ANY type of music

• Please log in to reply
171 replies to this topic

#121 OldRUSHfan

OldRUSHfan

OrneryGRUMPYfan

• Members *
  • 9686 posts
  • Interests:MUSIC, Driving, The Outdoors, Disc Golf, building plastic models [Of almost all kinds], having fun,Talking with friends!

Posted 05 June 2019 - 08:39 PM

Bought the "FULL MOON" book, which DOES come in E-book!  I LOVE E-books.  you can format the pages, lettering, all so I can read it easily...It's a fascinating read, also! Posted Image
Posted Image

Edited by OldRUSHfan, 05 June 2019 - 08:56 PM.

Sponsored Post

#122 OldRUSHfan

OldRUSHfan

OrneryGRUMPYfan

• Members *
  • 9686 posts
  • Interests:MUSIC, Driving, The Outdoors, Disc Golf, building plastic models [Of almost all kinds], having fun,Talking with friends!

Posted 06 June 2019 - 12:12 PM

I made a boo boo!  I left out "expect no mercy" from my Nazareth albums...it arrived this morning! It's already burned onto my comp!
Posted Image
Posted Image

#123 vaportrailer

vaportrailer

A Passenger to Bangkok

• Members
  • 6627 posts
  • Interests:music, reading, travel

Posted 06 June 2019 - 04:18 PM

View PostOldRUSHfan, on 05 June 2019 - 08:39 PM, said:

Bought the "FULL MOON" book, which DOES come in E-book!  I LOVE E-books.  you can format the pages, lettering, all so I can read it easily...It's a fascinating read, also! Posted Image
Posted Image

That's great that you were able to find it as an e-book!
I wonder what kind of legal hurdles (if any) had to be cleared, as names are not changed, and some of the stories are...well, you'll see! :lol:
Did the e-book come with the very helpful slang glossary? It's pretty ridiculous!

#124 OldRUSHfan

OldRUSHfan

OrneryGRUMPYfan

• Members *
  • 9686 posts

Posted 06 June 2019 - 09:26 PM

View Postvaportrailer, on 06 June 2019 - 04:18 PM, said:

Posted Image

I wonder what kind of legal hurdles (if any) had to be cleared, as names are not changed, and some of the stories are...well, you'll see! :lol:
Did the e-book come with the very helpful slang glossary? It's pretty ridiculous!

There's A Glossary at the end of the book, haven't looked at it yet! Yup! It's there!
Posted Image

#125 OldRUSHfan

OldRUSHfan

OrneryGRUMPYfan

• Members *
  • 9686 posts

Posted 15 June 2019 - 11:46 AM

View PostOldRUSHfan, on 06 June 2019 - 09:26 PM, said:

Posted Image

There's A Glossary at the end of the book, haven't looked at it yet! Yup! It's there!
Posted Image

And GLAD it's THERE!  the U.K. brogue is so thick in this book, I'm getting a BIG teaching class!  LOVE this book!  Thanks for bringing it to my attention, VT!
Posted Image

Edited by OldRUSHfan, 15 June 2019 - 11:48 AM.

#126 vaportrailer

vaportrailer

A Passenger to Bangkok

• Members
  • 6627 posts

Posted 20 June 2019 - 04:48 PM

View PostOldRUSHfan, on 15 June 2019 - 11:46 AM, said:

Posted Image

Posted Image

And GLAD it's THERE!  the U.K. brogue is so thick in this book, I'm getting a BIG teaching class!  LOVE this book!  Thanks for bringing it to my attention, VT!
Posted Image

ORF, I'm really happy that you're getting such a kick out of this book. It's equally hilarious and heart-breaking.

And that's great that the glossary is there. I dare you to start using any of those words! :P

#127 OldRUSHfan

OldRUSHfan

OrneryGRUMPYfan

• Members *
  • 9686 posts

Posted 20 June 2019 - 06:14 PM

View Postvaportrailer, on 20 June 2019 - 04:48 PM, said:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

ORF, I'm really happy that you're getting such a kick out of this book. It's equally hilarious and heart-breaking.

And that's great that the glossary is there. I dare you to start using any of those words! :P

I need a naked Bint, maaaaaan.  [how's that?]
Posted Image

#128 OldRUSHfan

OldRUSHfan

OrneryGRUMPYfan

• Members *
  • 9686 posts

Posted 20 June 2019 - 11:47 PM

Two more artists to ad to my collection, Ryan Adams & The Cardinals, and The Blue Van. Two more given to me by CSI:NY.  Season 5, E, 11.
Posted Image

#129 OldRUSHfan

OldRUSHfan

OrneryGRUMPYfan

• Members *
  • 9686 posts

Posted 21 June 2019 - 09:06 PM

Probably my LAST NAZARETH post, just recieved my last two Nazareth albums, and strangely enough, it's the first two albums! "Nazareth" and  "EXERCIZES"! now all the albums are burned on my comp!
Posted Image
Posted Image

Edited by OldRUSHfan, 21 June 2019 - 09:12 PM.

#130 grep

grep

Superconductor

• Members
  • 1261 posts

Posted 22 June 2019 - 01:18 PM

Phish - just ordered the 2 Bonnaroo and last night's Charlotte shows. Got Live Bait 16 for free.

Edited by grep, 22 June 2019 - 01:18 PM.

#131 Presto-digitation

Presto-digitation

Creative Writing 101

• Members
  • 10628 posts
  • Interests:Music, movies, my family....my goofy Shih Tzu.

Posted 22 June 2019 - 01:19 PM

Baroness’ new one Gold & Grey

#132 vaportrailer

vaportrailer

A Passenger to Bangkok

• Members
  • 6627 posts

Posted 25 June 2019 - 04:12 PM

View PostOldRUSHfan, on 20 June 2019 - 06:14 PM, said:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Maniac! :lol:

Your bonce is potty. :yes:

#133 OldRUSHfan

OldRUSHfan

OrneryGRUMPYfan

• Members *
  • 9686 posts

Posted 25 June 2019 - 10:58 PM

View Postvaportrailer, on 25 June 2019 - 04:12 PM, said:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I need a bunch of Bristol Citys!
Posted Image

#134 vaportrailer

vaportrailer

A Passenger to Bangkok

• Members
  • 6627 posts

Posted 27 June 2019 - 01:16 PM

View PostOldRUSHfan, on 25 June 2019 - 10:58 PM, said:

View Postvaportrailer, on 25 June 2019 - 04:12 PM, said:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I need a bunch of Bristol Citys!
Posted Image

You've got a crust full of lungs!

Posted Image

#135 OldRUSHfan

OldRUSHfan

OrneryGRUMPYfan

• Members *
  • 9686 posts

Posted 04 July 2019 - 07:00 PM

I'm getting "The Summoning" and two other Bloody Hammer albums, and a Lizzy Borden album, " My Midnight Things"  Lizzy Borden is the first "Spur of the moment" album buy in a WHILE!
Posted Image

#136 RushFanForever

RushFanForever

Rushaholic

• Members
  • 1655 posts

Posted 05 July 2019 - 10:02 AM

I recently purchased this book online for cheap.

Posted Image

Edited by RushFanForever, 05 July 2019 - 10:02 AM.

#137 OldRUSHfan

OldRUSHfan

OrneryGRUMPYfan

• Members *
  • 9686 posts

Posted 06 July 2019 - 02:15 PM

"The Summoning" has arrived, along with "My Midnight Things" and both are burned on my comp.  Excellent METAL!
Posted Image

#138 Mystic Slipperman

Mystic Slipperman

From Genesis to Armageddon

• Members
  • 3284 posts
  • Interests:Playing and writing music.

Posted 09 July 2019 - 12:36 PM

I've been on a serious used CD bender... finding a lot of stuff CHEAP!!!  Some of it is "upgrading" my catalog with better-sounding pressings... some of it is trying new things... etc.

#139 OldRUSHfan

OldRUSHfan

OrneryGRUMPYfan

• Members *
  • 9686 posts

Posted 10 July 2019 - 09:49 AM

Pulled out "The Big Prize" by Honeymoon Suite and reminded myself that Ian Anderson of Jethro Tull played Flute on "Feel It Again" , the biggest Hit off that album.  Went to Amazon, and bought the other four albums in the first five.  I thought I recognised that flute playing!  Gosh I LOVE his flute playing!  So, being primed by that, pulled out Magellan's "Test of Wills" song, "Critic's Carnival"  Love this band!  And Ian Anderson plays flute on this tune also!  Just learned that!  I bought this album back in 2001 When I was made aware of it.
Posted Image

Edited by OldRUSHfan, 10 July 2019 - 02:53 PM.

#140 Blue J

Blue J

Official SOCN Designated Driver

• Members *
  • 18905 posts

Posted 10 July 2019 - 08:24 PM

View PostOldRUSHfan, on 10 July 2019 - 09:49 AM, said:

Pulled out "The Big Prize" by Honeymoon Suite and reminded myself that Ian Anderson of Jethro Tull played Flute on "Feel It Again" , the biggest Hit off that album.  Went to Amazon, and bought the other four albums in the first five.  I thought I recognised that flute playing!  Gosh I LOVE his flute playing!  So, being primed by that, pulled out Magellan's "Test of Wills" song, "Critic's Carnival"  Love this band!  And Ian Anderson plays flute on this tune also!  Just learned that!  I bought this album back in 2001 When I was made aware of it.
Posted Image

I am a huge Ian Anderson fan myself.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users