If there were to be ONE final show...

Thunder Bay Rush

I’ve been saying it since the final show of R40… “Well, I guess that’s it.” Neil is retired and Rush as a band, is too. But, if the boys were someone how convinced to give their fans one last show, where should it be?

No question, Toronto is the city, but the venue?

Three obvious choices: One is the Rogers Centre (or whatever the hell they call it these days), the place could hold 60,000 which would easily sell out. Two, the Air Canada Centre, which is the hockey arena that holds about 15,000. Or, finally and for nostalgia sakes, how about Massey Hall? This legendary 3,000 seat theater has great acoustics for sound, but as most know, it’s where All The World’s A Stage was recorded back in 196. A full circle…

So?

Edited by Thunder Bay Rush
  • Like 2

Sod Toronto....

A Friday night stint at the Dog and Duck down the road....fifty quid in their back pocket with free soup and stovies off a coronation tray.

Bang tidy!

Edited by Fridge
  • Like 4

Sod Toronto....

A Friday night stint at the Dog and Duck down the road....fifty quid in their back pocket with free soup and stovies off a coronation tray.

Bang tidy!

Throw in three steak 'n kidney pies and a half bottle of HP Sauce and they'd probably go for it...

• Like 1

An unannounced “mystery band” performance at the Orbit Room on some random weekday even. A mere 20 minute or so performance before attendees could notify all via social media. Peart on a bare bones kit.

Set list:

2112 Overture

Headlong Flight

The Spirit of Radio

A medley of whatever with the remaining few minutes

Blink and you miss it.

:blaze:

• Like 3

An unannounced “mystery band” performance at the Orbit Room on some random weekday even. A mere 20 minute or so performance before attendees could notify all via social media. Peart on a bare bones kit.

Set list:

2112 Overture

Headlong Flight

The Spirit of Radio

A medley of whatever with the remaining few minutes

Blink and you miss it.

:blaze:

Great idea! Rod would know of course, as he is The Knowledge of all things musical in Toronto! He could go and report back! :heart:

• Like 2

I know this is kind of a weird choice...but I always wondered how fitting it would be if Rush did their absolute final show this summer at the absolute final date on the absolute final Vans Warped Tour?

Yes I know, Rush is probably too old of an act for Warped Tour, but I was just wondering how much of a big draw it would have been for Vans to have a band headlining the very last date of the very last Warped tour and also have that be the band's official final farewell, so it's like two farewells rolled into one.