New Purchases...

OldRUSHfan

The Plastic Cloud- A Canadian Psychedelic group from 1967 through late 1968. This album is the ONLY album by the group, and I LIKE IT! They did psychedelia WELL in my opinion. REMEMBER ALL you JUDGEMENTAL SNOBS! ENJOY MUSIC!!! This week I've also received Strawberry Alarm Clock's first four albums, The Quicksilver Messenger Service Anthology album, Regina Spektor's album "Begining To Hope", Pearl Jam 2006, Five Man Electrical Band Best of, k.d. Lang's invinceable summer, Testament, "Dark Roots of Earth", The Faint- Danse Macabre, A Flock of Seagulls first and a Remixes and Rarities album, The Best of LOVE, [RUSH inspiration], Judas Priest- Firepower, Unclean, by Pitbull Daycare, Ghost- Prequelle, Dukes of Stratosphear- 25 O'Clock [XTC], The Best of 1910 Fruitgum Company [simon Says], Ohio Express Golden Classics [Yummy Yummy Yummy I got LOVE in my tummy] and more as they arrive....Ozzy Just arrived with "Scream" and the four disc Chicago IV [LIVE at Carnegie Hall] which has three wall posters in it,a photo booklet with all sorts of pics and goodies. This is the first time in all of my years that I've owned Chicago IV although I've heard of this live set since it came out in the earlier '70s.

OjbOXBa.jpg

Edited by OldRUSHfan
  • Like 7

The Plastic Cloud- A Canadian Psychedelic group from 1967 through late 1968. This album is the ONLY album by the group, and I LIKE IT! They did psychedelia WELL in my opinion. REMEMBER ALL you JUDGEMENTAL SNOBS! ENJOY MUSIC!!! This week I've also received Strawberry Alarm Clock's first four albums, The Quicksilver Messenger Service Anthology album, Regina Spektor's album "Begining To Hope", Pearl Jam 2006, Five Man Electrical Band Best of, k.d. Lang's invinceable summer, Testament, "Dark Roots of Earth", The Faint- Danse Macabre, A Flock of Seagulls first and a Remixes and Rarities album, The Best of LOVE, [RUSH inspiration], Judas Priest- Firepower, Unclean, by Pitbull Daycare, Ghost- Prequelle, Dukes of Stratosphear- 25 O'Clock [XTC], The Best of 1910 Fruitgum Company [simon Says], Ohio Express Golden Classics [Yummy Yummy Yummy I got LOVE in my tummy] and more as they arrive....Ozzy Just arrived with "Scream" and the four disc Chicago IV [LIVE at Carnegie Hall] which has three wall posters in it,a photo booklet with all sorts of pics and goodies. This is the first time in all of my years that I've owned Chicago IV although I've heard of this live set since it came out in the earlier '70s.

OjbOXBa.jpg

Wow! Remember to eat something! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: Those sound great, especially Quicksilver Messenger Service; I always liked them. I am very jealous as my stereo is currently unhooked and in pieces due to living room painting! Enjoy

• Like 3

OjbOXBa.jpg

Wow! Remember to eat something! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: Those sound great, especially Quicksilver Messenger Service; I always liked them. I am very jealous as my stereo is currently unhooked and in pieces due to living room painting! Enjoy

All this stuff plays on my computer with the speakers that came with it. stereo, with a sub-woofer also. pretty good for right off the shelf...I have a patch cord to play it through my JBLs if I need to....lol I've been in your situation though!

zYT9Yz9.gif

• Like 3

OjbOXBa.jpg

What did you think of Scream? I really like it.

• Like 1

I've been getting into Classical music Lately! A friend in Taxachusettes sent me a CD of her fave songs about six years ago, but I didn't look up the classical songs til earlier this year and found out they're Mendelssohn's String Symphony 4 in C minor performed by the Sophia Chamber Orchestra and led by Emil Tabakov. Excellent music.I LOVE good classical Music...so now I add Mendelssohn to my list of composers I own...ofhRKWW.jpg

LnxNveC.gif

• Like 4

OjbOXBa.jpg

What did you think of Scream? I really like it.

It's OZZY! I've been into Oz since a cousin played the Paranoid album for me on Memorial Day 1971, along with the ELP album. Ozzy is STILL OZZY! Love him to death!

zdxLoYS.gif

• Like 3

I got the two classical albums I told about in another Thread, Felix Mendelssohn String Symphonies, This was performed by the SOFIA Chamber Orchestra

and Mozart- Symphony No. 40 in G minor performed by The Mozart Festival Orchestra, led by Richard Edlinger and burned them immediately also listened.

I LOVE GOOD MUSIC!

CFqwtQ9.gif

• Like 2

I found a CD of the Best of U2 1980-1990 at the thrift store, got up to the checkout and turned the package over and there was a cd of Signals!!! I don't have that one on CD (did a digital download of it years ago) so this was so cool! :LOL: :clap: :yay: I'm trying to get a bunch of songs to put on my ipod, my first one died and I didn't have all the songs backed up :P :gumby: .

That really made my day :yes:

• Like 2

I found a CD of the Best of U2 1980-1990 at the thrift store, got up to the checkout and turned the package over and there was a cd of Signals!!! I don't have that one on CD (did a digital download of it years ago) so this was so cool! :LOL: :clap: :yay: I'm trying to get a bunch of songs to put on my ipod, my first one died and I didn't have all the songs backed up :P :gumby: .

Oh Lord!

Rented Signals at a library when I got into :rush: a decade ago. Got that u2 a year after it came out when I had just started college and got into older alt rock and new wave.

• Like 1

Rented Signals at a library when I got into :rush: a decade ago. Got that u2 a year after it came out when I had just started college and got into older alt rock and new wave.

I own both those U2 best ofs but have yet to play them. When I am in a U2 mood they will be perfect!

As for Signals, so glad I replayed it recently! So much better than I remembered.

I've got a couple of new albums but it's a secret...

Why?

Because it builds mystery and suspense. It will get people coming back to the thread to see what they are.

Aye... :smoke:

Because they want to read me telling the stupid DUCK to shove it up his...

uN6ffvJ.jpg

CFqwtQ9.gif

Today, I received Greatful Dead, "Anthem of The Sun", my first Grateful dead album, Iggy Pop, "For Life", and STYX, "The Mission" My first STYX album since "Kilroy Was Here". Someone said it was a "Not Horrible Album being without Dennis DeYoung". And they're RIGHT! I LIKE IT! I used to have Lust For Life in vinyl, but never got it on CD yet. Tomorrow I delve into the Grateful Dead album I'm familiar with the 'hits' but never had an album. not even on vinyl. Need to find a book of all their album cover art! I've been fascinated with Skeletons and Skulls since I was a little kid [3 or 4].

zYW8fGq.jpg

Today I received Humble Pie "Hot 'n' Nasty: The Anthology" double CD with all the usual stuff. Tons of stuff I've never heard before even though I'm 60 this year. I guess the Radio station I was listening to didn't play stuff except the very hottest music......dummies...since then I've changed radio stations, and everything is different nowadays...but this album is GREAT!!!

JGJEdLh.jpg

Edited by OldRUSHfan

New today. Tygers of Pan Tang: The MCA Years. a 5 CD Box set, the first four albums and a BBC album of live performances...good stuff! I got into them after the MCA years in 1988 when a friend of mine loaned me the First, second and fourth albums, so I could transfer them to Cassette tapes just when I was getting into CDs....this is the first time I've owned these albums on CD. Found out John Sykes was in this band before he joined Thin Lizzy,Whitesnake, and others...

zYW8fGq.jpg

Edited by OldRUSHfan
  • Like 1