ANY type of music

• Please log in to reply
193 replies to this topic

#181 blueschica

blueschica

What the Puck?

• Members
  • 10720 posts
  • Interests:Camping, gardening, muscle cars, NASCAR, Rush!

Posted 25 December 2019 - 03:51 PM

View PostOldRUSHfan, on 24 December 2019 - 11:01 PM, said:

View Postblueschica, on 24 December 2019 - 10:46 PM, said:

View PostOldRUSHfan, on 23 December 2019 - 07:52 PM, said:

Just recieved Santana III from a seller at Discogs. Discogs is a GREAT site! The help you find just about anything in any media and connect you with people that want to sell it to you.
Posted Image

It is a great site! I had a lot of fun this fall getting some vinyls from different sellers there!
How are the vinyls you get from the sellers? Decent?  Good condition? I go for CDs all the time, and I've Never had a bad one yet...
Posted Image

I have been very happy with them so far! The vinyls are graded and someone told me stick with very good plus , or near mint . I got one  NM because it was important to me but the rest are vg+  and have been wonderful. I don't care about the covers much.

Sponsored Post

#182 OldRUSHfan

OldRUSHfan

OrneryGRUMPYfan

• Members *
  • 10038 posts
  • Interests:MUSIC, Driving, The Outdoors, Disc Golf, building plastic models [Of almost all kinds], having fun,Talking with friends!

Posted 30 December 2019 - 08:35 PM

Just recoeved my Extemded Release UFO "Strangers In The Night" live album from the people who had it in Europe.  Two extra songs on it, aleardy have the original U.S. version from '95.  The two 'extra' songs are "Hot 'n' Ready" and "Cherry".I Heard both on the Tour I saw in Detroit on May 13th '79
Posted Image

#183 Turbine Freight

Turbine Freight

Many Happy Returns

• Members *
  • 8486 posts

Posted 31 December 2019 - 06:09 PM

View PostOldRUSHfan, on 30 December 2019 - 08:35 PM, said:

Just recoeved my Extemded Release UFO "Strangers In The Night" live album from the people who had it in Europe.  Two extra songs on it, aleardy have the original U.S. version from '95.  The two 'extra' songs are "Hot 'n' Ready" and "Cherry".I Heard both on the Tour I saw in Detroit on May 13th '79
Posted Image

Absolute classic.

#184 OldRUSHfan

OldRUSHfan

OrneryGRUMPYfan

• Members *
  • 10038 posts
  • Interests:MUSIC, Driving, The Outdoors, Disc Golf, building plastic models [Of almost all kinds], having fun,Talking with friends!

Posted 04 February 2020 - 06:09 PM

I have just recieved the ALMAH- Motion album that I learned about last weekend...No one said that it's LATIN progressive rock. not that that changes my mind about it at all.  I LIKE IT!
Posted Image

#185 Presto-digitation

Presto-digitation

Creative Writing 101

• Members
  • 10744 posts
  • Interests:Music, movies, my family....my goofy Shih Tzu.

Posted 08 February 2020 - 03:57 PM

New Green Day

#186 stoopid

stoopid

Superconductor

• Members
  • 1472 posts
  • Interests:Music, climbing, birds

Posted 09 February 2020 - 05:05 PM

Miles Davis, Kind of Blue hybrid sacd (5.1) Japan import, available on eBay  [UPC 4547366033267]

Mixed to make you feel like you're in the room with the band.  Best I've heard this album.

Edited by stoopid, 09 February 2020 - 05:06 PM.

#187 OldRUSHfan

OldRUSHfan

OrneryGRUMPYfan

• Members *
  • 10038 posts

Posted 19 February 2020 - 03:17 PM

Just Recieved "Checkered Flag" by Dick Dale, (The King of Surf Guitar) The Story of Why I Needed this album is in the "Albums you've listened to today" thread.  People have been playing wicked guiar since the electric guitar was introduced.  Dick Dale was one of them!  Dick was one of the people who helped Fender invent the first 100 watt Guitar amplifier!
Posted ImagePosted Image

Edited by OldRUSHfan, 19 February 2020 - 03:20 PM.

#188 Blue J

Blue J

Official SOCN Designated Driver

• Members *
  • 20741 posts

Posted 23 February 2020 - 08:20 PM

Just bought the Jethro Tull 40th anniversary edition of War Child, 2CD/2DVD. Can’t wait to see it arrive!

So the only other one of those fantastic 40th anniversary sets I’m missing is Thick as a Brick.

#189 Blue J

Blue J

Official SOCN Designated Driver

• Members *
  • 20741 posts

Posted 23 February 2020 - 08:21 PM

View PostOldRUSHfan, on 19 February 2020 - 03:17 PM, said:

Just Recieved "Checkered Flag" by Dick Dale, (The King of Surf Guitar) The Story of Why I Needed this album is in the "Albums you've listened to today" thread.  People have been playing wicked guiar since the electric guitar was introduced.  Dick Dale was one of them!  Dick was one of the people who helped Fender invent the first 100 watt Guitar amplifier!
Posted ImagePosted Image

Dick Dale was a guitar god! Good call, ORFie.

#190 RUSHHEAD666

RUSHHEAD666

My name is Earl

• Members
  • 38642 posts

Posted 23 February 2020 - 09:41 PM

View PostTurbine Freight, on 31 December 2019 - 06:09 PM, said:

View PostOldRUSHfan, on 30 December 2019 - 08:35 PM, said:

Posted Image

Absolute classic.

Interesting.  I am spinning my Japanese pressing "Walk On Water" tonight.  A classic reunion record.  Comes with a Schenker pick!

#191 OldRUSHfan

OldRUSHfan

OrneryGRUMPYfan

• Members *
  • 10038 posts

Posted 24 February 2020 - 10:05 PM

View PostBlue J, on 23 February 2020 - 08:20 PM, said:

Just bought the Jethro Tull 40th anniversary edition of War Child, 2CD/2DVD. Can’t wait to see it arrive!

So the only other one of those fantastic 40th anniversary sets I’m missing is Thick as a Brick.

Now I WANT This.  This is one of my favorite albums.  The second Jethro Tull album I owned.And with all the 40th Aniversary albums I own now, there are usually extras which really KICK ARSE!
Posted Image

#192 Entre_Perpetuo

Entre_Perpetuo

Queenmaster

• Members
  • 10423 posts
  • Interests:Music, architecture, and childhood hobbies.

Posted 20 March 2020 - 10:35 PM

This week:

Vinyl:
The Yellowjackets - Menage À Trois
Brand X - Product
Weather Report - Mr. Gone
Journey - Evolution
King Crimson - Starless And Bible Black
Van Morrison - Tupelo Honey
Thin Lizzy - Johnny The Fox

MP3:
Pixies - Doolittle
Talking Heads - Remain In Light

#193 stoopid

stoopid

Superconductor

• Members
  • 1472 posts
  • Interests:Music, climbing, birds

Posted 21 March 2020 - 12:54 PM

I ordered a bunch of stuff from Burning Shed in the UK, it will be a while until it gets here.  :P

#194 Burger King Diamond

Burger King Diamond

The God Of Balance

• Members *
  • 5150 posts

Posted 21 March 2020 - 08:20 PM

Some live and acoustic Porcupine Tree rarities from their just launched Bandcamp page. https://porcupinetre...l.bandcamp.com/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users