound Archive's Sounds of Australia registry. It was a song that stuck in my mind even though I never bought the '45' of it, just like "The Last Time" by The Rolling Stones. Since then, I've found out, through my meanderings, that The Who Also made a recording of "The Last Time" during their recording days...[i own THAT too! I'm into odd things!]

NAGAdFC.gif

• Like 1

Received The third album by New England, "Walking Wild" today, I've Had The original first album since it came out in 1978, the hit was "Don't Ever Wanna Lose Ya" which was Kinda big on the radio here in the States...Paul Stanley of KISS helped to produce it. and though I saw the 2nd album when It came out, I didn't buy it. Don't know WHY, probably lack of funds. now it is on the way to completing the three that are still out there.POVfQyl.jpgtGkgeQR.jpgcbKZBj5.jpg

2QaJ2Se.jpg

Edited by OldRUSHfan
  • Like 1

The Second New England album arrived today, and the Johnny Cash album I ordered on Monday. It's the one Where Johnny did some 'modern' songs "Rusty Cage" by Soundgarden among others. His album is called "Unchained" and it's a GREAT ALBUM!

7mADHPM.jpg

JiLPPdH.jpg

• Like 4

The Second New England album arrived today, and the Johnny Cash album I ordered on Monday. It's the one Where Johnny did some 'modern' songs "Rusty Cage" by Soundgarden among others. His album is called "Unchained" and it's a GREAT ALBUM!

7mADHPM.jpg

JiLPPdH.jpg

I remember this when it was released. Good album. Kinda resurrected a stalled career if I recall.

• Like 1

Are my posts being deleted or something? I remember responding to this post by Stupid...

Anyway, I too remember that the album was a shot of adrenalin for Johnny! Made people realize he was a real talent, and always had been.

2QaJ2Se.jpg

Just Received Black Sabbath's "13". got interested from CSI, The original series season14. When Black Sabbath was in an episode. Excellent album!

MhAtB9Y.jpg

• Like 2

Anyway, I too remember that the album was a shot of adrenalin for Johnny! Made people realize he was a real talent, and always had been.

I'm afraid what happens is music falls into and out of favor, kinda like fashion and other things that hinge on style. Few songs from an era get played much after that era ends. Really, only the greatest music of each generation gets any attention from the next generation. And even then, after a few generations pass there's fewer and fewer people actively listening to an artist. The Beatles are fading. No shit. A very tiny percent of young people like or seek out their music, and most of their original fans from the 60s and 70s are dead or dying. It's a sad way to look at OUR time on this earth, but it really puts things into perspective. Even blazing stars fade out on a long enough timeline. Since almost none of us fit that description, we're more like cosmic blips. Anyway, good morning. :P

• Like 1